Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Marner - got to hand it to him. Played well today.

Domi also elevated.

JT probides a fearless drive to the net.

Knies all over the ice

Woll stands tall.

WE GO AGAIN!

They played very well but it was infuriating to see Domi not even attempt or look at the net on a clear 2 on 1 chance... TWICE, and Marner had a full lane to drive the net a bit and take a shot almost uncontested, he dipsy doodled towards 2 Bruins instead and nothing came out of it. I get that they are passers but this team needs better decisions in those instances. If the opposing defender gives you the shot, you take it or at least try to deke a bit... anything. Swayman is clearly in their heads a bit.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Keefe: Line matching? I ain't line matching! We're going to run 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 no matter what!
Seemed like he handled the bench well tonight. The makeshift Marner line was good, double shifted to get the first goal, managed the fourth line well when Reavo started struggling to protect him, spotted Jarn in well for defensive shifts.

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
It is.
Reaves did his part beginning of the series

RIght now offense is severely. needed. Even if they start to rough things up

Gregor speed can be useful
Ya, it's not like Maroon has any resemblance of being useful. Guy can hardly keep up in the game. I think we'd be fine without Reaves next game and I'm a fan of having Reaves on our team.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Was in the car listening to Bowens call on the radio in OT. I can't remember the past time I screamed so loud. Wish we had him on TV.

Domi had a beast of a game today.

I was stuck in traffic on the 401 in 1992 when Alomar hit the homerun off Eckersley to finally get the Jays over the hump in the ALCS. Sometimes radio is even better than TV, Everyone around me was cheering, honking. It was like a rolling street party.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Losing in OT after getting the series to game 7 is the Leafiest possible outcome...prepare yourselves accordingly.
Triple overtime after missing a 2 on 1 while on a 5 on 3 PP against the College Goalie in waiting in case the Bruins goalies are injured. The shot goes wide, whips around the boards to a Bruin player who scores a SH goal on a breakaway after fanning on the puck.

That's how this series most likely ends.

Reactions: seventieslord

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
The main reason the Leafs won is that there was no pressure. The media had them written off, as did much of the fan base. I'm not sure I've seen a team's eulogy written before elimination quite like theirs was tonight. They had a nothing to lose mindset and played reasonably hard but relaxed.

Now there's going to be pressure again. There will be pressure to end the home playoff losing streak. If Matthews plays, there will be that much more pressure. That's what sucks. I mean, some teams can handle it or thrive on it... but we all know it affects this team adversely.

I basically resigned to the fact that BOS was going to win this thing after game four, but I love trolling Boston. I say outplay and beat them again on Thursday even if defeat is inevitable in the end. Wear them down. Make them work for it. Make them sweat and fear blowing it.

Seriously, BOS should have this thing wrapped up by now. I keep seeing they're not really that good. Imagine if Marchand had missed the first three games and then Pasta had gotten severely ill but TOR failed to finish the job promptly and was outshot in four of the first five games. We'd never hear the end of it. I'm hard on the Leafs when they deserve it. I feel I have the right to poke fun at a team I don't even like. I get the feeling that people pump this team up and gloss over its failures and shortcomings too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad