Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
let's be honest though - this team somehow plays better when a key player is injured. It's the most Leafs thing because it makes no sense. At least without Rielly their record without him is 22-4-1
It is for sure a thing. I don't understand it, but of the guys who played tonight can play the exact same, and add Matthews even at 70%, you'd think we'd be better... right?

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Turns out you can win a game with 2 goals this series

You just need a real goalie in net

Reactions: Blanka

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Another note, the "kids" are given prominent roles and I am here for it.

You can see them struggling a bit, but eventually the Leafs had to incorporate cheap talent in their plans and lineups.

Can't rely on UFAs with limited cap space

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
If there was any way whatsoever the Leafs could put 4 or 5 past Swayman and win in Thursday, that would make for a hell of a decision who to start.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
They looked better wo Matthews. :sarcasm:
Yes, because they stop relying on his contribution to save them. It happens often when top scorers go down in a series. Everyone else says "well, we can't be too reckless, it has to be an honest, grinding effort".

Leafs played as they can and should. The problem is, if there is a game 7 it will be on a Saturday. The crowd in Boston will be much more alive then. If Leafs get there...

Reactions: SprDaVE

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Turns out you can win a game with 2 goals this series

You just need a real goalie in net

That's not gonna be a good way to muster 2 more wins though. Woll was terrific, outside of the first goal I guess, but the Leafs were very fortunate on a lot of bounces around their own. Boston as well to be fair, but Boston isn't going to miss that many more times... Leafs on the other hand... uhhh... their track record so far is not good.

Reactions: leafsfan5

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Another note, the "kids" are given prominent roles and I am here for it.

You can see them struggling a bit, but eventually the Leafs had to incorporate cheap talent in their plans and lineups.

Can't rely on UFAs with limited cap space
I thought Holmberg and Knies specifically were excellent tonight. Holmy going toe to toe with Marchand. I think that kind of role suits him... Knies was excellent.. couple small mistakes, but played a big mans game down low and showed his strength.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
If Pastrnak were a Leaf and playing the way he has, he'd be absolutely roasted. And rightfully so. He's been damn near invisible.
Started an argument with my old man about this. He was talking about how "Marchand and Pastrnak have shown up and no one on the Leafs has" and I told him that Pastrnak has actually not been very good and only had 4 points, mostly PP points. And he said that "Pastrnak has 6 points and is dominating". Huh?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad