'14/'15 - This is the season that was.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Highlight the comeback against Pitts and SO loss.... One of the best game of the season and the crowd was really into it for reg season. The stretch run with the 3 game shutouts. 5 D-men out and we still managed to keep getting points. Of course Lowery Schiefele / Trouba/Chairot/ and Hutch progression as rookies and sophomores. Perraults play after we moved him to wing at the 20 game mark/ plus his 4 goal night (sorry Gail not a 5 goal night). Beating Montreal and Toronto in our barn and sending all those smug jersey wearing Habs and Leafs home with their tales btw their legs!
- the jets play in the 1 st periods ..... They seemed to have a lot of jump from the get go every game. Good perpetration

The bad
- after ASB
- the loss in Pitts to mallkiunless and Crosbyless Pens
- the San Jose loss with 5 secs left
- Pavs play vs playoff teams B4 March
-Handling of Kane all season.
- jets not holding the lead in the 3 rd and difficulty closing out games and losing in OT/SO
- highest penalized team.... I do not mind the high energy hit penalties but the lazy stick and off zone trips/ hooks
Not winning at least 1 playoff game

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
The lead up to the All Star break while I was in Canada was so much fun. Slamming the Leafs 5-1 then being at the game where we lost in five seconds to the Sharks. They updated us with the WJC final score during the game and everyone at the MTS centre was going wild when they showed us 5-1, then suddenly it was 5-4 and Jets were tied up at 2-2 in the 3rd period. Crazy night. I spent far too much money on a toque and told the ladies with season tickets beside me to stop nattering all through the game because I hadn't flown 8000 miles to hear them talk about their kids parent teacher interviews.

Then it was a rebound loss to Arizona and I think games against Kings and Ducks, and next thing I'm in New York, mildly dejected I couldn't get tickets to Isles @ Rangers. Didn't need to worry because staying home meant seeing the massive win against Florida.

So many good memories formed this season. The Jets are in a strong position going forward, now to build on it. And cheers to you guys for making my hockey watching experience less lonely.

igorulanov

Jan 31, 2015
Winnipeg
Paul Maurice when he's too angry to move

I also enjoyed that time he was slamming his back against the glass repeatedly to fire up his boys.

Those two images probably stand out the most for me for POMO 2015

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I’d just like to offer up my congratulations to you Jets fans - you guys had a heck of a year. Good on you.

Same here. The Jets are a very likable team (especially after moving Kane) and are one of the best "feel-good" stories of the year.

You guys were rewarded for your fanatical devotion with a post season series and though you were swept the teams were much closer than the score board results.

The best part for you is that if you can retain your key FA's things will only get better as your younger players improve, Myers for one still has plenty of room to grow into a top guy.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Being swept in round one of the playoffs was definitely disappointing but I temper the bitterness of that pill by reminding myself that the whole reason I chose a username that is an anti-tank weapon was all the talk of tanking at the beginning of the season. Seems like a long time ago and I haven't used my gif of an ERYX blowing up a tank since late October so it was a good season. The experts all had us in the basement and until the end many of them were convinced we'd fall out of the playoff picture. So there is great satisfaction in seeing them proved wrong.

I hope that the humiliation of being swept puts fire into out returning players' bellies and they train extra hard in the summer and come out next October like raging gorillas out of the cage.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
This season was special in my mind because:

For the first time the team seemed to have an identity and the players gelled as a group, particularly after Kane's departure.

While there were some frustrations I never felt that the team was on autopilot for a game. They scratched and clawed for points every game. I've never minded losses when I felt the team put out the effort.

Making the playoffs was pretty special.

The younger players on the team not being simply the future but the here and now. 55, 17, and 8 all had solid seasons.

Stuart and Thorburn showing that they could contribute to the team in significant ways.

Overall, better goaltending through the season between 34 and 31 combined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad