5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Rat Day poster.png

RAT DAY

KILL YOUR RATS!

The Tkachuk is the most common rat, however due to rat inbreeding there is a new smaller breed of rat which exhibits many of the same traits as his larger inbred cousin.

Be aware of the MangyPane Rat (along with his even smaller cousin, the Dube variant), of which a dead example can be seen in the centre of the poster above.

Flames Rat Poster.jpg

LETS KEEP ALBERTA RAT-FREE!!

Now, onto the business at hand, todays GDT.

The Calgary Flames require revenue sharing and are building a new arena. The current arena was recently ranked as the worst arena in the NHL by players and fans and looks like a crushed beer can but that is actually the roof starting to cave in. Plans are afoot to build a new arena but they need money.

Hopefully they don't build the new one in a flood plain like the old one, but hey, what do I know about civic planning?

However, never a team to miss monetizing an opportunity for new arena cash, the Flames do have a wide array of swim and beach wear, so you too can be styling' during the next arena flood!

Check out NHL SHOP Calgary Flames Swimwear, Flames Bathing Suits, Bikinis | shop.nhl.com for these great deals!

Calgary pool.png

No in fact, I actually feel sorry for our inbred cousins to the south.

Actually I don't. But whatever. My feelings aren't important here.

Every year they do a "Charity" Golf Tournament to raise money for "charity". However Flames players boycotted it before the last lockout, this after companies and individuals paid tens of thousands of dollars to "charity" to attend, all to help "charities". Major PR faux pas!! (True story, I think it was the year after they jumped the line to be vaccinated for SARS before the general public)

The Flames, embarrassed by this, decided to raise "charity" cash by holding fan BBQ, Bean Bag Toss and Cattle Drive! However at the last event, held yesterday, the arena caught fire from the Flames Broadcast Teams Hot Takes.

The celebrity guests were Mr Bean who swam all the way over from England, and Cassie Campbell*

*not pictured

On fire.png

.It was too bad because they had to cancel the one lucky fan draw of the horse stables tour with fan favorites Mr Mony, Johnny Potty and Tkaturtle.

Last years PR Photo was a masterpiece, catching Mr Mony at the exact moment he was surprised when his horse head body double asked him for a carrot.

Mr Ed.png

.So now the Flames are reduced to marketing personalities and products outside their swim wear to raise arena cash.

They know they can use the image of their leader Mark Kneeordano, who won the 2020 Mark Messier KNEE-ership award!

He had an unbelievable season, taking McDavid's feet out causing him to destroy a knee into a goal post, and after 5 months of rehab worthy of a documentary, Kneeordano went after BOTH knees in their very next game! What a competitor!

His other near career destroying knees include competitive knees on Sebastian Aho, Cam Fowler, Bobby Ryan, Mikko Koivu and of course the Nazim Kadri hit to the head and the Dominic Roussell slew-foot!

Nobody competes like Kneeordano!

The Flames surely can use this brand and grift from kids all across Southern Alberta cattle farms!

knee-ershp award.png

The Flames also partnered with megastar singer and performer, Britney Spears in a major co-branding arrangement like how the NHL partners with Green Day, who said f*** 173 times during the All-Star Game.

She is releasing, into the Calgary market ONLY!!, a special limited edition single of her mega hit Oops, I Did It Again, featuring an iconic Flames moment on the cover and made in referee's blood red vinyl!!

Those who buy the Season Ticket package for next year will get a free copy!

Flames Britney.png

And of course Covid presents its own money making opportunities! When life gives you lemons after all!

GM Brad Treliving has a unique way of wearing his mask, used to protect others from your germs, but hey he doesn't particularly give a f*** about others.

But all agree that way he wears the stylin' chin diaper is lit. So Tre' decided to market it to the Calgary faithful, a fantastic Flames branding opportunity because everyone has to wear one! And his are dual purpose! When at home, wear as your incontinence diaper. When you go out, pop it off and wrap around your chin and mouth!!!

This will actually SAVE Flames fans money! If Bill Gates can drink his own poop, Flames fans can ingest oxygen through their own urine and/or feces! (We don't judge)

chindaiper.png

The Calgary Flames also have developed a new magazine that is rife with marketing and advertising opportunities along with public service announcements and brilliant editorials.

Due to the high rate of illiteracy in Southern Alberta, it is heavily pictorialized and they've tried to keep the length of words to below 4 wherever possible and only 1 page in length due to the short attention spans.

It comes as an online edition or mail order to your door, whatever works.

Montage.png

Finally the Flames know they can market their new / old / retro Henry the Horse Ass Blastie jersey to their multitudes of fans who are used to wearing the ugliest jersey in the NHL.

And not a chin diaper among them yet. Double revenue time!!!

Stupid.jpg

There is an extra 10 points for everyone who can find Cryin' Johnny Potty that I have hidden in the crowd. A Flames version of Where's Waldo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:edmonton

TONIGHTS LINES

RNH - McDavid - PJ
Ennis - Draisaitl - Honey Badger
Kahun - Khaira - Archi
Neal - Haas - Chaisson

Nurse - Barrie
Russell - Larsson
4K - Bouchard

Smith and Pray

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPAWN OF SATAN

:flames

PROJECTED LINES

Johnny Potty - Cletus Lindholm - Billy Ray Dube
Elrod Mangypane - Woody Backlund - Ratboy Tkaturtle
Jim Bob Lucic - Billy Bob Bennett - Clyde Ritchie
Billy Joe Nordstrom - Chunky Froese - Josh Lievo

Kneeordano - Augustus Andersson
Bubba Hanifin - Bodean Tanev
Bobo Mackay - Eustace Valimaki

Big Sieve Dave

GD VIEWING

GD MUSIC

Money - Pink Floyd

FEARLESS PREDICTION

Oilers demonetize the Flames and kill a rat.

We win.

They scurry back to thier ratholes, broke as f***.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Two massive games (aren't they all in this season lol).

Win them both and the Flames 2 games in hand don't really mean much. Lose them both and all of a sudden you're a point back while having played 2 more games.

One win is an absolute necessity. Two would be huge.

Brown Cat

Hates OP
Jan 7, 2021
>Decide to watch movie
>Halfway through the movie the camera zooms in on the protagonist's face.
>He nonchalantly turns to the camera and states my full name, address, and my social insurance number

G-guys? What do I do?

NheF2hN.jpg

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
If the locker room situation is true, it may not even matter. His teammates may not even back him up. If he is wise, he may finally reel it in for a change.

He's not wise btw.
I think they got tired of Tkachuk's act some time ago and finally said something to him after the Muzzin incident. Lindholm stood a couple feet away and watched Kassian pound on the rat's head last season without doing anything. Almost always you see at least one guy jump in and protect their teammate when something like that occurs.

Last edited:

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
If anyone wants a good laugh, go in the Leafs board about Matthews. Very entertaining I must say.
best line in hockey
Matthews is better then McDavid
Marner is better then McDavid and Drai
McDavid is coming to Toronto

I was so entertained I went to their PGT on the Ottawa game. They went on how much they destroyed Ottawa. They never mentioned Ottawa hit the post 5 times in the 3rd, outshoot Toronto from the 2nd on, and they were lucky to win that

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Expecting a win tonight...but last time we had a f*** y** Calgary GDT we lost...so hopefully its gonna change this time otherwise we have to make a boring one next.

My crystal ball is saying a very good game for Drai and our goalie today :)

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
If anyone wants a good laugh, go in the Leafs board about Matthews. Very entertaining I must say.
best line in hockey

I was so entertained I went to their PGT on the Ottawa game. They went on how much they destroyed Ottawa. They never mentioned Ottawa hit the post 5 times in the 3rd, outshoot Toronto from the 2nd on, and they were lucky to win that
After their choke job losing 6-5 in OT (being up 5-1) the other night. They're desperate to cheer for anything positive.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
best line in hockey

lol it's amazing how delusional Leafs fans are, they all believe they're going to win the cup this year lmao. It'll be hilarious if they're knocked out in the 1st round again, but if they somehow manage to make it to the 2nd and say, face Boston. They'll lose again! hahaha, stupid assclowns.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
best line in hockey

I was also at the board's and someone said this:

I think you can say that AM is like Kopitar with way more offensive skill
Of like Malkin with more of being a complete player
Or like Draistl with more defensive awareness
Or like Mcdavid with way less speed but better defensively and better goal scorer
Or like Crosby but with youth on his side and size
Or like McKinnon with better defensive awareness and better goal scorer
So all in all if things continue, he is and will continue to be the best player in hockey this year and years to come

They are going crazy after three games against the Sens :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad