GDT: 160322 Sharks vs Blues 7:30 CSNCA - Force vs Schwartz

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
One-goal games are such a coin flip. If Hertl's shot off the crossbar goes in and Fabbri's shot doesn't deflect off of Demelo, then we win. Both teams played hard, good hockey.

Personally, I would have kept the goaltender in for the 5-on-3. 6-one-3 is just so crowded, there's no room to move the puck. That's why you didn't see any movement. It's not like you practice 6-on-3's.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
That play is a difficult one to setup when Thornton is the one handling the puck predominantly when they have control. When Thornton is handling the puck, they don't go to the umbrella setup too often on the 5 on 4.

Teams have been taking all one timers away from Pavs and Burns cross ice. The Sharks have been trying a low to opposite faceoff dot but the execution isn't there. I think once the top unit gets a couple, they'll fix themselves. There aren't a lot of set plays in hockey so execution is everything .

Well it's not even the cross ice one timer that I'm thinking of but even just the pass from the point to the left faceoff dot pretty much leads to a pass back or behind the net nowadays. As far as I'm aware, the point pass to Couture/Marleau at the right faceoff dot leads to one timers quite often.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Well it's not even the cross ice one timer that I'm thinking of but even just the pass from the point to the left faceoff dot pretty much leads to a pass back or behind the net nowadays. As far as I'm aware, the point pass to Couture/Marleau at the right faceoff dot leads to one timers quite often.

That's partly why it's difficult for this power play to set that up. Thornton is often dominating the puck and the rest are playing off of him looking for a good soft spot and Thornton's wheelhouse for passing is not cross-ice.

They wheel it around the perimeter plenty for the one timer but it hasn't morphed into the umbrella too often recently to set up Pavs' one-timer. Part of it is I think when they do get to that position, Burns seems more willing to defer instead of taking the shot from the top of the umbrella. If anything is going to open up Pavs' one-timer from the faceoff, it's Burns selling a one-timer there and dishing it off. It's worked plenty before but sometimes to sell that fake, he's got to take more shots in that spot. Yeah, Burns needs to take more shots. haha

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
It's been fun cheering for you guys and watching your games...:yo:

I can sense this team is going to upset one of the big dogs in the playoffs this season.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

I can sense this team is going to upset one of the big dogs in the playoffs this season.

I find it weird that we have a bandwagon considering our history. Appreciated, but super unexpected.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I'm pretty sure Pav's is injured, I think whatever it is keeping him from taking slap shots. Shoulder maybe?

If he is, don't see why he isn't being rested. We are in the playoffs so the only benefit now would be gaining home ice, because the chances of winning the division are slim. Maybe it's an injury that can't get much worse, but will need off-season surgery so resting won't help. I'm not a doctor but if he's playing hurt, that really worries me.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
We're in the infant stages of the lovable loser aura surrounding our franchise. lol

Really, there have been several posts like that in here recently. WTF? Should we be worried?! :amazed:

I think it's because the Sharks aren't being picked as cup winners every year now. People are more sick of the Ducks and Kings so the Sharks are the lovable Cali team. Plus I think Burns has really attracted a lot of outsiders to our team. Thornton having a great year at an old age could do it as well.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

I find it weird that we have a bandwagon considering our history. Appreciated, but super unexpected.

Honestly, not just saying this because that guy just commented but I generally find Vancouver's fan base to be one of the most tolerable, especially of our rivals.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Wasn't mad then, not mad now.

Tight game all around and they just happened to get the bounce while we got the crossbar.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Honestly, not just saying this because that guy just commented but I generally find Vancouver's fan base to be one of the most tolerable, especially of our rivals.

Yeah I've noticed that too. Also my friend who is Canuck fan has hopped onto our bandwagon and hopes that we can win the cup this year.

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
What this gives me hope on is that we know that Jones can absolutely rob some games. I am looking forward to him stealing a series with us and get us over the tough teams.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
It really is crazy how close this game was. If Hertl's shot is 1 inch lower, and DeMelo's stick deflects that puck 1 inch further right, we win 1-0 instead of them doing so. I hate losing, but if we're going to lose, that's the kind of loss I want to see. Not one of those 5-1 blowouts where it looks like someone dosed all the gatorade bottles with valium.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..

Love the Joes, Vlasic, Burns, Marleau etc... Not a HUGE fan of Couture but I can tolerate him. You guys deserve a cup. Would be amazing to watch you win it. Never had any problems with your fanbase and really wasn't that upset when you swept us, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad