Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
OK find one. A player standing still, the referee taking him at 90-degree angle at speed.

Well that proves it !

I thought it was funny because ref clearly took him out, you see diving and ref/ Bettman/Jacobs conspiracy :D
I don't think conspiracy, just Marchand being Marchand, but maybe you're right. ;)

Let's enjoy a Leafs win and hope it's not the last one for the season.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
In fairness to Brad, I would kill for one of our players to have this type of swagger. For starters, this was game 3, and a big moment in the series for the Bruins. I also think he was very strategic with where he said "its over in 5" as he was flying by the Leafs bench. A message was clearly sent to the Leafs bench that he was not going to back down.

Was it a bit premature? potentially. But I'll be real, as a hockey fan I f***ing love it. If they end choking a 3-1 series lead, this will obviously be a bigger headline than it probably deserves to be, but at the time in the series I personally love that gamesmanship and moxie.

Say what you will about Brad as a player or a person. The guy is undisputedly a rat/weasel, but if our star players had even a 1/3rd of his confidence and swagger I am sure we wouldn't be talking about 8 years of playoff suffering.
He's the kind of player you hate on the other team but would be a legend on yours. Tucker was a total rat. Dougie was dirty AF, can't tell you how many times I saw him stick someone in the nuts.

I hate playing vs Marchand but the way he walks the line between being a good hockey player and an infuriating dick is masterful

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He's the kind of player you hate on the other team but would be a legend on yours. Tucker was a total rat. Dougie was dirty AF, can't tell you how many times I saw him stick someone in the nuts.

I hate playing vs Marchand but the way he walks the line between being a good hockey player and an infuriating dick is masterful
neither Tucker nor Gilmour were divers. I wouldn't want any Leaf to play like that.

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
He didn't even look at the net, so he didn't know
It is actually a weakness of Domi. He likes to assist more than scoring. Any other player they would have shot that. Too unselfish. Other weakness is his stupid penalties.

Keefe deserves some credit seeing his talent and allowing him to play to his strengths. That did not happen with Torts and Julian.

And to think they are paying him 3 million!

Reactions: torontoblood

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
They played very well but it was infuriating to see Domi not even attempt or look at the net on a clear 2 on 1 chance... TWICE, and Marner had a full lane to drive the net a bit and take a shot almost uncontested, he dipsy doodled towards 2 Bruins instead and nothing came out of it. I get that they are passers but this team needs better decisions in those instances. If the opposing defender gives you the shot, you take it or at least try to deke a bit... anything. Swayman is clearly in their heads a bit.
The Domi two on one was especially bad. Not even one glance Swaymans way.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I don't know. I think we try Matthews and Nylander. The Bert-Domi-Marner line actually looked great. Matthews-Nylander and JT- Knies might be the play here.
I like it.

Bert-Domi-Marner lack a shooting threat, but with Bert living the paint it can work
Knies-JT-Jarncrok isn't going to play a clean game in transition, but will just play good functional playoff hockey

The problem is with McMann out I don't like anyone for playing the left with Matthews and Nylander.

Edit- Holmberg would be ok.
Holmberg-Matthews-Nylander
Bert-Domi-Marner
Knies-Tavares-Jarncrok

Last edited:

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
You know Quasimodo predicted this all , Tony?

Screenshot_2024-05-01-09-48-18~2.png

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Privledge? They're hockey players. Go watch a mugging at a homeless encampment if the privledge ruffles you.
Wtf this, homeless encampment poop. Mitchy is privileged as are most players.
Homeless encampment are a political, economic, and suffering issue. None of which Mitchy in his Yukon and Muskoka water skis outfit would know anything about. You need to change the flavor of kool-aid. Your ranting to great Leaf fans is getting old.

• Wow
Reactions: therealkoho

Zack47

Oct 21, 2017
Calm down people. This is just the historical script. As someone on here said the other day "it's just the leafy thing to do". Win the next one, and then game 7 -- you know what happens then....

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Wooohooooo!

Woll was fantastic! And JT driving the net worked wonders. TRAFFIC TO THE NET, PUCK TO THE NET! Repeat it a million times.

Domi killing it on the draw was a nice surprise.
Domi needs to shoot the damn puck too. Too often he tries to pass the puck where NO passing lane exists.

That 2 on 1 with Bertuzzi was an example of this.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
In fairness to Brad, I would kill for one of our players to have this type of swagger. For starters, this was game 3, and a big moment in the series for the Bruins. I also think he was very strategic with where he said "its over in 5" as he was flying by the Leafs bench. A message was clearly sent to the Leafs bench that he was not going to back down.

Was it a bit premature? potentially. But I'll be real, as a hockey fan I f***ing love it. If they end choking a 3-1 series lead, this will obviously be a bigger headline than it probably deserves to be, but at the time in the series I personally love that gamesmanship and moxie.

Say what you will about Brad as a player or a person. The guy is undisputedly a rat/weasel, but if our star players had even a 1/3rd of his confidence and swagger I am sure we wouldn't be talking about 8 years of playoff suffering.
Definitionally premature.

As for swagger, etc...Sure. I wish our guys had the confidence their ability demands in the way Marchand seems confident in his ability.

Especially Marner. Especially Marner pre-big bucks. Can I say this one more time? ESPECIALLY MARNER.

What Marchand seems to have is a great discomfort with apathy.

His other antics, perhaps a function of a long process of maturity are elite level repulsive as I'm sure Ryan Callahan would agree.

Who knows, perhaps the turnaround in the culture will come from the unlikeliest of sources. Where our now veteran leadership seemingly blocked by a reflex for want of comfort, will be transformed by the efforts of our emerging leadership in Woll and Knies, etc...

Nature abhors a vacuum. And what we need are players who see apathy and are repulsed by it as equally as we should be repulsed by Marchand's brand of swagger.

But yeah, I get your point: We need players who prefer the storm to the calm.

Reactions: Twine Tickler

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018

Hoping Marchand burned himself here

Ref went to touch him and Marchand dived thinking it was a Leaf. The ref knows it was a dive too. I hope they'll remember that the next game he goes down easily.

The look of fear in his eyes is unbelievable.

Reactions: Kurtz

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Hopefully we can solve our problems at home.

You can’t have such little presence in your own arena that teams come in and dictate so easily. I know we just handled Boston in theirs but we seem much worse at home.

I hope Matthews is able to get in tomorrow but I’m doubtful we see him again this series
Perhaps the ticket holders could donate them to Boston fans for Game 6 at the SBA?

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Watching Keefe's presser really pisses me off - still going on about how good Samsonov is.

This series might be tied if he was smart enough to put woll in game after game 1 or game 3.

Reactions: Blanka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad