GDT: 160312 Sharks vs Capitals 7:30pm CSNCA

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
Was that the first time Polak has been on the ice for a Goal For as a Sharks? :laugh:

Possibly. I'm not sure where to find that information. Judging by his game long, it's the first game he's had with a positive +/- with the Sharks.

He almost got another assist on that 3 on 1 break as well. Polak's shot bounced right off the goalies right pad in front of Ward, and if Ward was either a lefty, or had his stick on the ice in the right place, it would have been an easy tap in.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
He almost got another assist on that 3 on 1 break as well. Polak's shot bounced right off the goalies right pad in front of Ward, and if Ward was either a lefty, or had his stick on the ice in the right place, it would have been an easy tap in.

that was a golden chance. then he absolutely wrecked the goalie.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Mike Roochards>>>>> Toemash Hurdle AINEC

Prime Mike Richards is probably better than anything Tomas Hertl ever was, ever is, or ever will be.

It wasn't a crazy idea to think that Richards could get back to that form. He hasn't, and that is unfortunate.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Prime Mike Richards is probably better than anything Tomas Hertl ever was, ever is, or ever will be.

It wasn't a crazy idea to think that Richards could get back to that form. He hasn't, and that is unfortunate.

It actually was a completely crazy idea that in 2015-2016, Mike Richards could return to being the player that he was in Philadelphia. Ridiculous suggestion.

And it's fortunate for Sharks fans that he hasn't gotten back to that form.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Burns is only 8 points behind Karlsson with 2 games in hand and Karlsson is the leading candidate to win the norris trophy. Karlsson has been slumping offensively lately.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Burns is only 8 points behind Karlsson with 2 games in hand and Karlsson is the leading candidate to win the norris trophy. Karlsson has been slumping offensively lately.

And as much as it probably shouldn't, a strong finish vs. a weak one will definitely impact the minds of the voters.

There are a lot of defensemen having strong seasons. Not just the usual suspects in Keith, Doughty, and Karlsson, but players like Hedman, Klingberg, and Giordano have been very good. Seems like the cycle for defensemen is finally going the other way.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Last night was a good game to watch at the tank.... fast and loose:

• Maybe too loose as giveaways were not great by any measurement. Sharks giveways at 16 to Cap's at 11. On the flipside, the Sharks were able to double on the takeway count over the Caps at 12 to 6.
  • Sharks dominated the FO circle.
  • Turning point in the game was the PK SHG by Marleau and Ward double team. The game's outcome probably would have been different if not for that. It enabled the Sharks to go back into the locker room at the end of the 2nd with a tie during a period which Caps dominated. Sharks came out with momentum in the 3rd with an early score for the lead and the GWG.
  • Not one of Jones' best games, but still a very good game with some great saves including the poke check on the penalty shot.
  • Fans at the tank were looking for some fights to break out during the 1st period, and some of the 2nd. But these are two teams that are headed for the playoffs, and although there was plenty of hits, no one wanted to drop gloves at this late in the season.
  • Unlike Nabby himself, the Nabby lockers are dust collectors, not really that great. I'd give my two back if I could. The chant for Nabby just before the ceremonial puck drop was loud.

Great game to watch at the tank, not on TV. Too many Caps jerseys though. I like the years where getting tickets were costly that curtailed the appearance of opposing jerseys.

There's a perennial Karlsson fan club that is always calling for the Norris to go his way... every year. Burns has earned it this year, imo.

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

But prime Richards was more concerned with fluids and other substances than he was taking care of his body. Which is why he flamed out well before the age of 30.

Hertl, on the other hand, still has a few years before he even hits his prime. We don't know what his trajectory is yet.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Just got back from the game. The live organ music is great!

Except during the intermission between periods... it was horrible, imo. That probably did not come across the TV though. During the stoppage in play, it was good and enjoyable.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
But prime Richards was more concerned with fluids and other substances than he was taking care of his body. Which is why he flamed out well before the age of 30.

Hertl, on the other hand, still has a few years before he even hits his prime. We don't know what his trajectory is yet.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Hertl quit eating real food this summer in order to get in even better shape

We're so lucky he idolizes Jagr so much

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
It's sad that I'm more confident when the Sharks play good teams than bad teams.

You're just being positively negative..;)

Normal Sharks schizophrenia between the last two games. We need more of last night's kind of action though!

Best part of this year's team is the 3rd period efforts! I almost bricked my TV half a dozen times last year watching them give away games in the 3rd....

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Has anyone seen information on Paul Martin's injury? I am guessing stitches

I am not a fan of the organ, felt like it took me back to 1982.

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA
Last night's win was:

yooge.jpg

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
"The chant for Nabby just before the ceremonial puck drop was loud."

I was a big proponent of that from the top of 209. Weird that no goalie name has been chanted since either.. Fans never got into Nemo chants. Stalock sucked. Not sure for Martin Jones yet - do we chant Marty like the NJD fans did for Brodeur? Do we chant Jonesy like his teammates call him? So far its been nothing...

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
"The chant for Nabby just before the ceremonial puck drop was loud."

I was a big proponent of that from the top of 209. Weird that no goalie name has been chanted since either.. Fans never got into Nemo chants. Stalock sucked. Not sure for Martin Jones yet - do we chant Marty like the NJD fans did for Brodeur? Do we chant Jonesy like his teammates call him? So far its been nothing...

Nemo had one chant that I can remember only because I commented to my wife that it was his first one after being here for a few seasons.

As for as Mr Jones. He needs a nickname.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad