Post-Game Talk: 2/14/18 | Panthers 4 @ Canucks 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
I don't think he has the power or authority to do that. :sarcasm:

Speaking of more Erikssons and UFA blunders... did you catch the part in the media scrum today where Linden was praising the leadership skills of Del Zotto and Gagner? Singled them both out in one sentence... it was such obvious damage control.

It's nice to have an eye to spot real gud locker room dudes... but they also have to be able to play hockey.
Yeah i caught that,,Trev has made me go from a fan of his,,to acctually really disliking him big time.Im just at a loss for words with this team.Like i said before last years draft and Brock Boeser saved Bennings ass from being fired.

Reactions: Eddy Punch Clock

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I quoted his post. Maybe I misread what he meant? I certainly didn't have any intent like you are trying to imply. You know, if you thought something a long the lines like that why not nip it in the bud back then? I never meant it to become a huge argument. I question why this became YOUR hot bed issue.

You question why a statement you made, that attempted to derail the thread, became my "hot bed" issue? Think about that again.

You clearly misread his statement. You came up with your own off topic statement, had multiple posters criticize your new statement (not just me), had me try to explain that criticism to you without "nipping it in the bud" (I don't think you would have wanted that...), and now you're still confused as to why it's an issue? Hmmm....

Anyways, this has been addressed. If you still need clarification, PM me.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
It has been documented numerous times that Brackett and the scout from the Minnesota region were pushing hard for Boeser prior to the 2015 draft.

Regarding Virtanen that would be on the entire staff. Brackett included.

As for Juolevi well Benning was gushing as early as the world juniors. He compared him to Nik Lidstrom for christs sake!! Guy was showing the entire NHL his cards, kept mentioning his name and well wasn't exactly a shock when he was taken over Tkchuck in 2016. Clearly was a Benning favorite.

He also telecast the teams intention to pick Pettersson at the 2017 draft. He pointed him out in the stands and repeated his name over and over with GMs standing within an arms reach away. Reason McPhee pulled out of deal to swap the 5th and 6th picks.

Benning is a simpleton and will therefore be blamed for mistakes more often than not.

If Benning gets blamed for the Virtanen and Juolevi picks he should get credit for the Boeser, Gaudette, Peterson, Demko picks. It’s funny when he gets all the blame for the bad picks and none of the credit for the good ones

Are you basing your whole argument of Benning “telecasting” the Pettersson pick based on that YouTube video at the draft? :laugh:

He points him out once for a second. He’s not going around and yelling his name

Reactions: VancouverJagger

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
If Benning gets blamed for the Virtanen and Juolevi picks he should get credit for the Boeser, Gaudette, Peterson, Demko picks. It’s funny when he gets all the blame for the bad picks and none of the credit for the good ones

Yeah - this is one of the main issues I have with the Benning bashers. They have no ability to be objective - which in turn completely quashes any credibility that they would like to think they have. If you are going to blame him for certain things then you have to give him credit where credit is due - and for the most part they are ALL utterly incapable of doing so. So how can anyone take them seriously if they can't at least attempt to see things through an objective lens?

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
The credit for boeser et al. goes to the entire amateur scouting staff. The blame for juolevi and virtanen also falls on the entire amateur scouting staff.

Benning has proven to be a terrible evaluator of pro level talent. The weird notion that benning is so terrible at assessing pro talent and on the other hand be this magical amateur scouting savant makes 0 sense to anyone with a shred of logical thought.

Fact: multiple people are responsible for the amatuer scouting deparment.

It's pretty much the height of stupidity to give benning full credit for a couple of good prospects which he only played a minor role in acquiring and that being the sole reason for extending him while ignoring all the other aspects of being a general manager that he is terrible at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad