GDT: 2/28/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Team needs some kind of shakeup right now. Season is almost lost. Us fans deserve better. Spotlight is on you Yzerman

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Team needs some kind of shakeup right now. Season is almost lost. Us fans deserve better. Spotlight is on you Yzerman

We also need to start getting Stamkos to work harder in the dirty areas, for Vinny to regain the passion he played with to start the year, for MAB, Lee, Aulie, Brewer and Carle to play more aggressive and wake up in both zones, Purcell to be scratched and learn to play with determination...

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The only way to make a statement is to trade someone of importance to let everyone know they need to shape up. I would say Purcell and Brewer would be the two who would make sense.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Maybe the team doctor can prescribe some testosterone supplements so they can grow some hairs on those mimosas. The other team had a higher compete level than we did, which has happened a lot this season.

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
was going to order tickets tomorrow for the game against the panthers in April, going to give my money to a stripper instead, way more worth it then giving money to this team right now.

Good job guys, golf clap :handclap:

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Something is deeply wrong with this team. Coaches wanted more size and grit, and you would think Yzerman obliged. They just won't use it. I don't know if it's coaching. Or if their scared to take a hit, or scared to give one because they will be penalized. I don't know. Not caring if they throw hits just to throw them, but there is absolutely no reason for them not to be able to knock a guy off the puck or win a board battle. I saw none of that, none.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
You're right. Pouliot did toss some checks.

Fans need to just vote with their wallets. Vinik deserve much more. Owner is worthy of the sellouts, team isn't.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Something is deeply wrong with this team. Coaches wanted more size and grit, and you would think Yzerman obliged. They just won't use it. I don't know if it's coaching. Or if their scared to take a hit, or scared to give one because they will be penalized. I don't know. Not caring if they throw hits just to throw them, but there is absolutely no reason for them not to be able to knock a guy off the puck or win a board battle. I saw none of that, none.

Ever since that game vs. Philly where Crombeen got knocked out, we've completely lost our edge in the physical department. I guess that's what happens when your "toughest" player goes down. Having Malone back might be a big boost despite his lacklustre play prior to getting injured.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
was going to order tickets tomorrow for the game against the panthers in April, going to give my money to a stripper instead, way more worth it then giving money to this team right now.

Good job guys, golf clap :handclap:

Even if you got a dry handy from said stripper it'd be money well spent in comparison to paying to see this team live.

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
Ever since that game vs. Philly where Crombeen got knocked out, we've completely lost our edge in the physical department. I guess that's what happens when your "toughest" player goes down. Having Malone back might be a big boost despite his lacklustre play prior to getting injured.

and its pretty embarassing to say that crombeen is our toughest player :shakehead

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Gudas hits more guys in the pre game warmup that these guys do on the average night. Our 3rd and 4th lines and our 5 and 6 defensemen need to be mean and fearless. Croombeen hasn't hit anyone all year.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Tampa Bay is the home of the stick check. You'd think these guys are practicing to be wizards with how much they wave their sticks around. There's no toughness. When Conacher is the guy sticking up for your stars there is an absolutely enormous issue.

After a game like this? I don't know what you do. I will say that if they come out and lay down against Boston like they usually do, the season is just about over with the Pens and the Devils right behind them.

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
Can anyone speak about Boucher's post-game comments?

Well, i am glad that he FINALLY for once admitted that we sucked, and didnt give his usual " the guys played great, the other team just got lucky " speech

But i still think that unless he can pull this team out of this and start getting the team to start giving us wins, we need to look at other options for next season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad