GDT: 2/7/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
We should have traded him. Now we're stuck with a broken piece.

At this point there's no point. All we have to hope for is Kucherov's individual rewards.
Broken piece? It's not like his leg was cut off or something, he probabaly broke hos ankle or tib/fib. Unless he badly shredded his ankle structurally, he should easily be back by start of next season or even during gbthe playoffs if Tampa goes deep enough. Serg is a very long term investment and pretty good player, so it's not like JBB was ever going to trade him.

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
Damn...awful to see. Massive prayers for Sergy.

Looks like a broken leg. Freaking F bomb city
It was awful. Kuch got off bench and skated over to Serge and then signaled to bench/corner about a stretcher. You could tell from his body language that Serge was hurt bad and it was his knee or leg. The whole bench then got up around Serge as he lay on the ice in the corner. It was like he knew that something bad had happened to his leg. Serge was crying into a towel as he was wheeled off the ice. I had never seen that before. His shoulders were just heaving. It was tragic.

Wow, that's just terrible. Don't even know what to say.
It was awful to see live. Serge covering his face with a towel and crying, shoulders heaving- even as he raised a hand to acknowledge the crowd clapping support.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Broken piece? It's not like his leg was cut off or something, he probabaly broke hos ankle or tib/fib. Unless he badly shredded his ankle structurally, he should easily be back by start of next season or even during gbthe playoffs if Tampa goes deep enough. Serg is a very long term investment and pretty good player, so it's not like JBB was ever going to trade him.
Again, I think he should have been traded long ago. He's not worth the money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Look I'm not the biggest Serg fan but using a freak injury as some kind of evidence to hold against him is pretty damn stupid.

Vasi at fault for both goals. But damn if we could just not hit the post so often it might not have mattered.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
You know why I hate the f***ing salary cap? It reduces players to numbers. Kid just suffered more physical pain than most here have ever had to endure, gets the emotional shock that he's been preparing himself his entire life to be an NHL player which may be over, and he gets to look forward to months and months of difficult physical therapy.

All signs point to him being a good kid, just 25 years old, but we've got posters here spewing vitriol because he's now "damaged goods". If your an immature pre-teen I get it, but that is a loser thought process if you're an adult. Maybe it irks me a little more than some since I've been in his situation before, but have some damn empathy.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
The Serge injury and aftermath was heartbreaking, Only thing to do now is just hope it's something he fully recovers from in the next season or two.

We looked surprisingly good in the first, but the game was lost by both Vasy and the offense.

I believe JBB could make a trade to bolster this team but I think it would just be going through the motions, not make a difference and put off the inevitable rebuild another year. Hedman and Vasy are not the same this season, we're down Sergachev as well, and still need depth scoring. That'd take a lot of trades to fix but there's not a trade out there to fix Vasy.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
The Serge injury and aftermath was heartbreaking, Only thing to do now is just hope it's something he fully recovers from in the next season or two.

We looked surprisingly good in the first, but the game was lost by both Vasy and the offense.

I believe JBB could make a trade to bolster this team but I think it would just be going through the motions, not make a difference and put off the inevitable rebuild another year. Hedman and Vasy are not the same this season, we're down Sergachev as well, and still need depth scoring. That'd take a lot of trades to fix but there's not a trade out there to fix Vasy.
For the most part, agreed. Not sure this is the year we spend anything else. If anything, we sell what little we can to help bolster a more legitimate next year. With Sergachev, a better 3LD, more experienced Lilleberg, a new face or two in the bottom six, and Jeannot, maybe we just hold off and hit resume next season. Idk, tough spot we are in.

For all the stuff I give Sergachev, he shows up in the playoffs. Having to replace the #2 LD AND you were already needing an upgrade over CDH, that's an expense we can't pay right now.

You know why I hate the f***ing salary cap? It reduces players to numbers. Kid just suffered more physical pain than most here have ever had to endure, gets the emotional shock that he's been preparing himself his entire life to be an NHL player which may be over, and he gets to look forward to months and months of difficult physical therapy.

All signs point to him being a good kid, just 25 years old, but we've got posters here spewing vitriol because he's now "damaged goods". If your an immature pre-teen I get it, but that is a loser thought process if you're an adult. Maybe it irks me a little more than some since I've been in his situation before, but have some damn empathy.
I mean I get what you're saying and agree, though I think there's legitimate concern for how he returns and how it affects the team in both the short and long term. That might sound callous but I don't think envisioning or speculating the direction we take with him penciled out for +3 months is beyond sensibility. To add to that, that's the exact approach JBB and the staff will take alongside him too. He's going to be replaced for "x" amount of time - right in front of his face - but the spot is his when he comes back. He's obviously going to afford and be treated like royalty so a return can happen, but in sports entertainment that's the sad reality - its a business. I don't agree with calling him damaged goods, but I think people saying "hold off" on cap/roster talk are reaching a bit too much. The moment that happened, JBB's first concern was Sergachev's health and secondarily, how the team fills that hole.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Vasy back to giving away games like it's nothing. The guy can't get through a game without giving up at least one softie.

Turned it off after that second goal because I was pissed and that was probably the most boring game of the season. Felt like I was watching it in slow motion.

Hopefully Sergachev is okay. Didn't look good to say the least.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
AHL level goals let in by Vasy last night.. Are you f***ing kidding me 10 mil for this? Genius move by JBB to not sign a competent backup after Vasy has major surgery.

ABB and Sheary are the exact same player soft perimeter wingers who can’t score. Please make it stop.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00