NHL Entry Draft #19 overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
You mean the small 19 yr old Swede who was passed over in last yr's draft by every team in the NHL & who is ranked in the late 2nd rd or 3rd on some sites that has had one good yr so far? You think he will be better than Leason who is ranked in the first rd by most sites? I guess we'll see, but I'll stick with Leason.

Samuel Fagemo Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
Samuel Fagemo Scouting Report: 2019 NHL Draft #55

Draft Site Scouting Report:

After a strong summer at the Ivan Hlinka tourney, injuries beset this quick winger. Although he a good come-back scoring 19 goals and 30 points in 37 SuperElite games for Frölunda he also potted 5 goals in 5 playoff games. A scorer with a quick release and strong shot. That has resulted in less team-orientated attack when he is on the sheet. With him putting blinders onto his options and taking low percentage shots that result in possession changes. I understand the scorer mentality but he takes it a bit too far. Takes many shots from outside the perimeter as if he doesn't yet understand or care about the idea of working the puck down in. Improving Swedish winger who has developed through the luxury of playing with quality line mates. Under six foot, but thick, he sees time on the power play and had started to develop a strong 200 foot game. He’s have a bit of sniper in him, as his quick release is pretty accurate. Will receive a pass and let it fly on net in one motion. Deft passer who can saucer it to his teammates in flight. Good development project at wing. There is enough talent to think he will get chosen while teams try and patiently hone his hockey IQ.
Much rather Leason but I'd have to check where Leason is ranked on the athletic

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You mean the small 19 yr old Swede who was passed over in last yr's draft by every team in the NHL & who is ranked in the late 2nd rd or 3rd on some sites that has had one good yr so far? You think he will be better than Leason who is ranked in the first rd by most sites? I guess we'll see, but I'll stick with Leason.

Samuel Fagemo Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
Samuel Fagemo Scouting Report: 2019 NHL Draft #55

Draft Site Scouting Report:

After a strong summer at the Ivan Hlinka tourney, injuries beset this quick winger. Although he a good come-back scoring 19 goals and 30 points in 37 SuperElite games for Frölunda he also potted 5 goals in 5 playoff games. A scorer with a quick release and strong shot. That has resulted in less team-orientated attack when he is on the sheet. With him putting blinders onto his options and taking low percentage shots that result in possession changes. I understand the scorer mentality but he takes it a bit too far. Takes many shots from outside the perimeter as if he doesn't yet understand or care about the idea of working the puck down in. Improving Swedish winger who has developed through the luxury of playing with quality line mates. Under six foot, but thick, he sees time on the power play and had started to develop a strong 200 foot game. He’s have a bit of sniper in him, as his quick release is pretty accurate. Will receive a pass and let it fly on net in one motion. Deft passer who can saucer it to his teammates in flight. Good development project at wing. There is enough talent to think he will get chosen while teams try and patiently hone his hockey IQ.

That report is from last year, before Samuel Fagemo had a very fast development this season and managed to sort out some of his weaknesses. I support a rival team of Frölunda so I watched him quite a bit this season. He is a sniper with an elite shot, good hands, impressive speed and skating and impressive playmaking. My main concern with him was his compete level, but he has shown to take strides in developing that this season. Fagemo scored 14 goals and 25 points with limited ice time in 42 SHL games, almost all points being even strength which is absolutely insane at this age. Fagemo outperformed most players going 10-20 in last years draft this season, and outscored every other prospect drafted last year that played in the SHL this year. The SHL is probably the third best league in the world while also being a defensive and very low scoring league, so those numbers are very impressive. Leason really doesn't come close and hasn't proven himself against top quality opposition as Fagemo has.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Lavoie RW (#19) & Leason RW (#32) would help to give Ottawa three good future lines & they have the assets to move up to get them should they need to.

Norris - Brown - Batherson
Tkachuk - White - Lavoie
Formenton - Chlapik - Leason

Wonder if they select at #19 and use the two 2nd round picks to move up in the draft - or just include #19 and the two 2nd round picks to move up to top 10 to get a more impact player

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Newhook would be a fantastic pick. On a BPA list I'd have him over all those guys as well.

Newhook
Seider
Tomasino
Lavoie
Leason
Pelletier for me

Identical for me.

My gut tells me we end up with one of Seider or Newhook. Had the same feeling about Tkachuk last year.

I think we will need to trade up to get Newhook, but think it’s possible Seider falls in our lap.

Maybe 19 + 44 for 13? (Florida gets their own pick back?)

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Wonder if they select at #19 and use the two 2nd round picks to move up in the draft - or just include #19 and the two 2nd round picks to move up to top 10 to get a more impact player
That would be bad. We need IMO all of those picks and I would only move up to get Newhook. Moving #44 is alright but I'd rather move a player for another 2nd and package that with our first if we're moving up.

Getting Newhook, or Tarasimo is ideal; both hopefully have #1 C upside #2 C floor if they pan out. Edit: I'll throw in Lavoie or however you spell his name.

Last edited:

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
He has us taking Tomasino over Seider .. don't see that but .. 3 nice picks
Tbh I've soured on Seider over drafting a fwd. We can use our center depth next year (provided we draft one this year and next year we tank for BPA/#1 C) to trade for a Righty.

I get it's a positional need, but Seider is not screaming BPA over the forwards we can draft at #19. I'd rather trade a prospect which pans out over the next 2 years for a RHD.

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
Arizona is close to the cap ceiling and with their success last year are looking to upgrade to make the playoffs. They have been linked to Kessel and Duchene by various tv sources. They are also close to obtaining a new investor which will bring an influx of cash for UFAs. If they do bring in a larger UFA they will need to get rid of the LTIR Hossa contract. A 19 for 14 swap would make sense for them, won't cost us a pick. Vegas has the same issues with Clarkson, although it would only move us up to 17.

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
The Athletic’s Mock draft has us taking Newhook at 19, with Seider, Lavoie and Tomasino all on the board.

Lesson and Pelletier avail in the 2nd Rd.

If newhook or seider are there at 19 and sens dont choose one this board will collapse haha.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
With Krebs' injury, if he were available it would be a total steal. My new preferred top three is Krebs, Seider, Newhook. If none are on the board at 19 I'd trade down. (Though Knight is intriguing)

Reactions: IamJust0ne

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
With Krebs' injury, if he were available it would be a total steal. My new preferred top three is Krebs, Seider, Newhook. If none are on the board at 19 I'd trade down. (Though Knight is intriguing)
Yeah Knight is my man. After seeing the game last night. I am very high for have a goalie that he can steal game by himself. We never have a real # 1 at Ottawa

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
I can't imagine the Sens picking Seider, or anyone out of Europe in the first round. After chief European scout Vaclav Burda (RIP) left the team in 2017, we were left with one European scout in Mikko Ruutu, and haven't made a single pick out of Europe in either of the past two drafts.

The good news is, they've hired two new European scouts, Petr Havluj and Anders Östberg. So we should start to see more picks out of Europe, but they're not suddenly going to trust this group with the first round pick, after no picks in the past two drafts.

My preferred pick would be Alex Newhook, but no way he's there at 19. I wonder if they'd move up to take him. It seems to me that Don Boyd is Dorion and Mann's most trusted eye now, so if they were to move up it would probably only be for a kid in Boyd's territory - OHL or QMJHL.

Last edited:

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I can't imagine the Sens picking Seider, or anyone out of Europe in the first round. After chief European scout Vaclav Burda (RIP) left the team in 2017, we were left with one European scout in Mikko Ruutu, and haven't made a single pick out of Europe in either of the past two drafts.

The good news is, they've hired two new European scouts, Petr Havluj and Anders Östberg. So we should start to see more picks out of Europe, but they're not suddenly going to trust this group with the first round pick, after no picks in the past two drafts.

My preferred pick would be Alex Newhook, but no way he's there at 19. I wonder if they'd move up to take him. It seems to me that Don Boyd is Dorion and Mann's most trusted eye now, so if they were to move up it would probably only be for a kid in Boyd's territory - OHL or QMJHL.
I really don’t think that matters when you’re talking about high end players who also play in international tournaments. This isn’t some hidden gem. That’s like saying they would have passed on Dahlin last year (hyperbole lol but you get my point)

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON

I was sort of thinking something similar to this, with the Sens budget and lack of scouts in Europe would they have anyone in Germany etc to have a extensive look at a player like Seider? We haven't drafted out of the KHL in ages for similar reasons. He's my pick at 19 but would not be shocked if they didn't take him if available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad