GDT: 2/28/13 - Minnesota @ Phoenix Part(y) II

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
we're only 2 points from tying Van, but they still have the tiebreaker if i'm not mistaken.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
If the Wild were to miraculously win the Stanley Cup, this whole Don't Stop the Party thing would take on a whole new meaning.

Not saying it's gonna happen, but don't stop the party.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Anaheim tomorrow... the last time the guys played Anaheim, they were so bad the team traded Powe for Rupp. I think the trade has worked well in that Rupp provides something different to the bottom 6, where as Powe was just like every other bottom 6 guy we had.

Can we carry this momentum and actually play WELL against them this time and not get completely embarrassed?

Billy Mays Here*

Please don't be a 3 point game in San Jose tonight. Both those teams are only 1 point behind us.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
generally speaking though Zucker has looked a bit lost in his own end. lost as in head spinning around. not saying no one else has those nights but i'm guessing they aren't thinking the risk is worth the reward if we're already up.

edit: and if we're tied or down for long vs the Ducks you can bet his TOI goes up accordingly.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
we're only 2 points from tying Van, but they still have the tiebreaker if i'm not mistaken.

First tie breaker is Regulation/overtime wins. Both are currently tied at 8, with the Wild exactly 2pts behind, as long as those two points are from a ROW, they get the tie breaker.

Edit: Haite beat me to it! :laugh:

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
If we win in regulation/OT and Vancouver obviously loses, we'll have the tiebreaker (better ROW).

First tie breaker is Regulation/overtime wins. Both are currently tied at 8, with the Wild exactly 2pts behind, as long as those two points are from a ROW, they get the tie breaker.

Edit: Haite beat me to it! :laugh:

i am mistaken! i thought they had still played one less game than us and the winning percentage would take it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
i am mistaken! i thought they had still played one less game than us and the winning percentage would take it.

Actually, we were the team with a game in hand. Now the games are even. ;)

We play tomorrow, they play Saturday... we need to win and they need to lose in regulation.

OpRedDawn*

yeah I liked Rupp. He forechecks pretty good, has decent hands, and dropped the gloves tonight. Much better than Powe. Wonder where this leaves ZK though

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
generally speaking though Zucker has looked a bit lost in his own end. lost as in head spinning around. not saying no one else has those nights but i'm guessing they aren't thinking the risk is worth the reward if we're already up.

edit: and if we're tied or down for long vs the Ducks you can bet his TOI goes up accordingly.

He only played 7:04 last game and we were down/tied the whole game

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
He only played 7:04 last game and we were down/tied the whole game

well there goes that theory. dk. just that he looks a little lost when we're pinned and everyone else (generally speaking) looks like they're playing as a unit.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
yeah I liked Rupp. He forechecks pretty good, has decent hands, and dropped the gloves tonight. Much better than Powe. Wonder where this leaves ZK though

I agree....Rupp has really added something to this team...He's not just a trained gorilla on skates, he has some game.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Nobody claimed tomorrow's GDT so I just went ahead and nabbed it.

It's lazy as **** but I hope y'all like it. I'm tired as **** :laugh:

Oh, and I spilled milk on my wacom tablet this morning, so that's boned. Looks like the money my parents are giving me is going straight to a new tablet. Whoooooo :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad