GDT: 2/17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He's always been my one of my favorites, he didn't get a ton of exposure at times because he played in SJ, but he's been clutch as hell for the Sharks at times and hope he can do the same for the leafs.
He's been great for us this season. Couldn't be happier with him really

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Huh? Hainsey has been nothing but good for the Leafs all year long lol.

He looks really bad in the games I have seen but I certainly haven't watched them. But maybe I only catch his bad games.

I have seen him sucking wind playing the majority of the PK at times and you can see it create chances because he can't get there to stop plays.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He looks really bad in the games I have seen but I certainly haven't watched them. But maybe I only catch his bad games.

I have seen him sucking wind playing the majority of the PK at times and you can see it create chances because he can't get there to stop plays.
We have a top 5 pk in the league and he plays by far the most minutes. I think he knows what he's doing

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

I mean he isn't having his strongest game tonight and he tends to get left out for almost entire penalty kills as he is our most reliable defensemen. I don't think it is a coincidence that Rielly has had the best season of his career paired with him and then to add to that when Rielly got hurt and Gardiner slotted in beside Hainsey and suddenly looks like a dominate player again.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I mean he isn't having his strongest game tonight and he tends to get left out for almost entire penalty kills as he is our most reliable defensemen. I don't think it is a coincidence that Rielly has had the best season of his career paired with him and then to add to that when Rielly got hurt and Gardiner slotted in beside Hainsey and suddenly looks like a dominate player again.

Fair enough, i know Leaf fans seem to really like him.

I thought he was overplayed and overrated in Pittsburgh too so could be me really not liking the player at all but every time I watch the Leafs he seems to be struggling and often it seems like it is because he is out for too long/much.

But as a poster above pointed out it seems to be working so I guess they should carry on with it.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Marleau truly is the Gartner of his generation. Dude just keeps putting the puck in the net.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Oh I mentioned Polak.

I know Babcock has an obsession with "steady, veteran" players but his love of Polak is baffling even for him.
I agree. He gets the easiest competition of all our defensemen and he's the only one who gets outscored at 5v5 last I checked. Just a real ugly player

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I agree. He gets the easiest competition of all our defensemen and he's the only one who gets outscored at 5v5 last I checked. Just a real ugly player

What I don't get is that with Dermott and Carrick it seems like you have two clear cut better guys that are better options now and could really use the development time in these games.

I could kind of understand it if they were deciding between Polak and Corrado or even Polak and Borgman but they have decent options to play instead.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Tampa is so mediocre lately. Really disappointing when they're all healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad