Pre-Game Talk: 15/10/2016 - Wings at Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
But pysyk did very little himself to drive posession... this is why the stat is useless in this case.. he was just on the ice in good times while everyone else made the impact for the most part.. he was basically a passanger and did well for bottom pair and made no mistakes.. he didn't drive the posession by any stretch...

Sometimes I wonder if people actually watch the game or if they just like making baseless claims. Tell me, did you actually watch Pysyk or did you watch the game as a whole and then think, "I didn't notice Pysyk, so he probably didn't do anything of note"?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Sometimes I wonder if people actually watch the game or if they just like making baseless claims. Tell me, did you actually watch Pysyk or did you watch the game as a whole and then think, "I didn't notice Pysyk, so he probably didn't do anything of note"?

He didnt stand out in a bad way or a good way.

he was solid

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
He didnt stand out in a bad way or a good way.

he was solid

Just a few clips I have of him from Thursday. Possession isn't just putting the puck on net...it's the little things that lead up to that shot that are just as important. Again, analytics aren't the end all be all, but they don't usually happen on accident. These are things you hardly every saw Gudbranson or even Kulikov do on a consistent basis, if at all.

E02iBAg.gif

aMy7efi.gif

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Just a few clips I have of him from Thursday. Possession isn't just putting the puck on net...it's the little things that lead up to that shot that are just as important. Again, analytics aren't the end all be all, but they don't usually happen on accident. These are things you hardly every saw Gudbranson or even Kulikov do on a consistent basis, if at all.

E02iBAg.gif

aMy7efi.gif

Like I said, he was solid. Like Petrovic, Solid.

He didnt wow me. He made the right play and I liked his decision making. That pair did get hemmed in a couple of times but nothing major.

And as Ive stated, Jersey was close to the bottom in possession last year. Out possessing them was not an impressive feat.

I'm not touching this Kulikov Gudbranson thing anymore. You guys keep bringing them up then it gets started all over again.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Puck movement was noticeably better than last season. I was amazed at the passes our guys were making as compared to last year when it was all short, or drop passes.

The only negative I see is that it affects the 1st line too greatly. Barkov clearly prefers to carry the puck in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad