Prospect Info: #155 - Oscar Plandowski (D)

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Seems like very good value
upload_2021-7-24_16-23-33.png

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Oscar the Grouch, of course.

"He chains mohawks into pivots, into crossovers, into absorbing contact...He can pretty much do all the skating moves you want. The handling and shooting skills are there, too. Hands away from body, steps into the pucks...He’s elusive. -EliteProspects 2021 NHL Draft Guide "

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
The RD version of Johansson. That's about all I've got. The comp to Shattenkirk is interesting.

Reactions: Henkka

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Really good skater, makes some sketchy decisions with the puck but certainly worth a late 5th rounder.

Reactions: Henkka

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I think this team would have been better off hiring his dad instead of promoting Draper. Should also hire his mom.

Anyways, if this kids turns out to be Bart Lebda V2.0, it's still a win for a 5th rounder.

Reactions: Gibby

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I think this team would have been better off hiring his dad instead of promoting Draper. Should also hire his mom.

Anyways, if this kids turns out to be Bart Lebda V2.0, it's still a win for a 5th rounder.
Could it be the reason they get him?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Could it be the reason they get him?
I doubt it, but Stevie obviously knows his parents. This is the kind of pick I'd like to see when they have insider connections. Later round, fell below draft projections, excellent skater so he has some upside potential. Worst case they flip him to his dad to get the 5th back, but I'm hoping he at least makes the AHL.

I think he's an intriguing pick if he can add more bulk. In today's NHL, a short, stout defenseman that can skate would work well in the new NHL. Note that "short" is relative to other defensemen, he's 6' so not really that short.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Some good stuff was said about Plandowski at around 82 minutes into this episode

Summary:

- his mom is a professional skating coach and Oscar benefits from that as he is a phenomenal skater.

- his father, Darryl, is a scout. His family knows NHL hockey.

- Oscar is a great two-dman that won't put himself out of position. He's not a risk taker. He wants to develop the right way.

My take. Sounds like he's very mature and he's got deep hockey bloodlines. Even if he never makes pros, this kid will work in the sport in some compacity. Hockey is his calling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad