Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v10) Next Game: @Bal|Fri, Jun 13|7pm ET/4pm PT| Hutchison vs Jimenez

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Did Buck really just sort of give a "kids these days" type speech? Would he also like to tell them to get off his lawn and possibly get haircuts too? :sarcasm:

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Brett Lawrie isn't even someone who can play 2B anymore, he is legitimately very good at it.

Yea I dont understand why many people were so resistant to the idea of him playing second. It is almost a waist to have him playing 3rd with his athleticism.
3rd base isnt a premium defensive position, its nice to have great D there but it isnt as important as it is in the middle infield. His bat also plays better at second than it does at 3rd.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Yea I dont understand why many people were so resistant to the idea of him playing second. It is almost a waist to have him playing 3rd with his athleticism.
3rd base isnt a premium defensive position, its nice to have great D there but it isnt as important as it is in the middle infield. His bat also plays better at second than it does at 3rd.

I think maybe because he was SO GOOD at 3B, people (including me) felt that he's there to stay (i.e. don't mess with a good thing).

Gose caught stealing again. Reyes leads off next inning, so not a huge deal.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I think maybe because he was SO GOOD at 3B, people (including me) felt that he's there to stay (i.e. don't mess with a good thing).

Gose caught stealing again. Reyes leads off next inning, so not a huge deal.

Can't blame Gose there. Anytime you get thrown out on a pitch out i more bad luck than anything. They don't pitch out there he steals that easy.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada

The problem was the constant switch in deciding between 2B and 3B. He is still better at 3B but clearly proving he is quite good at 2B.

3B is a premium defensive position but 2B is a bit more important and yes, there are more quality of bats at 3B than 2B. For the future, I'd like to see the Jays go out get a 3B or move Jose there and find a SS.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
I guess Hutchison likes facing the Orioles huh? Orioles offense doesn't look that good without Nelson Cruz. That signing has been huge for them and he is keeping them in the race. Seems absurd nobody would give him more than 8M.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I guess Hutchison likes facing the Orioles huh? Orioles offense doesn't look that good without Nelson Cruz. That signing has been huge for them and he is keeping them in the race. Seems absurd nobody would give him more than 8M.

No he just likes playing on the road!

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Brett Lawrie isn't even someone who can play 2B anymore, he is legitimately very good at it.

That really makes things a lot more interesting going forward as well because it's much easier to get a good 3b than it is a good 2b. Although I did forget we have Izturis. You never hear anything about him since his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad