GDT: #17 Devils vs Capitals: Groundhog Day Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I don't get why the move the puck so slowly.

Seriously though. Move the puck quick and open up down low. At least have a plan of some sorts. Hell, if you really want to, have Kovalchuk and Zidlicky up high as decoys to open up down low.

Elias is seemingly always WIDE open and they don't use him. Just do a quick passing play to the point and then to Elias and have him find the open man on the far side, no way a goalie is able to move that quickly.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hah, maybe someone told the refs how unbalanced they were in the second period and now they're trying to even it out. Of course the Devils' PP is so pitiful it probably won't matter. They'll fail to convert on like two more power plays, luck out with a goal at the end of regulation then somehow win a shootout and people will mock the 'panic'.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
No shots on goal in the whole power play...what happened to the 'shooting powerplay'? Talk about a misnomer.

Devils don't seem to have enough players that think 'shoot' first. If it's being left up to Loktionov and Butler to shoot a lot, they're screwed.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This team's 5x3 efforts have been terrible since at least 2006.

But to have over 1.5 minutes of 5x3 and not register a single shot on goal, is beyond embarrassing.

It's not the "Caps killing penalties well", it's incompetence.

Andy Greene taking PP point shots = coaching incompetence.
Ilya Kovalchuk being allowed to take sharp angle slappers on the PP which are 100% to leave the zone if he misses net = coaching incompetence.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't get why the move the puck so slowly.

Seriously though. Move the puck quick and open up down low. At least have a plan of some sorts. Hell, if you really want to, have Kovalchuk and Zidlicky up high as decoys to open up down low.

Elias is seemingly always WIDE open and they don't use him. Just do a quick passing play to the point and then to Elias and have him find the open man on the far side, no way a goalie is able to move that quickly.

That is what I didn't get. We moved the puck faster 4-4. The 5-3 was molasses.

Rob Nieds work ethic

Swarm it up Devils!
Aug 17, 2007
Pathetic effort. I'll say another no show. As bad as Tallinder has been it's not his fault we couldn't score on a ****in 5 on 3. Or even strength either.

ya-dont-say_zps9161d2eb.png

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Anybody think the caps PK on that 5 on 3 was pretty solid? Or is the other team always just a bunch of pylons that the Devils can't beat?

I'm not getting the outcry either. The devils moved around the perimeter but the caps need once allowed themselves to be pulled out of their lanes. The other team is playing too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad