Post-Game Talk: 2/28/18 | Rangers 6 @ Canucks 5 (OT)

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

Canucks Game Day: Will young trade arrival Leipsic draw in against Rangers?

New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks, 7 p.m., Rogers Arena
(TV: Sportsnet Pacific; Radio: SNET 650 AM)

BhTbvs0.jpg

THE BIG MATCHUP
Rebuild vs. retool

Are you ready to hear unending comparisons of the way the New York Rangers and the Vancouver Canucks have handled the past few months? The Rangers have been proactive and are viewed by many as a model rebuilding team, mostly because they’ve done an excellent job of acquiring draft picks. The Canucks? Not so much. In an underwhelming season, the Canucks haven’t been able to add much for their future. They did acquire a couple of 20-something players at the trade deadline and will be eager to showcase them.

More

Last edited:

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Tickets for todays match up is pretty much free on Stubhub, so think I'll be going to this one. Think Boeser breaks out of his goalless slump, 3-1 Canucks 2x by Boeser.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Excited to see what we have in Leipsic, he may be an ingredient that’s been sorely missing from our team.
Go Canucks!
Cant tell if serious... apparently my sarcasm detector is broken half the time so....

Anyways this game could go other way as both teams on the ice in the same position HOWEVER thats were the similarities END. Their GM actually got value at the tdl well our team screwed up everything possible

4-3 Canucks in SO with goals by Baertchi Horvat Biega and SO goal by Horvat for the win in the third round

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Its early, just envious that the Rangers have management that is able to look in the mirror and recognize that its time to scorch the franchise.

Amazingly, a crummy team with crummy players on crummy contracts can’t find anyone to take on their crud... not that much of it was moveable, anyway.

Anyhoo... I think the Rangers out-suck us this time around.

3-1 Canucks

Bo, Sutter and Daniel

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
They just want Jokinen in the press box to mentor Hutton who I assume they will scratch for the next 5 as they let him play last game.

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
Sedins - Goldobin
Leipsic - Bo - Boeser
Bae - Gagner - Virtanen
Motte - Sutter - Archi

Forward lines in practice today

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Wow nice I'm glad Leipsic is getting first line opportunity.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Cant tell if serious... apparently my sarcasm detector is broken half the time so....

Anyways this game could go other way as both teams on the ice in the same position HOWEVER thats were the similarities END. Their GM actually got value at the tdl well our team screwed up everything possible

4-3 Canucks in SO with goals by Baertchi Horvat Biega and SO goal by Horvat for the win in the third round

You don't want to see how leipsic plays?

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
One thing I want to see is if they continue to give the ice time to Virtanen. It's a learning process for the penalty things right now, but I have been happy overall the last stretch of games by him. I want them to continue to push that with emphasising control f his stick. He has made some defenseman look really slow out there. I think he keeps doing this eventually some of these chances will go in.

Reactions: alternate

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
tickets are what..? $12 USD?

None cheaper to have a fire benning chant started

also first game after the TDL

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks win this one..After the NYR fire sale,the Rangers have donned their caps and helmets and are ready to proceed with the stealth tank...Their fans and management are fully on board....I'm expecting the same from the Habs,Wings,Sens and Sabres...There's a whole new race to get to the bottom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad