GDT: 2/6/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Florida

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
7 goals? 8? 9 ? 10? You just leave him out there no matter what?
Why does it matter? If it’s not affecting the goalie psychologically (READ: Patrick Roy) then leave em out there. Do you think the lightning had a shot tonight or something? Garbage game all night. No one was backstopping us to victory tonight.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
Let Florida have this one, they’re still absolute garbage this season. I’m sure they’ll celebrate like they won something like they always do whenever they beat big brother, though.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Folks - Reminder: no open discussion of Mod actions and let’s refrain from over-the-top responses to other posters. I get it. It was a shitty game. But let’s reel it back in please

Thank you!

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I mean you have to think Vasi and Coop have talked about this not sure why you're up in arms.

Florida is still trash though, this game is their Stanley Cup.
Historically coaches would have mercy on a goaltender getting lit up and Takes them out. Remember a night the Patrick Roy was getting torched for Montreal he was not taken out looked at the GM and said he would never play another game for Montreal…… He didn’t he was traded to Colorado and won the cup.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Historically coaches would have mercy on a goaltender getting lit up and Takes them out. Remember a night the Patrick Roy was getting torched for Montreal he was not taken out looked at the GM and said he would never play another game for Montreal…… He didn’t he was traded to Colorado and won the cup.

Yes we're going to pretend like Cooper, the softest coach in the world has the balls to leave his #1 goalie in to spite him and Vasi would just sit there and take it,

Reactions: ultra63 and Hoek

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I can't find anything to link to, but I believe Vasy has said in the past he doesn't like being pulled. There was this recently from the last playoff run where Coop said even if he tried to pull Vasy, "I don't think he'd come out. That's what a competitor he is, and that's why he's the best."

Reactions: Hoek

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Yes we're going to pretend like Cooper, the softest coach in the world has the balls to leave his #1 goalie in to spite him and Vasi would just sit there and take it,
I am not pretending nothing. Just pointing out how things have been traditionally done in cases like this. I think Coop is a good coach despite some of the things he does. Players connect to him, I do think the team on many nights just take the ice expecting to win on there reputations. I also think that the regular season matters and it’s getting late in the year , where two years ago we could expect the team to come back from a couple goals down regularly. I have not had that feeling all year. I do not buy into all the guff that the team is tired after three straight final runs. A weeks rest came before this bed shitting . The defense can not play as bad as it did tonight and expect a win. The good thing perhaps it wakes the stars up, maybe it effects Coops monkeying with the lines as well and gets Paul back to the 2nd line and moves Cirelli down to the 3rd where he should be. Hell Cirelli even got PP time in the 2nd when they were still in the game . Up and down the roster and the coaching staff there should be much introspection about this game. I will agree the team has weak areas but there still a good team, not a favorite to go all the way but getting embarrassed like tonight should not happen.

Reactions: T REX

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Lol what did I miss to get a mod post in the GDT? I was just playing some Third Strike to unwind and people still aren't on the Vasy is trash and broken train? What is wrong with you all?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Lol what did I miss to get a mod post in the GDT? I was just playing some Third Strike to unwind and people still aren't on the Vasy is trash and broken train? What is wrong with you all?

Maybe they don't like you always poking fun at the backup?

I am not pretending nothing. Just pointing out how things have been traditionally done in cases like this. I think Coop is a good coach despite some of the things he does. Players connect to him, I do think the team on many nights just take the ice expecting to win on there reputations. I also think that the regular season matters and it’s getting late in the year , where two years ago we could expect the team to come back from a couple goals down regularly. I have not had that feeling all year. I do not buy into all the guff that the team is tired after three straight final runs. A weeks rest came before this bed shitting . The defense can not play as bad as it did tonight and expect a win. The good thing perhaps it wakes the stars up, maybe it effects Coops monkeying with the lines as well and gets Paul back to the 2nd line and moves Cirelli down to the 3rd where he should be. Hell Cirelli even got PP time in the 2nd when they were still in the game . Up and down the roster and the coaching staff there should be much introspection about this game. I will agree the team has weak areas but there still a good team, not a favorite to go all the way but getting embarrassed like tonight should not happen.

It happens to all teams but sure...

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
It was painful to my ears to listen to the Panthers PBP snd it was painful to my eyes to watch Lightning play. I reached my limit after the fourth goal.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
TBF Coop has benched star players before.

But the idea he left Vasi out to dry is idiotic. B2B and Vasi doesn't like being pulled.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad