3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I think KK just needs to trust himself more. The kid, and let’s remember that he’s only 19, is a man child. We talk about Miller not close to being physically mature yet, and he’s older than Kakko. Sometimes things just need time. Again, for reference look at Barkov’s first few years. Or Thornton’s
Absolutely, and I know egotistical can sound rather harsh, but I didnt say it to be mean. Its just that he HAS dominated everywhere, and probably still has that mindset. Thats where what Ola's post was spot on when he said he needs to get dirty and be a Panarin to Kane for the time being. He will become a better player/teammate for it.
Had to laugh at Panarin/Buch presser when Panarin said in camp......"learn to pass to me!".

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Man, that felt nice and cleansing.

Buch has come a long way. Man it’s fun to watch him these days. His all-around game is just so much better right now.

Zibanejad can turn nothing into something so quickly. He’s filthy dangerous.

Howden just continues to impress me thus far. He’s playing with decisiveness and aggressiveness and that’s giving him that extra edge he needs to play the type of role he was designed for.

Don’t underestimate Kakko’s competitiveness - whether it’s with Hughes from his draft class, or Lafreniere on the Rangers. He kept his legs moving tonight, got rewarded with a goal and this is exactly what he needs to do to be successful.

I love Lindgren. Dude always looks like he’s been through a war. He always looks surly and I never have any doubts about his will to battle and win.

Miller came in with the mindset that he belongs. He didn’t show them too much respect and it showed tonight. Wonderful to see.

If Kreider keeps playing like this on PK, I don’t ever want him coming off.

Strome is playing like he needs to visit a proctologist to find his head.

With the scoring wings we have Kreider’s gonna need to earn his keep on the PK going forward, so that’s a good sign.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I can never decide how I feel about her. I want to like her stuff but I always just feel like she's dumping a list of numbers, heavy on charts from Dom and light on insight/context. It's not just that I'm averse to stats; I really like the stuff Dom puts out (not even gonna try to spell his last name). Maybe I'm just biased by that first impression but that feeling nags at me whenever I read her articles.

Agreed, she needs a little more storytelling or narrative to her writing. But she’s good, I like her.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I can never decide how I feel about her. I want to like her stuff but I always just feel like she's dumping a list of numbers, heavy on charts from Dom and light on insight/context. It's not just that I'm averse to stats; I really like the stuff Dom puts out (not even gonna try to spell his last name). Maybe I'm just biased by that first impression but that feeling nags at me whenever I read her articles.

Neither of them are any good. Vince is the only good Rangers reporter.

Reactions: Ail

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
i see no path forward that allows us to keep buchy. With lafreniere here and the signing of kreider and with kakko and very soon kravtsov needing more mins it just is not possible to sign a winger to big money. Going to be very tough losing him but here’s a situation where we really can’t keep a player we would really like to keep.
Unless Krav gets traded for Center help.

Reactions: WAIVE BRODZINSKI

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
We shit on Joe, but watching the Islanders feed Butch said "I still think if they play their A game they'll win this hockey game". At least Joe doesn't openly root for the Rangers.

Sam and Joe are just about the best pair out there. Mistakes are one thing but Sam is exciting! That counts. Most other hockey announcers are boring AF.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Sam and Joe are just about the best pair out there. Mistakes are one thing but Sam is exciting! That counts. Most other hockey announcers are boring AF.
You're right even if we joke about them sometimes. Age is a factor Sam is gonna make mistakes but still enjoy listening to him.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

The one thing that irks me about Joe is that every coaches challenge and timeout are “This is a good x” and he says it the exact same way every time.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
The one thing that hurts about this game aside from the world just being straight up dog shit:

Not hearing or being there for:

"SOOOOORRROOOOOOKKIIIINNN!!"

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Butch made a good point (at the time). In theory that should have made his job easier.

That expert analysis as always.

I think a game like that for your first NHL game after being touted around everywhere... Not great for the confidence. Corey probably would have played better, again it makes me feel insane talking about the 'merits' of Corey Schneider, almost as big of a bust as ol' DiPietro.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
The Rangers are gonna be in cap hell.

As long as you keep drafting well you can avoid that. There will be tough decisions on Zibanejad and Buch fairly soon, maybe one in net too but if you back fill by continuing to draft good young cheap players then you can navigate the cap by moving pricier players out and replacing them with 22 year olds.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
We shit on Joe, but watching the Islanders feed Butch said "I still think if they play their A game they'll win this hockey game". At least Joe doesn't openly root for the Rangers.

Funny you should say that... Cause this game Joe had a laughable moment talking about how Lindgren "isn't that kind of player". Talking about going down easily after the Lee penalty.

Then they show the replay... And that's exactly what happened.. a little tap from Lee and Lindgren jumps and falls... And Joe was just kind of quiet after seeing it... Hopefully play started again asap.

I literally lol'ed.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
When did Fox struggle on the pp? He was creative and kept the play alive multiple times when it should have been cleared. He was the best part of that pp last night.

He struggled a bit last season when he was given the opportunity (can't remember exactly what circumstances lead to it but ADA might've been injured)

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Never too early to be scoreboard watching.

Watching Pitt/Wash and the LAST THING we want as Rangers fans is a 3pt. game.

Getting a high daft choice/lottery, if you dont make PO's is NOT an option in my eyes this year. We have enough here and many coming soon. I want this team to make the PO's, regardless that we may be a one and done......or climbing up the ladder by at least winning one round.

PO experience is PRICELESS.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The Rangers are gonna be in cap hell.
If I had ANY say in the matter, I would seriously be "listening" to offers for Trouba. That contract is ridiculous (and knew it at the signing) and would be a burden. He is a decent player and "may be" a helluva lot better with a decent partner BUT is NOT worth that contract. Listen, listen and listen some more.
Obviously they wont do anything for at least 3 years, but whatever. What is done canmot be undone. Not yet anyway.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
He struggled a bit last season when he was given the opportunity (can't remember exactly what circumstances lead to it but ADA might've been injured)

He did, but that was last year, and he's clearly been working on it.

He wasn't mobile enough last year though we saw no signs of that last night. Once that PP has played together for 10 games (if they play together for 10 games), Fox's creativity will be a boon for the highly skilled players; whereas I see DeAngelo excelling on the 2nd PP, where the less skilled players can set their minds to banging in his rebounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad