#2 Devils Forward in 2013

rtr1105

1995 • 2000 • 2003
Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey, USA
UPDATE: When I made this poll I forgot to set a deadline for it. But I'm just going to end it now as Kovy is running away with the vote (53.97%). I'll make the #3 thread and set a 1 day voting period.

Vote for the second best forward in 2013.

1) Patrik Elias- 55.67% of votes

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kovy for me, but maybe Loktionov had he been around longer.

In before Jim posts about how Kovy only had 4 even strength goals.:laugh:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Loktionov. He produced more or less out of nowhere

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Loki, because he's the only forward on our team with enough common sense to not shoot wide or hit the post when staring down an open net.

NC107*

Wow it speaks volumes to the weakness of the Devils offense that Lou put on the ice when the fans debate who is the second best offensive player when you have a $100 M contract player fighting for second against a pick up player. Consider that the player the fans think by 55% is the number one offensive player isn't offend a contract during the season. We are ****ed

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Kovy for me, but maybe Loktionov had he been around longer.

In before Jim posts about how Kovy only had 4 even strength goals.:laugh:

He had 5...that dazzling off the defensemans skate goal late in the season made it 5 even strength goals in 37 games.

5. 7 players on the team had more 5v5 goals...and if you factor minutes, I'm sure Gionta's 4 5v5 goals equates to more per minute than kovalchuk's 5....So that would put him 9th on the team in 5v5 scoring.

Yeah.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Loki, espcially if you consider him being on a new team and having to earn his icetime first. Kovy simply plays way too many minutes to have only 2 powerplay and 5 even strenght goals.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Wow it speaks volumes to the weakness of the Devils offense that Lou put on the ice when the fans debate who is the second best offensive player when you have a $100 M contract player fighting for second against a pick up player. Consider that the player the fans think by 55% is the number one offensive player isn't offend a contract during the season. We are ****ed

Sorry but this has nothing to do with Lou and everything to do with the players on the ice.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ponikarovsky got a vote? He would be last on my list.:laugh:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Steve Bernier was better than Kovalchuk 5v5 and scored as many goals on the power play....he doesnt even really get PP time or any special team play.

There is no logical argument at all for Kovalchuk as the 2nd best forward.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Only 5 players on this team had multi goal games this season..Elias, Clarkson, Henrique, Bernier and Zidlicky.

Edit: sorry Kovalchuk had a multi goal game vs Carolina.

Last edited:

NC107*

Sorry but this has nothing to do with Lou and everything to do with the players on the ice.

You're right but that because of the question asked but you just don't understand going deeper into the question. It's all on Lou.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Kovalchuk was tied for 4th on the team with 4 other players in PP goals...when you consider he played the full 2 minutes for most the season he would be ranked last of those 4 in PP goals making him 7th on the team in PP goals.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
This is only about points? Kovy proved a huge emotinal boost to this team. sure his points **** the bed this year and ive been a open kovy critic but this team is lost without him. man that hurt to say.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
This is only about points? Kovy proved a huge emotinal boost to this team. sure his points **** the bed this year and ive been a open kovy critic but this team is lost without him. man that hurt to say.

Go look at the 10/15 games before he was injured....they lost with him also.

And the wins they did have were simply a soft part of the schedule... I don't believe they had a single win vs a playoff team during those 15 or so games he was in the lineup before injury.

Last edited:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Kovalchuk was tied for 4th on the team with 4 other players in PP goals...when you consider he played the full 2 minutes for most the season he would be ranked last of those 4 in PP goals making him 7th on the team in PP goals.

Pretty sure Kovalchuk's role on the PP this precise season has been the epitome of a PP Quarterback. PP QB don't score much PP goals.

Not searching for an excuse, I'm one huge fan of Kovalchuk and I didn't vote for him. Just trying to get a fact straight.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Pretty sure Kovalchuk's role on the PP this precise season has been the epitome of a PP Quarterback. PP QB don't score much PP goals.

Not searching for an excuse, I'm one huge fan of Kovalchuk and I didn't vote for him. Just trying to get a fact straight.

He score 2 pp goals this season playing the full two minutes for about 2/3 of the season... that is almost a joke.

Edit: And if he is considered the QB of the PP and the PP is one of the worst in the league is it on him?

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
He score 2 pp goals this season playing the full two minutes for about 2/3 of the season... that is almost a joke.

But a team leading 12 assists. I'm the first one to admit he had a bad season but IK's got a typical PP QB line stats and he played like one too.

Ain't a personal affair to me, I don't hate you and neither blinded by my KovyLove. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad