1PM gametime on a monday?!

Jacob8hockey*

Leafs play the Bruins on Monday, Janurary 21st at 1pm.

What were they thinking when the scheduled that game? I know its an american holiday but play the biggest Canadian team that day makes no sense.

Ofcourse this was before the lockout that it was planned so hopefully it will change (almost certain) but what the hell were they thinking?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Chances are Toronto doesn't play Boston on Janurary 21, 2013 because the NHL needs to adjust the schedule for a 48 or 50 game season. Plus it's only going to be conference play only, so whatever games the Leafs had against teams from the West need to be changed.

As for why the NHL originally scheduled Toronto to play in Boston on that day at 1:00 PM I have no idea since a lot of us wouldn't be able to watch it live. Although I remember during the 1999-2000 season and 2002-2003 season Toronto played in Philadelphia on the Friday after US Thanksgiving and those games started at 1:00 PM.

Jacob8hockey*

I know that this schedule is going to be chucked but I still am shocked that they would have originally set a game for that time.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
It is not uncommon for Toronto to play on an American holiday at 1 o'clock when on a US road trip.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
If it remains and it might, I'll just arrange to work from home for the day and watch the game while I work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad