Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v11) Next Game: @Cin|Fri, Jun 20|7pm ET/4pm PT| Hendriks vs Latos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
sweep vs mariners really helped the yanks...hopefully A's rebound today/tomorrow...

big win yesterday...jays need to keep grinding...

Yanks - next 4 series against division rivals with 2 against jays
Red Sox - of next 4 series, only 1 against division rivals
Orioles - of next 4 series, 2 against division rivals
jays - of next 4 series, 2 against division rivals (both against yanks)

I think if the Jays are 4-5 games up by the middle of July AA has to go for it.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Win today and we secure a split at minimum and eases pressure off us going to New York.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
A few notes I thought are interesting. From MLBTR

Cubs Discussing Potential Samardzija, Hammel Trades
By Charlie Wilmoth [June 14, 2014 at 9:55am CDT]
The Cubs are already discussing trades involving starting pitchers Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel with at least two teams, Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times reports. Interested teams include the Braves, Blue Jays and Mariners, and Wittenmyer cites one source from within baseball who tells him Hammel is likely to wind up with Seattle.

With about six weeks left to go before the trade deadline, the Cubs are 27-38, 11 1/2 games behind the Brewers in the NL Central. It is, of course, not necessarily surprising that the Cubs would consider trading two veteran pitchers who are having good seasons. Samardzija, who is eligible for free agency following the 2015 season, currently has a 2.77 ERA with 8.1 K/9 and 2.6 BB/9 in 91 innings. Hammel, who’s signed to a one-year deal for $6MM, is in the midst of the best season of his career, with a 2.81 ERA with 8.2 K/9 and 1.9 BB/9.

From this it seems Seattle is in on Hammel and right now the Braves and Jays are more interested in Samardzija. I'm just worried about the price with Samardzija, he's going to cost a ton of assets in a trade and a ton of money with a new contract.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
We should be in on Hammel. AL East experience, will be cheaper to acquire and hes got good stuff and size that AA likes. The perfect rental player for us this season.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Dickey starting, let the complaining begin.

I don't care what happens as long as we win and nobody gets hurt :)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
When Cherry retires, can we get Zaun to replace him? They both know about the same amount of hockey and they both wear suits such as...that.

OH WAIT HNIC IS DEAD, I FORGOT :(

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I miss that one thing...what was it called...it lead to alot of wins...ah yes, line drives, that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad