Post-Game Talk: 2/3/18 | Lightning 4 @ Canucks 2 | It's 2011 but they're the Nucks and we're the Oilers

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

Canucks Game Day: Can shot-blocker Tanev stop Lightning strikes?

9ce0Ht0.jpg

Vancouver Canucks vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
Saturday, 7 p.m.
TV: CBC Hockey Night in Canada; Radio: SNET 650 AM

Only Alex Ovechkin (30) had scored more goals than Nikita Kucherov (27) heading into league play Friday. The league’s top point producer (64) and Hart Trophy contender is complemented by Steven Stamkos, who was fourth in scoring with 59 points (19-40).

More

Last edited:

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
for some reason I'm expecting an offensive bore of a game, we probably win 2-1 (tie it on a late Tanev goal) after a lengthy shootout or something

hopefully boeser gets a hatty though

Last edited:

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
I am expecting a blow-out. Lightning put up 7 against the Flames the other night. I'll say 6-2 Lightning, Kucherov with the hat trick.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Anyways 6-3 Lightening all our goals scored by Baertchi Stechy and Vanek

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The Canucks are a much better team with Horvat in it, and they could always surprise you, but this game has blowout written all over it unless the Canucks can find a way to have Tanev/Edler/Stecher on the ice all game long and never let Pouliot/Gudbranson/Del Zotto off the bench.

Reactions: Ozone

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The amount of people that ***** about Del Zotto not getting scratched should turn their attention to Pouliot getting played over Hutton

Such trash.

It's absolutely absurd.

Pouliot is just junk. An abysmal player. The experiment with him has failed and to continue propping up this acquisition to make management look good while scratching better players is a joke.

Biega being scratched is just as bad.

Reactions: Morenz and Ryp37

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Should be a good game..I think the Canucks will be up for it (they usually are for the good teams,and play like shite for the teams at their level or below).....although Tampa has so many weapons offensively,they will more than likely come out on top.

I'm guessing Green wants Pouliot in the lineup to get more offence from the backend..He was good when we first acquired him,but his game absolutely cratered when all the injuries hit...Obviously,they're trying to get his game back to where it was pre injury.

Tonights game will be a good measuring stick of how far the team needs to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomobo

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
That 4th pairing is much better than the 3rd pairing, and we didn’t have to trade any assets for them. I wonder what this team would be like if we traded what we did for Pouliot and Guddy, for an actual NHL D.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Pouliot's recent play has actually seen him go at a pace that could take a run at one of the NHL's must unattainable records if he kept it up for a full season.

Bill Mikkelsson was an incredible -82 for the 1974-75 Washington Capitals, a mark that nobody has ever come close to since. In his last 17 games, Pouliot is a -19, which would project to a -91 over a full season.

Historic! What a time to be a Canuck fan.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Green must see something in that Pouliot-Gudbranson pairing not visible to the naked eye.....and Del Zotto gets sheltered by playing with the Canucks best d-man in Tanev.....it's a blueline held together by paper clips and duct tape....and as far as Hutton is concerned I'm really beginning to think he might be on a new team after the trade deadline..... either that, or maybe it's Del Zotto they're continuing to be showcased for a potential deal....who knows?

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
It's absolutely absurd.

Pouliot is just junk. An abysmal player. The experiment with him has failed and to continue propping up this acquisition to make management look good while scratching better players is a joke.

Biega being scratched is just as bad.
Linden Pouliot-Vey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad