Sekera-Fayne
Davidson-Oesterle
Nurse-Pardy

That would be my guess

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Anyone want to help me make guesses on tomorrow's lineup for the GDT I'm throwing together for midnight? Do all of the new guys suit up? Not entirely sure whats going on with who's heading back to the AHL and who got called up. Any input would be awesome, thanks!

I think TMac said in his presser today that Crack and Pardy should play tomorrow...

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
Hall-Drai-Kassian
Maroon-McDavid-Eberle
Korpse?-Lander-Yak
Hendricks-Letestu-Cracknell

Sekera-Fayne
Davidson-Oesterle
Nurse-Pardy

That would be my guess

Thanks, Spawn. Pretty similar to mine. Just wasn't sure if Nikitin would be in for one of Nurse or Osterle based on the transactions made today.

I think TMac said in his presser today that Crack and Pardy should play tomorrow...

Beauty.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Am I alone in thinking Maroon is a perfect fit with RNH and Eberle? Those are like our only two forwards who prefer to attack off the cycle versus the rush, and from what Ducks fans have been saying Maroon is a guy who excels down low and in front of the net. It's too bad Pouliot is likely out for the remainder of the season, because to me this would be a perfect mix for the lines:

Hall-Drai-Kassian
Pouliot-McDavid-Yakupov
Maroon-RNH-Eberle

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Nothing to do with lines, but who is our backup goalie? Brossiot was sent down was he not?

Paper transaction. He needed to be on the AHL roster by 1PM MT today in order to be eligible should Bakersfield make the playoffs. They'll recall him tomorrow I'd imagine. Same with Nurse. Not as sure about Oesterle and Khaira.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Paper transaction. He needed to be on the AHL roster by 1PM MT today in order to be eligible should Bakersfield make the playoffs. They'll recall him tomorrow I'd imagine. Same with Nurse. Not as sure about Oesterle and Khaira.
We get 4 callups for the rest of the year. Gotta be careful

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
We get 4 callups for the rest of the year. Gotta be careful

Eh. There's no one else down there who deserves a look for the rest of this year.

They'll call up Nurse and Brossoit. And maybe Oesterle. And then they'll have 1 or 2 more for someone.

If injuries hit they can call players up on emergency basis.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Oesterle has done nothing to be left behind imo. His play along with Davidson has actually made that pairing the most dangerous offensive pairing we've had in a longgggggg time. I really hope they try icing the best possible line up. Khaira has been great as well since his call up and he is skilled enough to play with a guy like Yakupov to the point that we don't have to burry Yak with a guy like Letestu.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Oesterle has done nothing to be left behind imo. His play along with Davidson has actually made that pairing the most dangerous offensive pairing we've had in a longgggggg time. I really hope they try icing the best possible line up. Khaira has been great as well since his call up and he is skilled enough to play with a guy like Yakupov to the point that we don't have to burry Yak with a guy like Letestu.

They will in the AHL. It just makes more sense to get these guys playoff experience.

What is the value of having them up here? Is it that much better to finish 26th than 29th?

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
To finish the year:

Hall-Draisaitl-Kassian
Maroon-McDavid-Eberle
Pakarinen-RNH-Yakupov
Hendricks-Letestu-Cracknell
X-Lander
X-Korpikoski
IR-Pouliot

Sekera-Fayne
Klefbom-Davidson
Nurse-Pardy
x-Nikitin
IR-Gryba

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Hall - Drai - Kassian
Maroon - McD - Eberle
Lander - Nuge - Yak (3rd line is a bit weird without Pouliot)
Hendricks - Letestu - Cracknell
Korp

Sekera - Fayne
Davidson - Clendening
Klefbom - Pardy
Nikitin?

McDeathbyCheerios*

Thinking when healthy we absolutely need to try the following...

Hall - Drai - Kassian
(it just works)
Pouliot - McDavid - Yakupov
(let's watch to see if it can still look good)
Maroon - RNH - Eberle
(if seen RNH and Eberle cycle well, let's see if Maroon can help with that)
(wagon?)

Klefbom - Davidson
(Dream Team)
Sekera - Fayne
(It's fine)
Nurse - Pardy
(two big guys maybe some okay mentorship)

McDeathbyCheerios*

Am I alone in thinking Maroon is a perfect fit with RNH and Eberle? Those are like our only two forwards who prefer to attack off the cycle versus the rush, and from what Ducks fans have been saying Maroon is a guy who excels down low and in front of the net. It's too bad Pouliot is likely out for the remainder of the season, because to me this would be a perfect mix for the lines:

Hall-Drai-Kassian
Pouliot-McDavid-Yakupov
Maroon-RNH-Eberle
Yeah i agree entirely with that third line

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I'd like to see when RNH/Klef are healthy:

Hall - RNH - Leon
Maroon - McDavid - Eberle
Yakupov - Letestu - Kassian
Hendy - Lander - Crack
Extra: Gazdic

Klefbom - Sekera
Davidson - Oesterle
Nurse - Pardy
Extra: Nikitin

Talbot
Brossoit

Stack up the offensive guns on the top 2 lines. Maroon should be a good puck cycler for McDavid/Eberle. Have 2 "energy/defensive" lines (hopefully Yak isn't a defensive liability). Gazdic as an extra just incase we need an enforcer.

Klefbom/Sekera are our best D-men, so let's pair em on the top pair. Davidson and Oesterle have good chemistry going. Nurse needs a stay-at-home partner and softer minutes.

I also hope Todd gives Brossoit ~30% of the starts for the rest of the season.

Nugey McNugeson

Nov 24, 2014
Edmonton

Hall-Drai-Kassian
Pouliot-McDavid-Yakupov
Maroon-RNH-Eberle

This makes a lot of sense actually, good observation :handclap:

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
What I'd like to see for tomorrow specifically, I'd change it up again after that:

Khaira - McDavid- Eberle
Hall - Drai - Kassian
Maroon - Lander - Yak

Davidson - Oesterle
Sekera - Fayne
Pardy - Nurse

Talbot
Brossoit

For Maroon I don't see the speed to keep up with McDavid, I feel like most plays will be done before he catches upto them, I'd prefer him to be 3rd line for ES and 1st unit PP for puck retrieval/boardwork and screening the goalie (kicking Letestu off the PP). I put Khaira in there instead as he didn't look totally out of place with Nuge and Ebs earlier in the year in that role, he's got more speed to keep pace and can do some of the boardwork that Pouliot would normally do, hands are worse obviously, but I want someone who can help push that McDavid level pace that gives D fits.

Yak's been playing well of late and Lander has got his first goal in forever, we should give Lander an opportunity to keep some forward momentum going and Yak seems to play better with him than Letestu or Hendricks. Hoping Maroon's cycle game can give the 3rd line more inzone time that we rarely get from lines outside the top 6.

Cracknell is obviously 4th line and that should be a decent fit for him, with those two.

Kept Davidson and Oesterle together cause they've been solid together, I still get the impression Oesterle will falter at the NHL level, but no reason to stop doing whats working till it stops working.

Sekera and Fayne look like they need to be kept together, Sekera without Fayne 1.85 GF/per 60 and 2.85 GA/per 60 (GF%=38.8), Fayne without Sekera 1.71 GF/per 60 and 3.04 GA/per 60 (GF%= 36.0), when together 2.13 GF/per 60 and 2.13 GA/per 60 (GF%=50.0).

Nurse and Pardy together, Nurse could use the more veteran presence and give Pardy the left side over Nurse, cause you want the new guy on the team to have the comfort factor and Nurse roams from his position by nature so what's side he's on shouldn't matter much.

Healthy line-up:

Pouliot- McDavid- Eberle
Hall - Drai - Kassian
Maroon- RNH- Yak
Hendricks- Letestu- Pakarinen

Klefbom - Davidson
Sekera - Fayne
Pardy - Nurse

Talbot
Brossoit

Ad

Upcoming events