1st Round Montage/2nd Round Hype Video

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Awesome work. Like the memories of our first go round with the Rags.

What video making program do you use?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Loved the video.

As for the music - I don't get pumped up with that tune.

I don't have any idea how to do the video, but could you try it with this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SQNNLe6WPA

I'm gonna pick on you only because you're the most recent poster to make a comment like this, but rest assured that the same comment applies to everyone last page who said 'Good effort' or the like –

Creative endeavours are not easy. Constructive criticism goes a long way toward improving product, but keep in mind the amount of effort and energy that goes into creating something like this. It's not just picking and replacing a song. It's finding clips that go well with the music, editing them appropriately, transitioning between clips in a non-awkward way, finding a cool look or atmosphere to give the imagery that extra punch, creating a mood...

Anyone can take video clips, slap them together and put music over top of it. To do something like this takes a bit more effort than that. And to suggest just 'replacing the song' is nowhere near as simple as you might think. But I'd invite you to give it a try – since it's you who wants it, why not try your hand at it? At best, you'll learn a lot about the minutiae that goes into this kind of editing and you'll have a new final product you can be proud that you made. At worst, you'll be no further ahead but you'll have a better understanding of how tricky this kind of video can be.

Keep doing your thing, Deku. This video was damn solid.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
I'm gonna pick on you only because you're the most recent poster to make a comment like this, but rest assured that the same comment applies to everyone last page who said 'Good effort' or the like –

Creative endeavours are not easy. Constructive criticism goes a long way toward improving product, but keep in mind the amount of effort and energy that goes into creating something like this. It's not just picking and replacing a song. It's finding clips that go well with the music, editing them appropriately, transitioning between clips in a non-awkward way, finding a cool look or atmosphere to give the imagery that extra punch, creating a mood...

Anyone can take video clips, slap them together and put music over top of it. To do something like this takes a bit more effort than that. And to suggest just 'replacing the song' is nowhere near as simple as you might think. But I'd invite you to give it a try – since it's you who wants it, why not try your hand at it? At best, you'll learn a lot about the minutiae that goes into this kind of editing and you'll have a new final product you can be proud that you made. At worst, you'll be no further ahead but you'll have a better understanding of how tricky this kind of video can be.

That's perfectly fine. I can only imagine how hard it must be to do these videos.

I'll need some tips - how do you get the clips? Do you just pull them from youtubes? Can you use Imovie to do them?

My experience is at creating commercials for soccer, and what I did is come up with ideas - and have others implement them. Those who can do, those who can't - coach :)

Of course finding a song that appeals to the masses is near impossible, and I'm sure if I did one using the Kasabian song, there would be others who make the same comments about the music - but no one can complain about the actual video. That was a beautiful montage.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
I got I got I got ..... the feels.

Love the video and the music. Kendrick is so money. Finally I can see two things I love in hip hop and hockey. Unfortunately I don't think its something that the majority will like.

Hip hop fits really well with BBall and Football, but those fanbases are... different....

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Since when is saying Good Effort a bad thing :shakehead I also said I like the video.... and certainly was not negative... my comment about the music is totally personal taste. I think its great someone takes the time to do this. Your making trouble where there is none

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

Thanks for this. I was going to respond to "try this song instead" but I didn't because I felt I would be too rude. Especially because he didnt have bad intentions. You put it into words better than I could :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad