GDT: #17 Oilers @ Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
So the Ducks now are 21-2-2 against the Oilers in the past 25 meetings. Combine that with our record against Calgary and it's fair to say that Alberta teams just don't want to play Anaheim. At all.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Looking back on the highlights, I think Lindholm might have tipped that shot by Vermette...?

Not totally sure, but he had a good game regardless. Looked a lot faster and better with Manson. I missed the Preds game, so I don't know if he's been steadily improving.

EDIT: Definitely hit something in front, but I don't know if it was Lindholm or Talbot's stick. Vermette's shot was close to the ice and going flat, but ticked upwards and into the top of the net right around where Lindholm and Talbot's sticks were.

Last edited:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Solid win, but jeez was Hazy's fawning over McDavid annoying - if this is what it's going to be like everytime we play Edmonton is going to be like for the next 15 years then count me out :laugh:

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Solid win, but jeez was Hazy's fawning over McDavid annoying - if this is what it's going to be like everytime we play Edmonton is going to be like for the next 15 years then count me out :laugh:

Viaplay doesn't play commercials, so sometimes you get to listen in on them (broadcast crew) in-between calls/during TV time outs.

They aren't as reserved in some of the things they say about plays and players. Nothing scandalous, but it's refreshing to hear some "honest" opinions.

Also, a couple of games ago they were talking about "adult drinks" after the game, and today it was about "walls" (I'll leave it at that).

Hilarious anyways, hope they don't block it in the future. :laugh:

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Kesler stood up the chosen one at our blueline last night and that didn't sit well with a lot of oilers who jumped off the bench after the whistle to end the period. Then the ref pulled kesler aside and skated down the ice with him to have a chat which lasted a couple minutes.

I love kesler

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Kesler stood up the chosen one at our blueline last night and that didn't sit well with a lot of oilers who jumped off the bench after the whistle to end the period. Then the ref pulled kesler aside and skated down the ice with him to have a chat which lasted a couple minutes.

I love kesler

Yeah, Kesler is great. And the second line has been overall great from start this year.

Regarding Edmonton, I think it's good for them. I think it bonds the team, and they really want to protect McDavid. I remember a big hit a few years ago when we played them and everyone on ice just skated away like they didn't see it.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Was this the first Ritchie goal that wasn't a dirty perimeter goal?

I think it was and I was just coming here to comment on how Ritchie looked like a true goal scorer on that play. His game continues to progress and it is easy to forget he is still only 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad