NYR: 9-7-2_________________NYI: 9-6-2

TIME | 7:00 PM ET
VENUE | BARCLAYS CENTER - BROOKLYN, NY
TV | MSG, MSG PLUS 2

zuccck.gif

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Going to have to find a way to keep Barzal quiet or we're probably going to lose. If there's a key to winning this one---that's it. We've not been able to control that guy.

The Isles defense so far has been better than expected. They're a hard forechecking hitting team. Have to match that and stay away from penalties as much as possible.

It's not that I think the Islanders are a great team. IMO--like us they have been overachieving as a group.....but this should be a good test. Our record against them the last few years has been abysmal particularly in away games.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I'm pro-tank but any game against the Isles is a must-win, Isles have been pretty good this year though and I'm looking forward to our rivalry in the next few years
we got

Kravtsov vs Wahlstrom
Miller vs Dobson
Shestyorkin vs Sorokin

now we just need someone on Barzal's level

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Going to have to find a way to keep Barzal quiet or we're probably going to lose. If there's a key to winning this one---that's it. We've not been able to control that guy.

I understand the sentiment, as Barzal is a special talent and recent Ranger killed, but the key to the game is Brendan Smith not turning the puck over in our own end, or McLeod not getting called for an instigator before the end of the 2nd period in a 1-1 game. These are usually the turning points, not a skilled player getting his goal.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I understand the sentiment, as Barzal is a special talent and recent Ranger killed, but the key to the game is Brendan Smith not turning the puck over in our own end, or McLeod not getting called for an instigator before the end of the 2nd period in a 1-1 game. These are usually the turning points, not a skilled player getting his goal.

Smith was scratched the last two games. Not sure he'll be in the lineup tonight but I suspect that if he is--he should have something to prove.

As for Cody McLeod his fight the other night helped to wake up the team. The Islanders have a few tough guys (Martin, Mayfied, Johnston) and a number of physical, agitating players (Clutterbuck, Komarov, Cizikas) to go with them. They're not an easy team to play against even when they're not playing well. IMO--the Rangers are going to have to respond to a degree anyway. Doing it smartly will be important but McLeod isn't the only one who's going to have to push back or it's going to be a long night for us.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
According to the Isles' GDT these will be their lines:

Lee-Barzal-Bailey
Ladd-Nelson-Eberle
Kuhnhackl-Filppula-Komarov
Beauvillier-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Leddy-Pulock
Hickey-Mayfield
Sbisa-Boychuk

Last edited:

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
According to the Isles' GDT these will be their lines:

Lee-Barzal-Bailey
Ladd-Nelson-Eberle
Kuhnhackl-Filppula-Komarov
Beauvillier-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Leddy-Pulock
Hickey-Mayfield
Sbisia-Boychuk
Metric analysis of the Isles' lineup for tonight:

The forward lines are all quite new, none of them have played significant time as a unit - the most being the 28 minutes Lee-Barzal-Bailey have played together. However the 1L, 2L and 4L have all performed very well in the few minutes they've gotten together. The 3L has been a disaster.

The top-2 defensive pairings have been quite stable where Leddy-Pulock have had surprisingly bad metrics and Hickey-Mayfield decent ones. Sbisa-Boychuk has only been a pairing in four games and have been terrible together (Pelech-Boychuk were good though).

upload_2018-11-15_15-44-27.png

Reactions: Ori

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Anders Lee on pace for under 30 goals. Told you so.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Won't be able to catch tonight. Will be driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad