GDT: #17 Devils vs Capitals: Groundhog Day Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
tumblr_mihe4z3rym1r1axvjo1_250.gif

tumblr_mihe4z3rym1r1axvjo2_250.gif

Players from the 90s used to stick up for themselves and not take BS from the refs. The ones from today are all too nice and just walk over to the penalty box with their heads down, they don't even argue the call most of the time. It's embarrassing, if the ref is gonna be incompetent then make his job tough.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I won't call it a must win, maybe a much needed win would be more appropriate. Hopefully, Matteau slides right in and does a good job in place of Carter. This way when Carter returns we'll have more opitions.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Players from the 90s used to stick up for themselves and not take BS from the refs. The ones from today are all too nice and just walk over to the penalty box with their heads down, they don't even argue the call most of the time. It's embarrassing, if the ref is gonna be incompetent then make his job tough.

Well unfortunately in the past 5 years, a lot of those refs from the 80s and 90s have begun to retire and their replacements have become softer and more sensitive thus leading to the players not barking back to them because these refs won't go back and forth and will just give them more penalties or a misconduct on top of the initial penalty for doing so

The players don't respect the refs today and a lot of it has to do with the refs inconsistency

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Sick GDT.. Love that my pointing man photo became so popular

This is one of those games where you need to come out ready and hungry.. Get those 2 points!!

theking72

Confucius Ackbar
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
NJ
Sick GDT.. Love that my pointing man photo became so popular

This is one of those games where you need to come out ready and hungry.. Get those 2 points!!

Pointing man is my hero. In the most hostile arena for Devils fans, under the most dangerous circumstances of the playoffs, awash in a sea of orange, he bravely stands. And he doesn't clap, doesn't say "woooo!". No, pointing man silently and defiantly points out to every Flyers fan the evidence of their demise. To top it off, he is wearing not one but TWO Devils logos. A true Devils hero worthy of tribute.

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
Pointing man is my hero. In the most hostile arena for Devils fans, under the most dangerous circumstances of the playoffs, awash in a sea of orange, he bravely stands. And he doesn't clap, doesn't say "woooo!". No, pointing man silently and defiantly points out to every Flyers fan the evidence of their demise. To top it off, he is wearing not one but TWO Devils logos. A true Devils hero worthy of tribute.

the man is just a god.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day

Talbot went ape **** on the ref yesterday

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
So we have this 20ppl dinner party at our hotel and im the waitor. This is in england btw. As i walked by i heard a man say "the Washington capitals are my team" im so ready to go up to him and say something

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
So we have this 20ppl dinner party at our hotel and im the waitor. This is in england btw. As i walked by i heard a man say "the Washington capitals are my team" im so ready to go up to him and say something

don't do it, man. think of the tip..

(the gratuity, you sick ****s)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

The man braved the Orange Crush, and conquered it with merely a point. Epic hero is epic.

The game is really more of a must win for this board then for the team. Definitely is a game we need to win, and should win...so WIN!!!

Still not a fan of the lack of Fayne train. Hope Matteau uses these two games to show off so Pete maybe starts playing him more for Barch when Carter returns (hopefully Sunday?)

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I really need to know why Fayne is still a healthy scratch. There's about 3 players who shouldn't see the ice over Mark, so it's just mindboggling that he isn't playing for a 3rd consecutive game with what we've seen this past week.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really need to know why Fayne is still a healthy scratch. There's about 3 players who shouldn't see the ice over Mark, so it's just mindboggling that he isn't playing for a 3rd consecutive game with what we've seen this past week.

Let's just hope we don't have to find out how many losses it will take with him out of the lineup to get him back in the lineup.

Win or lose I don't see him back in the lineup until after the weekend. Unless Volchenkov has a very Tallinder Isles like game. Or consecutive games like that.

xdl1

Nov 3, 2010

Greene, Zidlicky, Sal, Volch can't sit because they all play specials, and Greene is by far the best D. Fayne, Larsson and Tallinder are the same player, and the turnstyle has been spinning.

I do agree though, and I wouldn't be opposed to dealing him right now for picks, and using the picks at the deadline if anything comes up. I guarantee someone would cough up a 2 and 5 right now.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Larsson the same player as Tallinder? I've seen this a lot, and I couldn't disagree more.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean if the Devils were WINNING without Fayne I could at least be appeased by the logic of keeping a winning lineup but they haven't won in four games without Fayne and the D/ST was horrible in three of the games.

And Tallinder isn't anywhere 'near' the same player as Fayne/Larsson.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I mean if the Devils were WINNING without Fayne I could at least be appeased by the logic of keeping a winning lineup but they haven't won in four games without Fayne and the D/ST was horrible in three of the games.

That's the issue: the team isn't winning without him. That's what's got peoples' jimmies rustled. It seems clear that Mark Fayne is a very important player on the Devils, and when he isn't in the line up, the defense looks particularly worse than when he is in.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That's the issue: the team isn't winning without him. That's what's got peoples' jimmies rustled. It seems clear that Mark Fayne is a very important player on the Devils, and when he isn't in the line up, the defense looks particularly worse than when he is in.

He was also arguably the Devils' best defenseman last year, it's not like he was some marginal player hanging on and in/out of the lineup.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Greene, Zidlicky, Sal, Volch can't sit because they all play specials, and Greene is by far the best D. Fayne, Larsson and Tallinder are the same player, and the turnstyle has been spinning.

I do agree though, and I wouldn't be opposed to dealing him right now for picks, and using the picks at the deadline if anything comes up. I guarantee someone would cough up a 2 and 5 right now.

I couldn't care less about Volchenkov playing on the PK, what's that... like 10% of a entire hockey game? If he blows chunks the rest of the time, why is he such a need when someone like Fayne is 10x better at even strenght and we can slide just about anyone with Salvador to compensate for the loss of Anton on the PK?

The same can be said for Zidlicky BTW cause he's a black hole when he's not playing on the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad