Blue Jays GDT: ('16 v1)OPENING SERIES! |@TB| 7pm ET/4pm PT |Dickey vs Smyly (Post #1 is YT heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Before we step into the 2016 season, let's take a moment to remember 2015

and oh yeah...

Alright, time to turn the page.

Ready?

Let's go.

500px-Toronto_Blue_Jays_logo.svg.png

2016 Toronto Blue Jays Opening Roster

Rotation
|#|Throws
Marcus Stroman|6|R
Marco Estrada*|25|R
R.A. Dickey|43|R
J.A. Happ|33|L
Aaron Sanchez|41|R
*Estrada is beginning the year on the 15-day DL, but I'm leaving him here since it's expected the Jays can avoid having to semi-permanently fill his spot for now thanks to off-days/scheduling.

Bullpen
|#|Throws
Roberto Osuna|54|R
Drew Storen|45|R
Brett Cecil|27|L
Gavin Floyd|39|R
Jesse Chavez|30|R
Joe Biagini|66|R
Arnold Leon|68|R
Franklin Morales| |L

Lineup
||Pos.|#|Bats
1|Kevin Pillar|CF|11|R
2|Josh Donaldson|3B|20|R
3|Jose Bautista|RF|19|R
4|Edwin Encarnacion|DH|10|R
5|Troy Tulowitzki|SS|2|R
6|Chris Colabello|1B|15|R
7|Michael Saunders|LF|21|L
8|Russell Martin|C|55|R
9|Ryan Goins|2B|17|R

Bench
|Pos.|#|Bats
Justin Smoak|1B/DH|14|S
Ezequiel Carrera|OF|3|L
Darwin Barney|2B/3B/SS|18|R
Josh Thole|C|22|R

Disabled List
|Pos.|#|Throws/Bats|Injury|ETA
Marco Estrada|SP|25|R|Back soreness|Expected to join team on April 10
Aaron Loup|RP|62|L|Strained elbow tendon|Late April?
Devon Travis|2B|29|R|Shoulder surgery|Late May/Early June

Injury updates are courtesy MLB.com

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Copied from the discussion thread:

NOTICE ABOUT THE SPLIT BLUE JAYS THREADS & HF JAYS CONDUCT/RULES (for new posters)

If you haven't been around the HF TML board before to see the Blue Jays discussion, know that it is a little quirky. Due to the high demand for Jays talk, it was decided that there would be 2 types of threads for the Blue Jays: a Discussion thread, and a GDT.

The Discussion thread is for all non-game-specific Jays talk and activity. Any time there is not a game going on, posts go in the discussion thread. If your topic does not relate to the game being discussed in the GDT, or does not come from a conversation that is happening in the GDT, put it in the discussion thread.

The GDT is for discussion of the game going on and for tangential discussions that occur during the game (like any other hockey GDT on the site). It is up to the mods to determine if talk is getting too tangential for the GDT or not, but generally it's a pretty relaxed attitude as long as you're not trying to talk about something that fits better in another thread (like the hockey games going on). Under most circumstances, the GDTs are locked when a game is not happening. A mod should unlock it 30 min to 1 hour before scheduled game time (going by broadcast start time, not necessarily 1st pitch) and will likely close it by 30-45min after the game concludes, when it looks like discussion is thinning out some.

If a GDT is not open and a game is beginning, use the report post feature to alert an outside mod to unlock the thread. Just fill in a request for an unlock in the text field the report function creates.

Also note that while this is the Leafs board, it was decided long ago by all participants involved (and not just the mods) that Jays threads are what amounts to neutral territory. In other words, you leave your hockey allegiance at the door and simply be a Blue Jays fan. Fans from non-Leaf teams (a group to which I belong) are welcome to participate and post in the threads. You may playfully rib others about hockey or whatever, but try to avoid anything that could be viewed as inflammatory, especially against the Leafs since they are being gracious enough to host these threads for everyone instead of forcing traffic to the general MLB sub-board on here. The HF Jays community has long included fans from all 7 Canadian fanbases, along with fans of the Devils, Predators, Bruins, Sharks, Coyotes, Stars, and more. The fact that we have a fairly tight-knit group that gets along when most inter-fanbase interactions on HF have significant challenges is something to be proud of and something that we should strive to keep intact.

If you have a problem or question relating to the HF Jays threads, PM one of the usual Jays-fan mods, BertCorbeau, King Mapes, or myself. Or any other Leaf mod since this is their board.

Thanks everyone. Let's have a great 2016 season.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
This is going to be great... Have to wake up at like 4:30 am for this but worth it.

Go Jays.

E2H5.

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING!!!! One of the best days of the year. I certainly haven't been this excited for baseball in a really long time.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Not gonna lie i'm still shocked at that lineup. I legit laughed seeing Troy Tulowitzki as our 5th hitter after JD, Bats and EE.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
This is going to be a very exciting pitching matchup. Our starting lineup look so good but bench is weak

Last edited:

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Hyped as hell!

Looking forward to a whole season of Buck's blunders.

I'm sure he's already in the booze...what is it 9:30 ..hm by game time he should have a good buzz going

Get ready for some classic Buck blunders and comments for example "He just looks like a baseball player" or " he hits high and deep!!!!!!!!......he catches it at before he even reaches the warning track.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I am not sure except for Smoak it's a very week bench

It's not perfect, but consider this; The lineup is stacked to the point where you don't need to pinch hit for anyone. You really just need that one guy for Goins or Thole when Dickey is pitching, if it comes to that. The bench wasn't going to be used heavily anyway. The one thing I would have liked to see was a better speed option. Barney and Carrera have some wheels but aren't necessarily speed demons. Aside from that gripe, bench is fine for day-to-day usage.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
It's not perfect, but consider this; The lineup is stacked to the point where you don't need to pinch hit for anyone. You really just need that one guy for Goins or Thole when Dickey is pitching, if it comes to that. The bench wasn't going to be used heavily anyway. The one thing I would have liked to see was a better speed option. Barney and Carrera have some wheels but aren't necessarily speed demons. Aside from that gripe, bench is fine for day-to-day usage.

I totally agree with your point of view but the problem is if any of your infielders (except 1B) get injured, what option do we have? Barney? (that's what I am worried about)

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
People complain about them but I would not trade them for anything. Just getting that one dose of American broadcasters for the playoffs again was enough to last a lifetime.

Pat and Buck drinking game

"Tell you what" Take a sip.
"Swingin a hot bat" Take a shot.
Buck yells high and deep but stays in the park. Finish your drink.
"Little looper, this could be trouble" Take a sip.
Buck showing off his Spanish pronunciation of Ezequiel Carrera. Take a shot.
Buck back to his regular pronunciation of Carrera during play. Take a sip.
"Git up Ball Git up" Finish your drink.
"Fisted" (I think someone told Buck what this also meant so he doesn't seem to use it anymore) Take two shots.
"Looks like a ball player" or cliche about how something in baseball is so simple. Take a shot.
Pat mentions George Brett. Finish your drink

Pat or Buck says something followed by dual old man chuckle. Take a sip. (you might get hammered just on this one alone).

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

You gotta realize when Travis comes back also, goins goes to the bench which means our bench gets stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad