Blue Jays GDT: ('16 v3) HOME OPENER: Fri, Apr 8 vs Bos| 7pm ET/4pm PT | Stroman vs Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
also that 2nd inning i think it was, with the 3 doubles in a row (two, because Pillar is a beast). He was shakey.

No you can't, but it would be nice to be able to hang onto a 7-2 lead.

I am a big fan of Stroman but the fact is he was not sharp, he was lucky to came out with no decision (so there is no need to defend him). He was leading by 5 runs and then you put on 3 runners with no body out, with my experience relievers do not come out of these situations

Speaking of bullpen, it's awful so far

Refer to post #959

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
What's with Rogers shoving Price stuff down our throats. He's gone, let's move on. I don't want to hear about that half season for the millionth time. God, this reminds me of those embarrassing questions the media asks during TIFF. Please like us. Please.
Are we going to go through all this every time we play the Red Sox from now on?

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
On the bright side we know how to get leads for our pen.

I don't believe the pen is this bad, so once they start actually being not bad maybe we can win some games.

No it isn't - it's too early to say any thing, they need to manufacture runs other then hitting home runs (I know they scored 7 tonight)

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Ok, so Gibbons was apparently going to use Morales, but Morales "felt something" in the pen.
https://twitter.com/gregorMLB?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Alright, so this explains it, and good to know that Gibbons isn't a complete fool.

Not sure what is says about the posters here though who advocated Chavez over Morales without knowing that Morales was injured though...

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
We can't lose our minds after each loss in the regular season. You can drive yourself mental doing that. There are 162 games. Great teams still lose 60-70 games a season. Are all those losses 'pretty'? Is it worth it losing your minds after each of those 60-70 losses? No. Let's strap in for the long haul.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Ok, so Gibbons was apparently going to use Morales, but Morales "felt something" in the pen.
https://twitter.com/gregorMLB?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Alright, so this explains it, and good to know that Gibbons isn't a complete fool.

Not sure what is says about the posters here though who advocated Chavez over Morales without knowing that Morales was injured though...

Normally gibbons is pretty good with the pen. He was last year for the most part. At least this means only the bizarre use of Leon is purely on him.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Lefty is up. YOU BRING IN MORALES. If they pinch hit with Young, THEN You bring in Chavez!

I mean you also suggested this, which is kind of against the rules.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Dat bullpen

= The Motley Pen =
Cecil - two bad outings already.
Osuna - can't pitch everyday.
Chavez - ouch.
Floyd - ??
Biagini - 1 great inning !
Leon - ouch.
Morales - no idea.
Storen - meh.
Schultz - who ? On 15 day DL - hip surgery.
Loup - 15 day DL.

Diagnosis: Motley Crue

This bullpen really relies on Cecil. If he can't get it together ... that's trouble.

= Starters =
Stroman
Dickey
Estrada - injured
Happ
Sanchez

Last edited:

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Cecil - two bad outings already.
Happ - I forget
Chavez - ouch.
Floyd - ??
Biagini - 1 great inning !
Leon - ouch.
Morales - no idea.
Storen - meh.
Schultz - who ?
Loup - 15 day DL.

Diagnosis: Motley Crue

This bullpen really relies on Cecil. If he can't get it together ... that's trouble.

Happ is a starter and Schultz is injured.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I mean you also suggested this, which is kind of against the rules.

Yea I was pretty heated and misspoke/typed too fast (also called Gibbons a GM).

You bring in Morales, if Young pinch hits (no idea if Farrell pulls his hottest hitter for him but who knows) then you still bring in Chavez to pitch to the righties that follow.

Looks like that's what Gibbons actually intended to do, to his credit.

Off course a few posters here were supporting Gibbons for bringing in Chavez, when he intended to do the opposite. I wonder if they'll eat crow now or if they'll say that Gibbons was wrong to want to bring in Morales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad