Prospect Info: #19 OA - C/W Evgeny Svechnikov, QMJHL

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
He already skates like he smokes 2 packs a day, this is definitely going to slow him down if this isn't a false positive.

The question is if he'll re-sign to play in GR or go to the KHL.

But he's still not that bad.

He's probably going to Europe still. Might see him back in a few years, AHL/NHL maybe.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
3 points (1G, 2A) for the Jets last night in a pre-season game. The goal was a very nice deflection.

Hope things work out for him in Winnipeg, seems to have a legit shot to make the club in a bottom 6 role.
Got my fingers crossed. I'm a big fan of Geni and big fan of the Jets. Nice to see that you all are so happy with him, so far.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
I think we can close this thread to be honest, he is no longer a Red Wings prospect. Rooting for the guy but he just did not work for us. His injuries did not help either.

Move on and let's discuss the prospects we have.

Reactions: Electric Eric

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I think we can close this thread to be honest, he is no longer a Red Wings prospect. Rooting for the guy but he just did not work for us. His injuries did not help either.

Move on and let's discuss the prospects we have.

Just put the thread on ignore and move on with your life. Some people are going to want to follow Svechnikov in the coming year to see how he pans out. We invested a first round pick in the guy, he was an extremely likable person. Let people talk about him. You don’t have to participate

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
3 points (1G, 2A) for the Jets last night in a pre-season game. The goal was a very nice deflection.

That's nothing new, he scored 1+2 against AHL players, just like he was able to do at AHL level.

Problem is surviving long-term at NHL level.

Still unseen thing.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
That's nothing new, he scored 1+2 against AHL players, just like he was able to do at AHL level.

Problem is surviving long-term at NHL level.

Still unseen thing.
He wasn't that good in the AHL, averaged less than 0.5 ppg in his last 3 partial seasons. Just a lucky game like his first game last season when he went 1-1-2.

We know he's got some offensive abilities, but he also skates slower than I do, and I'm a 50 year old smoker with 2 bad knees (one torn PCL) and a busted back, lol. We'll see if his slow skating turns the Jets off or if they keep him on the roster. It looks like they have the roster space (I don't follow the Jets much)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad