Post-Game Talk: #2 - 01/16/21 | islanders @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think KK just needs to trust himself more. The kid, and let’s remember that he’s only 19, is a man child. We talk about Miller not close to being physically mature yet, and he’s older than Kakko. Sometimes things just need time. Again, for reference look at Barkov’s first few years. Or Thornton’s
I need to have this reminder every so often. The guy is still growing in every way. Not many players are assembled in the the box, like Lafreniere.

Reactions: Rongomania

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
I think the lineup should remain the same for Tuesday. The lineup from top to bottom played a good game and they should all be rewarded by being able to play again including Georgiev.

I think that approach keeps players hungry to be on their toes and bring it every game

I see no reason to insert Deangelo and shesty just because.. am I wrong?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I really don’t see a path. You spent big money on panarin and kreids and drafted 1 2 lafreniere and kakko.

That’s 4 right there

you’ve got kids you like in kravtsov Barron pajuniemi is another.

you have a superstar center needing a new contract in 2 seasons.

I’m not saying I don’t like buch but you just cannot spend money on another top 6 winger. Just can’t.

Reactions: mas0764

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
With the scoring wings we have Kreider’s gonna need to earn his keep on the PK going forward, so that’s a good sign.
This is one reason I feel the Kreider contract will age ok. He’s going to find ways to make himself useful. I’m not really sold on the contract considering what we might have gotten for him at the trade deadline as well as all the other deals the Rangers need to budget-in. But Kreider is certainly a good guy for us.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Funny you should say that... Cause this game Joe had a laughable moment talking about how Lindgren "isn't that kind of player". Talking about going down easily after the Lee penalty.

Then they show the replay... And that's exactly what happened.. a little tap from Lee and Lindgren jumps and falls... And Joe was just kind of quiet after seeing it... Hopefully play started again asap.

I literally lol'ed.
Yep. That was a dive for sure. But of course, Lee can’t put his stick on the guys skate either.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think the lineup should remain the same for Tuesday. The lineup from top to bottom played a good game and they should all be rewarded by being able to play again including Georgiev.

I think that approach keeps players hungry to be on their toes and bring it every game

Totally agree on Georgiev. As for ADA I think it can go either way. I would prefer he gets to come back in, for JJ or play 7 D if any of the forwards are banged up. But I’d be fine with them keeping the same lineup.

Reactions: Jim Ramsay

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
You’re gonna need ADA this year. I would think getting him into the flow the quicker the better.

I can buy that benching him for a dumb play/dumb penalty helped wake the team up, way before I can buy that JJ or Smith deserve spots over him cause we won.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England

You're not wrong. Not at all. Why the holy f*** would you not want to reward the players for one of the most dominant performances in a long time?

Reactions: Jim Ramsay

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
There has been a ton of special teams time. I wouldn’t hold it against Quinn were he staying a little conservative with his special teams right at the start of the season.
Yes, there "should be" a lot of switching things up. Playing each team 8x, well.....u dont wanna show ALL your cards too early, and dont allow opposing teams to be to fixed on what we are going to do and who we will play.

Reactions: egelband

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I think Smith vs. JJ becomes a storyline soon, assuming Miller keeps improving. And frankly, based on the appearance that Miller is defaulting to conservative, safe play, I can’t see him coming out of the lineup soon. Aside for a rest, since it’s a tight sked, especially compared to the college sked.

Good point, and since you brought up "college", This year should be great for all NHL college kids, where a 56 game schedule should be better for them and maybe not hit that preverbial "wall".

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
what's with this schedule anyways, I was told i'd get non stop hockey yet no game until tuesday, then off till friday, and then not even a back to back we have to wait until sunday for the one after that???

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
what's with this schedule anyways, I was told i'd get non stop hockey yet no game until tuesday, then off till friday, and then not even a back to back we have to wait until sunday for the one after that???
There is hockey every day. Not Rangers hockey every day.

The rate of games is similar to a normal 82 game schedule, I believe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad