Prospect Info: #166 - Pasquale Zito (C)

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Lots of dramatic reactions. I would have liked some other guys but its the 166th pick.

Reactions: archimet

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
young and didnt have a season this year = might be a sleeper that would have broke out if was an ohl season . looks to be a scrappy competetive player as in might become an excellent 4 line center

Reactions: SirloinUB

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario

Repost this from other GD thread; 16 year old taking on veteran.

Zito destroying some poor guy in a line brawl.

Obviously a tough kid/pest type.
He was a 2nd rounder in his OHL draft year and put up great offensive numbers playing minor hockey for the Mississauga rebels.
So some upside for skill too.

Windsor GM Warren Rachel;
“Pasquale is a true Spitfire,” Rychel said. “He’s a 200-foot player that can score and play a physical brand of hockey. On top of that, he’s good in the faceoff circle, responsible in his own zone and I love his worth ethic.”

This guy is truly one of those projection/Covid draft picks that could be a steal ! He might have taken big strides in his sophomore/draft year. But didn’t even get to play this season. Keep in mind 16 year olds don’t usually play much in the OHL. So his 16 year old numbers weren’t unexpected.

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeylegend11

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
So pretty much all of our guys are plus skaters with huge compete level, I agree with emphasis on those.

You have to think they know a lot about Windsor kids. I wonder if this is one of those guys that like Draper eluded to last night they felt has made a lot of gains since anybody had last seen them. I like the upside on it, loved Gilmartin as a power forward type at the same pick. Interesting depth swing in my opinion.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Please don't be a douche like him ha

Or be a douche like him. For some of these guys, they need to have that element to make it to the league. I hope these guys all make it for us in some capacity. Or someone else for that matter…if we got something out of him

member 71782

Windsor fan here.

Rotated in and out of the line up for the first couple of months of the season, kept mainly on the fourth line much of the year. Had some time on the PK later in the year. Feisty with lots of energy, doesn't back down and a solid two way game. Was drafted as a center but was mainly used on the wing.

Some offensive potential but has not been given a chance to use it yet in Windsor. Should have a much bigger role this year.

Believe he is the nephew of Zito down in Florida.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
You can avoid being a douche and still play that physical style of hockey. Looks good in a fight, hope he can play!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Sure seems like the Wings decided to get some mobile, aggressive checking line types in Mazur, Savage, and Ziti.

These are the kind of players that wound up complementing the top guys in Tampa well. Good skating, physical guys, now most of that line was created after he left in terms of Tampa's third line, but I do think this is Yzerman getting guys he knows work in the system and play style he wants to play. We will see, I think you can always look at a few players you like, but they got a lot of competitive players that have NHL projection plus in terms of skating and other talents. They are all legitimate swings and if you're going to shift around assets and do some of the things we were doing I love the aggression out of Yzerman. I think it sends a message organizationally here. Get ready to get a lot better, we are injecting a lot of depth and improving the foundation a lot here. Now it is on the organization to develop them into the best players they can be. I think Savage plays in the NHL, dude is relentless when I have seen him.

Reactions: Larkin2AA

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Im excited for this kid. In the day one presser Draper made an offhand remark about kids not being able to play but they were able to do other things and some that they talked to had put on 20lbs of muscle over the course of the year. Then, watching the interview with Zito he said that he was incredibly frustrated that he couldnt play the past 16 months but that the one thing he was able to do hard was hit the gym hard. And he looked pretty filled out. He could have a major improvement this season and surprise some people. He wasnt on my radar at all but I'm really intrigued! Oh, and he also mentioned that he had no prior connections to anyone in the Detroit org, so they really did just take him based on what they saw and not from prior relationships like some of the other picks, which also makes things more interesting.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad