Prospect Info: #160 - G Victor Brattström

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
He is the backup goalie for Timra in the SHL, he has played 3 games and will get more games later this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: avssuc

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Timrå keep starting Svedberg, they don't seem to want to give Brattström a chance even if the team keeps losing.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Not happy with his playtime. An almost 22 year old should be a starter, not just some backup with a handful of games in the SHL...

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
He is getting some games but he is still backup. He needs to leave Timra to be a starter to progress, he is almost 22 years old.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Hope het gets traded, he needs SHL time. Give him 1 more SHL season and then he should move over to play for Grand Rapids

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Has anyone heard anything about Brattstrom coming over to play in the AHL? Pretty sure he would be a starter.

Tough to believe we would be AHL starter because he struggled a bit as KooKoo starter in FEL.

I always disliked about his efforts in well-coached team, with good defence. Many times it was him ruining the games, with many easy goals.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Tough to believe we would be AHL starter because he struggled a bit as KooKoo starter in FEL.

I always disliked about his efforts in well-coached team, with good defence. Many times it was him ruining the games, with many easy goals.

I cant really say anything about Brattstrom since I havent seen him play this year, but looking at his stats, they aren't so bad right? GAA of 2.20, save percentage of 90,3%.

Let him fight it out with Fulcher, or maybe we can sign an extra, talented free agent goalie somewhere.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I cant really say anything about Brattstrom since I havent seen him play this year, but looking at his stats, they aren't so bad right? GAA of 2.20, save percentage of 90,3%.

Those are meh stats, because it was a good defensive team. Had physical D clearing the net-front etc. great structure. There comes the low GAA.

But his SV% 90,3% is nothing in Finnish league. 13th best of goalies who played +26 games. There was also some injuries affecting on his season, could be some factor.

He also failed miserably at the playoffs (only 1 game), GAA 4.00 and 78,9% and did lose his position for the backup.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border

Let him fight it out with Fulcher, or maybe we can sign an extra, talented free agent goalie somewhere.
No point in keeping Fulcher around.

He is ECHL at best.

And he probably isn't good enough to stick around as a starter there.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
No point in keeping Fulcher around.

He is ECHL at best.

And he probably isn't good enough to stick around as a starter there.

Fulcher actually played pretty well when he finally got a few starts for GR at the end of the season. I'd at least give him a shot at the back up job there while they still have him under contract for another year.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Brattstrom is signed, and I believe his deal is "sliding" meaning it doesn't kick in until he comes over and plays. So, I see it as likely he will be over here next year unless they terminate his contract.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Brattstrom is signed, and I believe his deal is "sliding" meaning it doesn't kick in until he comes over and plays. So, I see it as likely he will be over here next year unless they terminate his contract.
No slide since he signed when he was 23. He was on loan. NHL contracts are guaranteed, even 2 way contracts. It can only be terminated by mutual agreement or if he violated a clause in his contract.

He could very well get loaned out again, we'll find out.

Victor Brattström - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: ShelbyZ

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
ELC Slide only happens to years where a player is 18 or 19 on the Sept. 15th before the season starts. Brattstrom is well beyond that.

I doubt Yzerman would tab Brattstrom for a regular job in GR (especially the starting job), but I suppose if he wants to come over to NA he could battle with Fulcher over the back up job in GR or starter in Toledo.

Reactions: bedtime20

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I didn't heard it, but my friends informed me Brattström being one of the Griffins goalies at becoming season?

Was that legit?

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I didn't heard it, but my friends informed me Brattström being one of the Griffins goalies at becoming season?

Was that legit?

Yzerman didn't touch on where he'll play, but I would guess if he's coming to NA for camp it's with the hope he can play in the minors.

I would assume Brattstrom is in the mix for the back up job behind Pickard in GR, while Fulcher takes on a busier role in Toledo to get back into a regular rotation after barely playing for 2 years.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I thought this was the plan all along after he didn't re-sign with KooKoo since I'm pretty sure they would have kept him despite his so-so season. The Wings had to sign him in 2020 to keep his rights, now he's already 24 and has one year left on the ELC. Makes sense to bring him over and see what he's got.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
If he goes to Grand Rapids, that probably means that Van Pottelberghe wont get signed and our rights expire. Shame, I wanted to see what this kid could do in Grand Rapids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad