Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
im happy theres another game, but i didnt see some dominating performance after the 1st, we were a crossbar away from losing while scoring 1 goal again. i really hope we can pull it out, but playing at home is where the coach has to win HIS matchup, on top of probably having the worst post season PP/PK combo in modern NHL history and stars who struggle to make sort of consistent positive impact game to game. im not super confident still lol. im just glad we didnt go out like bitches lol.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Boosh and Joel are both playing for the Leafs, playing physically and fairly well. This means that they're about to get rich.
I suppose we should be resigned to losing both as UFAs then? Moving on...

Reactions: arso40

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
im happy theres another game, but i didnt see some dominating performance after the 1st, we were a crossbar away from losing while scoring 1 goal again. i really hope we can pull it out, but playing at home is where the coach has to win HIS matchup, on top of probably having the worst post season PP/PK combo in modern NHL history. so im not very confident still lol.
I thought the 1st and 2nd were good, 3rd was eh. As a whole I think we deserved the game more though.

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
Should have went to Woll sooner

Boston is ready to collapse again. No Matthews and they choke at home.

Go leafs go!

If they want to win, the Leafs must keep woll in net for the rest of the series.

Bruins will choke just like last year!

Last year, in their first round series between Florida and Boston:

The Bruins won games 1-3-4
The Panthers won games 2-5-6-7

Alex Lyon was the starting goaltender in the first four games of that series. The Panthers were down 1-3 with him in net and Paul Maurice decided to go with Sergei Bobrovsky for game 5. They won game 5 in overtime. They eventually came back and won the series in 7 games.

So far this year:

Bruins won game 1-3-4
Leafs won game 2 and game 5

Ilya Samsonov was the starting goaltender in the first four games and had a 1-3 record. Sheldon Keefe decided to go with Joseph Woll for game 5. Woll played well under pressure and won game 5. He played with poise and made many clutch saves tonight.

Will the Maple Leafs complete the comeback, force a Game 7 and finally eliminate the Bruins?

hopefully the scenario repeats itself

Let’s get both games 6/7

Let’s go leafs!!!!!

Last edited:

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I suppose we should be resigned to losing both as UFAs then? Moving on...

I wouldn't say that, Bush seems to really like it here. He'll just have offers and won't settle for say Benoit money.

Reactions: Buds17

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
naw he's right... scroll on over to the boston board as well; he was putrid
Talk to any Bruins fan you know. They will all say the same thing about Pastrnak. He will be just as invisible in games 6 and 7 because he tends to dry up even more when the intensity of games elevates.

Speaking of Boston fans, for everyone who thinks they have a coaching advantage, go ask Boston fans what they think of Monty. He is repeating many of the same mistakes he made last year, and once again it will cost him a series. Maybe he ends up keeping his job after this, but Boston would be wise to let him go.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Still have to win a game at home too.
to me, thats where the coach comes in. hes consistently failed miserably at taking the advantage hes given at home. but thats for thursday i suppose. i just want to watch good hockey, not whatever game 4 was lol

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I wouldn't say that, Bush seems to really like it here. He'll just have offers and won't settle for say Benoit money.
No doubt about that. I was contemplating if Lyubushkin being fairly well travelled recently might make him a bit more amenable to extending his stay here as part of his second stint with the team? I'm obviously hoping that Toronto being the extent of his playoff experience thus far can play somewhat of a role too (playoff also-rans seem to be driving up his cost).

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
Is Boston looking a little beat up out there? Pasta looked banged up. Carlo didn't come out for OT apparently.

Maybe that goof Marchand wanted Bruins in 5 because they wouldn't be able to last longer than that?

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I enjoy watching Bertuzzi, Domi, and Knies.

Those guys put it all on the line.

Pressure now firmly on Boston.

Can we please leave Keefe in Boston?

LeafsBlowByYou

Apr 23, 2024
Hogtown
One game at a time boys. Thats the mantra.

Big balls Woll, what a game. He was so calm he could've built a Lego set in his crease.

Thursday. Get at 'er again! Do or die.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
Hopefully Matthews is good to go game six.

Knies - Matthews - Nylander
Bertuzzi - Domi - Marner
Robertson - Tavares - Jarnkrok
Dewar - Kampf - Gregor

Reactions: arso40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad