GDT: 2/8/24 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
You'd think we were winning 6-2 given the way the isles arena emptied out with like 10 minutes left... Talk about a library. No real fans up there

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Glad that's over. We were in a groove before the all star break. I have no idea how we get back to that, because this looks like a different team than the one that had it's act together 2 weeks ago. And that team didn't have an Erik Cernak, who has looked good in his return.

I'm chalking up the last two games as residual effects from the Sergachev injury.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
sigh...we have lost that edge we had...cooper needs to do better

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
ESPN refused to let me log in to watch the game so I guess it was doing me a favor. I knew that a long break during a win streak would f*** us. Just hope they get back on track with the next game.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Ace had one good game against Boston and hasn't done anything since. He's picking up on the bad habits of the rest of the bottom 6 being passengers and coasting through games. He's lost all his great pest abilities

I've never seen a team miss the net so much. This team is paid millions to miss the net

Honestly? I’d be pissed if I were him. He played his ass off for the first half of the season (should be in the top 6 )and what does Cooper do. Put him on the 4th line and than stick him with motte and sheary.

Last edited:

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.

Blame the Cayman Islands

I mean, after 4 or 5 years straight (at least) of them playing like trash after more than a few days off, did he really expect something to be different this time around. It's certainly.nit because of he or his staff's ability to get them prepared and motivated to get back at it, as that clearly is something they aren't capable of doing(and apparently, neither are the players). I guess we'll see if this time it only takes a couple of games to bounce back, or if it's another 10 game slump which probabaly costs them a playoff spot.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
I think the Sergachev injury F'ed them up, thought they played quite well yesterday until that.
They did play well yesterday at MSG. Vasy wasn't tight on the post for Vesey's backhander making it 1-0. It was poor positioning on his part. The team had hit a couple of posts. I thought the team was looking good especially for a 10 day break. They were hustling. Then Sergey got hurt.

Reactions: Renopucker

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Dominated by the f***ing Islanders.

Please don't waste any assets at the TDL on this team. We had a nice run to start the year but we also had some muffin opponents while we had a losing record against teams currently in the playoffs. If they get to the playoffs with the team we have, great. If not, at least you didn't waste any assets and you can hopefully use them to balance the team better for next season.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Damn, the break killed our momentum, we quickly need to somehow get back on track!

.. still feeling sorry for Serg :( Should be something the team can gather around and get some mojo going.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Dominated by the f***ing Islanders.

Please don't waste any assets at the TDL on this team. We had a nice run to start the year but we also had some muffin opponents while we had a losing record against teams currently in the playoffs. If they get to the playoffs with the team we have, great. If not, at least you didn't waste any assets and you can hopefully use them to balance the team better for next season.
One could argue that we had one of the toughest schedules to start the season though. More games than most teams, tougher opponents, B2Bs etc. Should be easier from now on compared to other teams. Of course losing Serg (again) doesn’t help and the team needs to figure out some stuff soon.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Obligatory

8sPtDmJ.png
ok -- as a lifelong Isles fan, this is pretty funny. Nicely done.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
One could argue that we had one of the toughest schedules to start the season though. More games than most teams, tougher opponents, B2Bs etc. Should be easier from now on compared to other teams. Of course losing Serg (again) doesn’t help and the team needs to figure out some stuff soon.
I meant the start of the calendar year, should've been clearer.

Having played more games means we also have fewer games left to throw away like this one. The team came out totally unprepared and dug themselves a hole they couldn't climb out of. That has happened way too many times. We're supposed to be a veteran team but we make mistakes like we're some u-18 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino