17-18 Blackhawks 2.0

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Hell no to Kane.
Let him act like a fool on another Team.

Still think if we trade, we should trade for Rieder. Good contract, a bit upside and Plays LW. He'd be that typically middle6 Player for us a longer time on a good contract.

I'd like Gagner. I always liked him and think playing him with Kane could be good for us. Don't know who would Play with them, but that guy doesn't Need to have the puck.

About Sharp:
If he Comes back, I think it's safe to assume those rumors about Sharp and Keiths wife are nothing more than false rumors.

How much Cap Space do we have after Krüger is traded?

Last edited:

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
I think this team as currently rostered is underrated. I strongly disagree we finish outside the top 10.

Like any season will come down to injuries. All the 1st year forwards of last year should all be taking the next step as they got a taste of increased ice time and playoff intensity.

Free agency starts July 1st so am expecting another round of moves..:yo:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I think this team as currently rostered is underrated. I strongly disagree we finish outside the top 10.

I think it has a chance to be pretty underrated as well if they can sign a few nice top 9 guys in free agency and Murphy/Kempny/Rutta/Forsling are OK next year.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Ehhh Gagner...

Don't really know what to think. He might be good fit with Kane but is he still C? He is not good with faceoffs either..

Saad - Toews - Panik
Hayden - Gagner - Kane
Schmaltz - Anisimov - Hartman

I'll pass with Gagner but I think he is going to be a Blackhawk.. :rant:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I like Rieder too, a lot. Great contract too. You would think he would have been involved in the Hammer deal if we were getting him. Maybe part of the Kruger or a Hossa deal. It's hard to figure out what we would be giving up for Rieder.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
[QUOTe ] this post was from another poster on the other side. ~~~~ Why would Kane sign for that? He's 25. This is his shot to cash in. I guess maybe Neal might but he could demand a 3-4 year deal most likely. That's a lot of money to leave on the table for either of them.
[/QUOTE]

this whole off-season could be a broken one, b/c the hawks have a lot of positive young players who has yet to shown where they can play, if they can in the nhl. however it falls on any fa to decide on several key possible destination.

1. if he doesn't get a viable offer, he can get a 1 yr and show he is a good team player.
2. use this yr to rebuild his rep.
3. maybe look at a team who may make a splash in the playoff.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
That 2nd line would be disaster in own end and Hayden is not a top 6 talent

Depends on one's definition of top 6 talent? Do you consider Andrew Shaw a top 6 talent?

Shaw never put up 40 points in his career but when Q asked him to play top 6 minutes he was huge playing his role of being feisty and net front presence. Put it this way, no NHL team is going to have 40+ point producers across the board on their top 2 lines.

IF Hayden can play that same hard nosed game in front of the net with a bigger body mass no less he is going to open up room for the point producers.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014

I fully expect some roster changes from here. That said, the current roster is what I said would be probably just outside the top 10 on paper. Maybe I am a bit harsh with that assessment... not sure. but in terms of balanced developed overall talent, in the east the Pens, Caps, and Rangers and in the West the Preds, the Blues, the Ducks and maybe the Wild have more than this squad in terms of developed talent. We are in a grouping then with 3-4 others from there. So... right arond the #10 mark on paper, with this roster at this time. Much of the Hawks talent is not yet developed --- we do not know yet what they can produce (think Schmaltz, Hartman, Hinastroza, Kempny, Ruttu, Kero, etc) --- so judging them is tough.

Who knows, with a move or two and with the development of some of the youth, this team could have talent approaching or even in the top 5. Too many variables at this point. But for now, the roster is in a rebuild mode (so many young, largely untested players (Schmaltz, Forsling, Kempny, Hino, Hartman, Ruttu, Kero, Forsberg, even Panik and Murphy --- all are guys whose abilities (or lack thereof) are not yet known). In that sense, this is a rebuild with many unknowns. With all those unknowns... a top 10 (or thereabouts) ranking is appropriate (at the moment).

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I'd be down with Gagner. Get as many 45-50 point guys you can to help offset Panarin's loss. He's brutal defensively though, so he needs linemates who are solid on that end (Still need a big, defensive center who can win a faceoff though). I'd LOVE Evander Kane, poor hockey sense and all, but not sure McD would sign off on that one. Him being a UFA next season isn't ideal either.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Gagner would Need to get his minutes on the PP on the Kane line. Other than that you'd take his strenghts away.
5 vs 5 he'd be on the 4th line.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
as i have always preach, for me, who cares where, during the season the team places.... the team needs to be prime for the playoff... that is where the real season is.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
as i have always preach, for me, who cares where, during the season the team places.... the team needs to be prime for the playoff... that is where the real season is.

Yes, Nashville proved that, and even Pittsburgh also with all of the injuries they had all season.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yes, Nashville proved that, and even Pittsburgh also with all of the injuries they had all season.

with the amount of teams making the playoff, i was always preaching about using the season to build chemistry, to get the lines use to each other and to let the newbies get their feet wet and gain experience. last 5-8 games start using to the lines for the playoff run.

remember that is me, a person with no pro or even amateur hockey experience.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
Ideally, I would like to pick up a top 6 wing and a 3rd line C, but that seems unlikely given the cap constraints. They would have about 4M to work with once they trade Kruger so I think a good third line C that can actually win a FO should be the priority and then find the best wing that can with what is left over. That would improve the depth tremendously and not force us to rely too much on rookies like DeBrincat or Highmore. Maybe that David Kampf guy will be good enough and he isn't exactly a kid so if he is going to be good enough to play on the 4th line than pursuing the veteran winger wouldn't be quite as important.

We know Q will use the blender so the specific line combinations don't matter but
if they could pick up a C and W that would push Kero out of the lineup and into the 13th forward role where he is best suited as a guy that can plug in at any of the three forward spots.

Saad-Toews-Panik
Schmaltz-Anisimov-Kane
Hartman-xxxx-Hayden
Jurco-Dauphin-Kampf?
Kero

That would give us Kruger and Hino along with any defensemen they deem expendable for trade pieces. Maybe since Kruger is expected to go to Vegas anyway that deal could be expanded to bring back one of their centers.

Keith-Murphy
Forsling-Seabrook
Kempny-Rutta
Gustafsson-Pokka

Crow
Forsberg

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Instead of Panarin and Hammer which were NOT the problem, Stan the boi man should have traded Toews and Seabrook, that would have solved a lot of problems.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Ideally, I would like to pick up a top 6 wing and a 3rd line C, but that seems unlikely given the cap constraints. They would have about 4M to work with once they trade Kruger so I think a good third line C that can actually win a FO should be the priority and then find the best wing that can with what is left over. That would improve the depth tremendously and not force us to rely too much on rookies like DeBrincat or Highmore. Maybe that David Kampf guy will be good enough and he isn't exactly a kid so if he is going to be good enough to play on the 4th line than pursuing the veteran winger wouldn't be quite as important.

We know Q will use the blender so the specific line combinations don't matter but
if they could pick up a C and W that would push Kero out of the lineup and into the 13th forward role where he is best suited as a guy that can plug in at any of the three forward spots.

Saad-Toews-Panik
Schmaltz-Anisimov-Kane
Hartman-xxxx-Hayden
Jurco-Dauphin-Kampf?
Kero

That would give us Kruger and Hino along with any defensemen they deem expendable for trade pieces. Maybe since Kruger is expected to go to Vegas anyway that deal could be expanded to bring back one of their centers.

Keith-Murphy
Forsling-Seabrook
Kempny-Rutta
Gustafsson-Pokka

Crow
Forsberg

well i been looking and looking at many thought possibilities . but here is my thought process.

Saad-Toews-Panik
Hartman-Schmaltz-Kane
Kero/Kampf/???-Anisimov-Hayden
Jurco/Hino-Dauphin-Kampf?

Keith-Murphy
Forsling-Seabrook - i will keep seabs here, he is still a smart vet.
Kempny-Rutta
Pokka

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Depends on one's definition of top 6 talent? Do you consider Andrew Shaw a top 6 talent?.

No but he is proven top 9 NHL talent

Hayden on the other hand had a couple decent games and then struggled. I don't see this great upside with him and even if he has upside of top 6 talent he is not at all ready for such a role at this stage

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'm currently listening to the latest Athletic podcast and Hedger had some interesting things to say about Sharp...

-Hedger was told by three separate media folk about Sharp returning at the draft. Hedger did NOT bring up Sharp's name to these individuals.

-Hedger talked over the phone with a source he deemed reliable, that another source believes Sharp has a good chance of happening. So a guy who Hedger trusts, knows another guy (who Hedger's guy trusts) that thinks Sharp's coming back to the Hawks.

-Hedger also said the Hawks had a deal in place with Dallas for Sharp at the deadline, but Sharp's hip injury put an end to those discussions.

Hedger's not the most reliable of sorts (he's not nearly as good as his buddy Scott Powers), but he does seem to believe there has been mutual interest between Sharp and the Hawks.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
No but he is proven top 9 NHL talent

Hayden on the other hand had a couple decent games and then struggled. I don't see this great upside with him and even if he has upside of top 6 talent he is not at all ready for such a role at this stage

Which is exactly what you were saying about Hartman before last year.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hartman was 1st round pick with professional season under his belt

Are you trying to compare Haydens couple good periods to a 1st round prospect with a year of professional hockey under his belt?

Also Hartman isn't a top 6 talent ,, he has established himself as a good 3rd line winger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad