GDT: 15/11/15: Leafs @ Rangers. 7PM .. Bob Cole calling this one.. Oh babyyyy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Who would you rather start?

I'd say going with Bernier because we have a tired team. 3rd game in 4 nights. Best to start a rested goaltender.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks to Budsfan the following:

Maple Leafs-New York Rangers: Game preview

By: Mark Zwolinski Sports reporter, Published on Sat Nov 14 2015

The Rangers’ 13 wins are the most through the first 17 games of a season in team history.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2015/11/14/maple-leafs-new-york-rangers-game-preview.html

MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

Puck drop: 7 p.m.

TV: Sportsnet

Radio: TSN Radio 1050 Toronto

Key matchup:Henrik Lundqvist vs Nazem Kadri.

Toronto’s best forward faces off against the best goalie in the league in Lundqvist, and the splendid Swede is almost unbeatable to start the season. Lundqvist started in Saturday’s 2-1 shootout win against Ottawa and may not play Sunday. If he does, the Leafs will see a goalie third in the NHL with a 1.76 GAA and second in wins (9) and save percentage (.946). If he doesn’t play, the Rangers have backup Antti Raanta, who is 3-0 in three starts and has allowed just two goals in 85 shots he’s faced so far.

Sizzling: Off to an excellent start, including an eight-game winning streak. The Rangers’ 13 wins are the most through the first 17 games of a season in team history. Their 28 points also ties a team record for the most points recorded through the first 17 games of a season.

Hurting Derek Stepan left Saturday’s game after taking a high hit from Ottawa’s Zack Smith. Stepan missed part of the second period and was taken to a quiet room where he underwent the NHL’s concussion protocol. He cleared and returned to the lineup for the start of the third period.

Rookie star: Leaf fans will get to see Oscar Lindberg, one of the top rookies in the league this season. Lindberg is second among rookies with seven goals and third in overall rookie scoring with 12 points.

Up next: Tuesday vs. Colorado, 7:30 p.m., TSN4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Go with Bernier.

Reimer played a back-to-back last weekend, and has played 2 games in the past 3 nights.

Last thing we need is for him to get shelled or to get injured and ruin his momentum.

Start Bernier. Rangers are starting their backup, we can too.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Like I said before, ride Reimer for a long time. Let Bernier sit for awhile.

I doubt Babcock plays Reimer again after the amount of rubber he's seen though.

If Bernier plays well tomorrow, I really hope they go back to Reimer. He deserves a long look with the way he's played lately.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Gotta get Bernier back in. Maybe Reimers play will motivate him to be HIS badass self.

Maybe his bad play of late was him getting too comfortable with the #1 job since Reimer was playing so poorly?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Gotta get Bernier back in. Maybe Reimers play will motivate him to be HIS badass self.

Maybe his bad play of late was him getting too comfortable with the #1 job since Reimer was playing so poorly?

If that is the case, I would be SEVERELY worried.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Good test for the lads. Second night of a back to back against the top team in the east. Will they have the gas to keep up the hard shifts? Bernier coming in after a layoff to try to regain the net? Reimer stays hot? A few weeks ago you would think the Leafs get trashed, but they will probably keep it close.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Maple Leafs-New York Rangers: Game preview

By: Mark Zwolinski Sports reporter, Published on Sat Nov 14 2015

The Rangers’ 13 wins are the most through the first 17 games of a season in team history.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2015/11/14/maple-leafs-new-york-rangers-game-preview.html

MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

Puck drop: 7 p.m.

TV: Sportsnet

Radio: TSN Radio 1050 Toronto

Key matchup:Henrik Lundqvist vs Nazem Kadri.

Toronto’s best forward faces off against the best goalie in the league in Lundqvist, and the splendid Swede is almost unbeatable to start the season. Lundqvist started in Saturday’s 2-1 shootout win against Ottawa and may not play Sunday. If he does, the Leafs will see a goalie third in the NHL with a 1.76 GAA and second in wins (9) and save percentage (.946). If he doesn’t play, the Rangers have backup Antti Raanta, who is 3-0 in three starts and has allowed just two goals in 85 shots he’s faced so far.

Sizzling: Off to an excellent start, including an eight-game winning streak. The Rangers’ 13 wins are the most through the first 17 games of a season in team history. Their 28 points also ties a team record for the most points recorded through the first 17 games of a season.

Hurting Derek Stepan left Saturday’s game after taking a high hit from Ottawa’s Zack Smith. Stepan missed part of the second period and was taken to a quiet room where he underwent the NHL’s concussion protocol. He cleared and returned to the lineup for the start of the third period.

Rookie star: Leaf fans will get to see Oscar Lindberg, one of the top rookies in the league this season. Lindberg is second among rookies with seven goals and third in overall rookie scoring with 12 points.

Up next: Tuesday vs. Colorado, 7:30 p.m., TSN4.

Last edited:

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
We can use the same formula as against CAnucks.

The checking line (which by the way wasn't together the last time we played the Rangers) will neutralize the Nash line. Our other two 'second' lines of Kadri and/or Bozak can (if it goes according to plan) outscore the lines they go up against.

We might even get a goal from the Froese line as the last time Clune was in the line-up, but Froese/Grabs/Holland have now been together for a few games and also starting to feel more comfortable.

So, last time Bozak and Lupul were a line, but we've now established the checking line - which has been working well by relieving pressure off of Kadri and Bozaks' line by allowing them to take on easier lines.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Put out Bernier. Reimer needs to rest, especially after being peppered with 45 shots yesterday.

I wouldn't mind a high shot against volume game like yesterday, as long as Bernier can save them. I kind of want to lose so we don't get too far away from last place, but I also want good stats out of the goalies/players. So keep it close, but lose in the end.

Just don't win in shootout... Worst way to win if you want to tank.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
put Bernier in, Reimer had 43 saves last night..guy needs some rest eventually. Bernier needs to get his **** together and start playing well.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
That was a hectic third period for reimer, bernier should play today. He needs to get back in at some point, might as well rest reimer.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Like others have already said, I think if Reimer didn't have a tough night last night then maybe I would put him in today.

But the fact that it's a back to back plus Reimer faced 45 shots last night, Bernier should 100% start tonight.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I expect to see Bernier. Reimer has been on a crazy run, but after that many shots he could use a night off. A chance for Bernier to try and work himself back into the mix though who knows if that will happen.

Tough one to win, but Leafs have been toppling teams they shouldn't be able to beat with this roster for a while now so who knows.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
We somehow always play well against the Rangers

This is true! I watch most Leafs vs Rangers games with my mother-in-law who is a Leafs fan and it's just amazing how good the Leafs play against the Rangers! Hope it's a good game tonight! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad