GDT: 2/26/13 7P - A Joe B. Christmas - Cam and Joel? Jordan and Eric? Any relation?

SlappaDaBass

May 7, 2012
Listen guys, I'm probably hurt the most by Semin's move to Carolina - I still need to get another jersey :rant:

Halpysback*

Ovechkin said him and Semin were having dinner. If they're like any 2 Russians having dinner I know Semin is telling him about how much better Carolina is to him and Ovechkin hanging on to every word. He was happy in the KHL, and he doesn't appear all that happy here. I can't help but wonder if he's wondering about what playing for other less ****ed up organizations would be like at some level.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Ovechkin said him and Semin were having dinner. If they're like any 2 Russians having dinner I know Semin is telling him about how much better Carolina is to him and Ovechkin hanging on to every word. He was happy in the KHL, and he doesn't appear all that happy here. I can't help but wonder if he's wondering about what playing for other less ****ed up organizations would be like at some level.

Yeah, you're probably right with your insightfulness. BTW this quote is directly from K. Carrera's WAPO yesterday, it's Ovechkin talking about Oates. But of course you and some others here have all the answers.

“He’s that kind of person who give me belief all the time,†Ovechkin said. “Sometimes I have a bad game, I talk to him and he said ‘It’s okay. Chance is there. It’s going to come.’ For a player, if you feel that kind of trust from a coach, coaching staff, it’s very important. Teammates see it. I think right now everybody enjoy how we pay.â€

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006

People seemed to use Semin's lack of a long term contract against him. I remember George after inking him one year, said that both sides wanted a short term contract.

And from a players perspective and maybe a fans perspective, I like it. I don't want to commit high dollars for a decade very often. I want a GM with flexibility, and I want players to have incentive to do well, every year.

Semin may be far from perfect but our organization is not perfect as well. Its a two way street.

I get the sense George kind of rules with an iron fist. Good guy in the locker room may just mean you kiss George's arse. I am not sold that a player with a spine is a bad thing come playoff time. I don't speak from experience, but hear that nice guys finish last.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
You remember why Semin wanted a short term deal right? Because the Caps wouldn't pony up for the long term deal and both Semin and his agent hoped to parlay his play into that longterm deal eventually. Sadly that monster season never appeared again and here we are...

And there's NO DOUBT that the organization has issues too...

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am not sure with Ovi and Nick committed long term, that it was best for us to push all in on yet another ~ lifetime contract, even if George wanted to lock up Semin / he was number one fan boy.

Casey Weldon err.... Wellman recalled...

Maybe he can take Jay "3rd line or bust" Beagle's spot tonight.

dles

Jan 27, 2013
So...

Caps Culture with Semin

5 playoff appearances in 6 seasons, Presidents Trophy, 2 #1 seeds

Caps culture with Brouwer...

Year 1 - Limp dicking into the playoffs.
Year 2 - In the running for last place overall in the league.

Ya know boyz, we doing well all in all. Got that new content with submediocrity culture.

You could say the same **** if you replaced Semin with coaches. Stop picking numbers that support your cause. Most people forget why we wanted to get rid of Semin. No one questioned his ability or skill. It was the dumbass mistakes in the playoffs and poor production in the playoffs. Caps want to be a SC team not just one thats a perineal playoff losing team.

IkeaMonkey*

It was the dumbass mistakes in the playoffs and poor production in the playoffs.

57 Games 14 points

51 Games 34 points.

One of these is Brouwer's playoff production. The other is Semin's.

I'll let you guess which is which.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Jeremy Roenick @Jeremy_Roenick 2h
Just gotta say I liked Troy Brouwer before his Semin comments. But he jumps way up my popularity meter after his honest comments. Truthhurts
View details ·
:handclap:

IkeaMonkey*

One of these guys makes double the other and brings zero intangibles.

Well, given that the production is more than 2x better, I'd say only making double is a bargain!

And lol @ "intangibles". Buzzword of the century around here.

IkeaMonkey*

Jeremy Roenick @Jeremy_Roenick 2h
Just gotta say I liked Troy Brouwer before his Semin comments. But he jumps way up my popularity meter after his honest comments. Truthhurts
View details ·
:handclap:

I see we're applauding former player loud mouth jackasses. Any word from PJ Stock or Sean Avery, yet? Mike Milbury perhaps?

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
What kinds of intangibles does Brouwer bring? If anything his idiotic comments are going to piss off people like Ovi.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
IDK. My assessment of a good leader would be one that addresses the problem while it exists and not once it's gone if in fact there was a problem. And maybe Brouwer tried IDK but there is no indication one way or the other. How often did Brouwer even talk to Semin? Did he even try?

And many of the comments that are pro Brouwer (Roenick included) would make more sense if the Caps were positioned in the standings a little bit better or perhaps a lot better.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I've been waiting for this game. If we lose and it is due to Semin's play, I expect there will be an epic battle on this forum. Hell, I expect an epic battle just by losing. If anyone can haunt us with scoring, it will be Semin. I wouldn't have minded him one more year here after the Ribeiro trade, but all that is in the past. I'm expecting Ovechkin to have a monster game. Carolina is banged up and I can see some break aways.

Go Caps!

SlappaDaBass

May 7, 2012
I hope he puts up a -3 for Green.

Minds will be completely ****ing blown about how to assess the blame.

The only thing Semin is going to do tonight is lay down about 2 or 3 of his patented lazy hooks on us and wind up in the box for at least 4 minutes. Then we all can chime at once in a collective "classic semin".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad