GDT: 2/23/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
The general rule for defending a 2-on-1 is to cover the open man. Let the goalie cover the shot. Instead, Lee slid over to the shooter and left the other guy wide open for the easy tap in. Fundamental hockey.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Sorry Dan Ellis, (I like you still)

To the Lee haters:
Was that last goal against Lee's fault?
What should/could he have done there?

Good game Garon, for the most part

Glad we are playing like we want to win again, lets hope tomorrow is no different

That GA was MAB's for a ****** pass to Vinny that was a sure open net goal +
Lee's for not leaving the shooter to the goalie and removing the pass option entirely +
MAB for taking the wrong man in the backcheck +
Garon's for giving up a breadbasket rebound that should not have bounced off of him.

Lee has no upside still. MAB has one at least.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Sorry Dan Ellis, (I like you still)

To the Lee haters:
Was that last goal against Lee's fault?
What should/could he have done there?

Good game Garon, for the most part

Glad we are playing like we want to win again, lets hope tomorrow is no different

I'm not a Lee hater and don't think that goal was his fault; the perpetrator was further up the ice in MAB and his intercepted pass. Lee should have played the 2 on 1 a little more to the middle though, and as soon as he saw the man shooting, taken LaRose on the rebound.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Winner of the obligatory blame Lee for every goal post.

I'm not purely blaming Lee, but thanks for the sarcastic comment. If you read some other posts I've done in other threads you'd see I'm not a pure Lee hater. But, Lee did play that wrong. Sure, MAB and Vinny coughed it up in the O-zone but Lee played the 2-on-1 extremely poorly and no one can deny that.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Anyone ever think that maybe Lee saw Bergeron coming back and was expecting him to pick up LaRose? It was a bad rebound either way.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Anyone ever think that maybe Lee saw Bergeron coming back and was expecting him to pick up LaRose? It was a bad rebound either way.

MAB was going straight for Sanguinetti, don't think that was it. Whether MAB should have gone for LaRose is a different matter altogether. Goal was not Lee's fault, though he could have played the 2 on 1 better.

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
I enjoyed watching this game. Good effort and great performance from everyone I think. More of the same, please, I hope to see!

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
St. Louis' best game by far. Pouliot and Lecavalier played well too, Vinny needs to move his feet a little more, though.

Killorn, Pyatt, Panik, Thompson and Hall all played great today. Great first goal from Panik, and dirty pass from Killorn.

Purcell needs to watch how Pyatt and Conacher play on the boards. Fearless.

Can't forget Garon, amazing game.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
That GA was MAB's for a ****** pass to Vinny that was a sure open net goal +
Lee's for not leaving the shooter to the goalie and removing the pass option entirely +
MAB for taking the wrong man in the backcheck +
Garon's for giving up a breadbasket rebound that should not have bounced off of him.

Lee has no upside still. MAB has one at least.

A 6'3 210lb good skating, good vision, fairly physical defender has no upside?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

Well, considering MAB was backchecking on the side of the shooter from his outside, you'd think Lee would go over to the open man since he is the only one who could get there in time. Also a pretty bad rebound by Garon, should have redirected somewhere other than the slot.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008

I really don't understand all the hate on Lee. It was warranted earlier in the year and he makes mistakes every now and then, but by no means has he been as bad as some people seem to think.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
MAB was going straight for Sanguinetti, don't think that was it. Whether MAB should have gone for LaRose is a different matter altogether. Goal was not Lee's fault, though he could have played the 2 on 1 better.

Understandable, you just don't want to completly abandon the shooter, they are too good at this level.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Great goal by Panik, great assists by Killorn and Conacher. Great to see the kids playing so well. Now will someone wake up Purcell !!!!

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Is Aulie sick or injured?? Just heard before the las two gamesthat he was sick. But nothing today

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
WTF is this ****? Can't watch goal replays on the NHL.com boxscore? Have to sign up for Gamecenter?

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
WTF is this ****? Can't watch goal replays on the NHL.com boxscore? Have to sign up for Gamecenter?

They need some time to make the highlights, so should come up later

Stamkos is now the leader in points AND in goals (because he has a game in hand to the rest with 12 goals) AND St. Louis is leading the assists category alone now.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Very impressed with how MSL played tonight. Worked on every shift, shooting, setting people up, getting in for rebounds. We need him to play like this every night.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate

Everything you said would be an upside if you ever got to see it all work together or even in flashes. Last year he put together a couple games where you noticed his physicality. Yet to see it on anywhere near a semi-consistent basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad