GDT: [#19] @ Bolts

bilah

Nov 16, 2017
I'm watching the stars games in the middle of the night here in Poland almost every matchday for couple of years now. This season istn't the best fun to watch. There is one line really skilled offensivly and that's not enough. Bottom lines shoot like they've been told just to generate rebound. Even in decent position they're bombing goalies pads or puck ends up in goalies chest or belly. And that's only if they can get through red and opposites blue line. Most of the time they end posession at red and the opponents comes at theme over and over, so that we can't even change, then they are fatigued and stop skating giving other team advantage on offense. You can't think about a long playoff run playing one line offense.

Forgive me my english
Best regards from the biggest polish stars fan :)

SuperBennSeguin

Nov 7, 2017
I'm watching the stars games in the middle of the night here in Poland almost every matchday for couple of years now. This season istn't the best fun to watch. There is one line really skilled offensivly and that's not enough. Bottom lines shoot like they've been told just to generate rebound. Even in decent position they're bombing goalies pads or puck ends up in goalies chest or belly. And that's only if they can get through red and opposites blue line. Most of the time they end posession at red and the opponents comes at theme over and over, so that we can't even change, then they are fatigued and stop skating giving other team advantage on offense. You can't think about a long playoff run playing one line offense.

Forgive me my english
Best regards from the biggest polish stars fan :)
The Faksa line has been decent this year. Spezzas has been really weak.

Glad to have you as a Stars fan

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
This team is terrible. Same record as last year that was hit hard with injuries and had Niemi

Nill didnt do anything last season, wonder if he will this season. Not that making a move is always the right thing, but something needs to change

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
This team is terrible. Same record as last year that was hit hard with injuries and had Niemi

Nill didnt do anything last season, wonder if he will this season. Not that making a move is always the right thing, but something needs to change

Start by firing Hitchcock.

Then make a play for someone like James Neal. Neal won't help next season because he'll be FA but they are wasting this season and they have to try something.

A loss in the next game and I consider the season probably lost because this lineup with this coach are going nowhere.

Last edited:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Garbage defenders in Johns, Pateryn, and Oleksiak.. so 3/6 are trash.

You have four top 6 forwards so you are light two higher end forwards. Younger guys are severely overrated in Shore/Elie/Smith who are getting way more playing time over Faksa/Roussel which is mind blowing.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Start by firing Hitchcock.

Then make a play for someone like James Neal. Neal won't help next season because he'll be FA but they are wasting this season and they have to try something.

A loss in the next game and I consider the season probably lost because this lineup with this coach are going nowhere.
There is no cap space left to add a well-paid player.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Hanzal is f***ing useless. Nill’s list of terrible overpaid acquisitions is pretty impressive.

Gonchar
Horcoff
Hemskey
Niemi
Hudler
Hanzal

He’s thrown away a lot of Gaglardi’s money.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
Hanzal is ****ing useless. Nill’s list of terrible overpaid acquisitions is pretty impressive.

Gonchar
Horcoff
Hemskey
Niemi
Hudler
Hanzal

He’s thrown away a lot of Gaglardi’s money.
Methot makes 4.9M

Add him to the list

Methot? I was told when he was signed that he was some kind of miracle worker. Made Karlsson happen and cured cancer.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Methot? I was told when he was signed that he was some kind of miracle worker. Made Karlsson happen and cured cancer.

lmao

it was a pretty nothing trade (2020 2nd?) but man does he make an awful amount of $

He’s been fine. Not amazing, but the team is better when he’s out there over Pateryn.

Yeah I agree but Pateryn makes $4.1M less than Methot. He definitely doesn't provide that value.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
That’s the going price for an average free agent d-man. You’re not buying awesome for $4.5 million. You’re buying good.

The alternative to paying him that much was having Pateryn be a full-time player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad