GDT: 1st July 2019 - free agent frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
When do we get to the part where Aho is offer-sheeted and Dundon is so embarrassed that he abandons the team and moves into cheap semi-seclusion.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Moving over from the other thread....

I love how it starts with a Kypreos article just regurgitating information from October as if it was current events, parroted by Eklund and some other guy up in Canada, and now suddenly two more Canadian media people are spouting off how unnamed sources are ready to pounce on the Canes who are now "squeezing" their franchise star. Mind you at the same time the team is saying publicly they'll match any offer sheet, should he receive one.

Its really sad and telling just how much Canada resents the Hurricanes for existing. They just can't help themselves when they are presented with a potential story regarding the team.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So I presume if they offred us we will instantly go for A Handmaid' Tale avatar theme?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I will be disappointed with this offseason if Williams doesn’t come back and we’re hanging our roster improvement on Necas. Especially with the defense getting worse.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Man, there is a lot of stupidity going on with the main board right now. Such a fundamental lack of understanding on how negotiations happen.

I get the impression that a vast majority don't understand how counter-offers work.

Reactions: DaveG

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Man, there is a lot of stupidity going on with the main board right now. Such a fundamental lack of understanding on how negotiations happen.

I get the impression that a vast majority don't understand how counter-offers work.

The funny thing, to me, is how many people are questioning whether Dundon has the money. All kinds of cheap offer sheets being proposed, mostly by habs fans. They think if they frontload it with bonuses he won’t be able to afford to match.

Reactions: DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad