Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Goddamn. All I can say is it's a good thing all my extensive trade talks fizzled, or I'd have messed up the chemistry. For now, I'm just sitting back and watching this in amazement. It'll end soon, no doubt, but heck - it sure is fun in the meantime! I guess I should enjoy the ride. :propeller

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Ohio Jones said:
Goddamn. All I can say is it's a good thing all my extensive trade talks fizzled, or I'd have messed up the chemistry. For now, I'm just sitting back and watching this in amazement. It'll end soon, no doubt, but heck - it sure is fun in the meantime! I guess I should enjoy the ride. :propeller

Steroids! Steriods! Steriods!

:bow: :help:

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
"Must be the HRT program Emo (GM Doug Emerson) has got the team on," said the janitor at the local clinic in Columbus. "I see the guys come in every so often during my shifts."

:D

For those that don't know what HRT stands for... Hormone Replacement Treatment

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Donga said:
"Must be the HRT program Emo (GM Doug Emerson) has got the team on," said the janitor at the local clinic in Columbus. "I see the guys come in every so often during my shifts."

OK, I confess - I've been using Canadian women on my team. Seems to be working...

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Donga said:

So what you're saying is that Mike Modano is a better player with breasts than without? :dunno:

Maybe that's what was missing during the Olympics. He certainly played like a p&#*y in Turin...

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Three Jackets came home from the Olympics with hardware:

Joni Pitkanen returned with the silver medal after his Finnish squad went into the gold-mdeal game perfect, only to drop a 3-2 decision to the new Olympic Champion Swedes, including his Columbus teammates Henrik Sedin and Mattias Norstrom, who return with gold medals.

Canada's Martin Brodeur played extremely well but received no goal support, with his teammates getting blanked in three of six outings. Canada was bounced by Russia in the Quarter Finals.

And how about the US's Mike Modano? See the Commissioner's post, above...

HFNHL Red Wings

Hey Douglas - I'm sure the 'check is in the mail' but I still have received payment on my team lineup consulting fees :p:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
HFNHL Red Wings said:
Hey Douglas - I'm sure the 'check is in the mail' but I still have received payment on my team lineup consulting fees :p:

It is indeed (although to be fair the only line you suggested that I'm using is the first line, and I've put them with a different defensive pair), but since I'm gainfully unemployed, I'm sure it will bounce. ;)

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Ohio Jones said:
It is indeed (although to be fair the only line you suggested that I'm using is the first line, and I've put them with a different defensive pair), but since I'm gainfully unemployed, I'm sure it will bounce. ;)

Bah...it's a conspiracy to keep the man down

HFNHL Red Wings

Ohio Jones said:

Bah ... you just tweaked my proposal. After all, we know how well your line combinations were working before my 'consultation' :snide:

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Ohio Jones said:
Three Jackets came home from the Olympics with hardware:

Joni Pitkanen returned with the silver medal after his Finnish squad went into the gold-mdeal game perfect, only to drop a 3-2 decision to the new Olympic Champion Swedes, including his Columbus teammates Henrik Sedin and Mattias Norstrom, who return with gold medals.

Mattias Norström was not on the Swedish roster.

Tampa Bay had three players, Hävelid, Daniel Sedin and Mikael Samuelsson who won the gold.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Tampa GM said:
Of course I am sure. I am Swedish and watch every single game. Norström is still in California and didnt play a single minute. He was suppose to be on the roster but he had to say no due to an injury.

Colorado had only one player in the Olympics. Rotislav Olesz won a Bronze and will have it hanging in the lockerroom next fall.

Martin: Check your PMs!

HFNHL Red Wings

TSN's roster list was inaccurate unfortunately, or at the very least not updated for late changes. From my team alone there was 3 differences - Two that were not listed (at least when I had looked) by TSN who did participate and one that did not.

My actual final count was 12 HFNHL Red Wings with 6 of them coming home with medals.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Yeah, looks like TSN was out to lunch (I knew you watched the Swedish games, Martin, I was just looking for corroboration). I actually had two players not present, Norstrom and Pitkanen. Guess my defence isn't Olympic-calibre. Good thing it's good enough for the HFNHL!

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
HFNHL Red Wings said:
Bah ... you just tweaked my proposal. After all, we know how well your line combinations were working before my 'consultation' :snide:

Drew, I have my cheque book out and the correct spelling of your name.

All I need are your suggested lines and a mailing address.

If I wasn't married to the owners daughter, I'm pretty sure I would have been fired a month or two ago (hell, maybe a season or two ago). All the more reason to keep my missus happy.

HFNHL Red Wings

Dr.Sens(e) said:
Drew, I have my cheque book out and the correct spelling of your name.

All I need are your suggested lines and a mailing address.

If I wasn't married to the owners daughter, I'm pretty sure I would have been fired a month or two ago (hell, maybe a season or two ago). All the more reason to keep my missus happy.

LMAO. I'll take a look.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Maybe I should hire Drew too...

I accidently submitted the wrong lines, with Mezei instead of Regehr, so of course Mezei takes a penalty with 1:30 left leading to the game winner with 1 minute to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad