Prospect Info: #131 Cole Fraser, 6'2 Rh Defenceman

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Not a fan of this one. Less than .5 ppg CHL D essentially never succeed. Would have preferred another Hakan pick. Oh well best of luck, I hope he turns out.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It would seem they didn't draft this guy for his offensive upside.

He's not an OD that's for sure but he does move the puck... Likes intimidation and uses his stick well... Looks like someone was spending some time in Peterborough... He could surprise. Let's see what he does next season and how he evolves. Thought he'd go later but at this point it's a crapshoot.. Especially this year

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
How many offensive d are you really going to get in the 5th round?

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
Love that this kid has committed himself to making life a living hell for opposing players. Loves to fight, agitates, hits anything that moves? We could certainly use a little of that.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

know nothing about his actual ability to play hocey but as far as toughness goes, some good comments from the announcer here

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Wings need more guys that can take a bite out of their opponent.

I love the direction the team is going. Big, mean and nasty. \w/

Yep, if they suck theyll be entertaining which cant be said for the last 5 years. If they pan out and guys are scoring and beating the other teams up theyll be the most hated team in the league.

Good direction to go. Sick of watching Nyquists and Tatars disppear in the playoffs and softies like Andersson or Miller not take the body once in a playoff series

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Yep, if they suck theyll be entertaining which cant be said for the last 5 years. If they pan out and guys are scoring and beating the other teams up theyll be the most hated team in the league.

Good direction to go. Sick of watching Nyquists and Tatars disppear in the playoffs and softies like Andersson or Miller not take the body once in a playoff series

Those are mutually exclusive...

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Those are mutually exclusive...

Speak for yourself I guess. I know theres plenty of fans who were entertained watching Probert and Kocur go wreak havoc on an opponent while the team was rebuilding. If theyre gonna be a bad rebuilding team, they might as well not let their young players get pushed around until they can add the talent to the roster to be contenders again

Wouldnt be surpised if McIlrath is re-signed the way he played this year for the Griffins and the way the team is trending

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Wings need more guys that can take a bite out of their opponent.

I love the direction the team is going. Big, mean and nasty. \w/

You talking about the Griffins? They already are. Fraser will be a good dman for them though I guess a mean lashoff maybe

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
A carny freak show doesn't replace Cirque de Soleil.

Speak for yourself I guess. I know theres plenty of fans who were entertained watching Probert and Kocur go wreak havoc on an opponent while the team was rebuilding. If theyre gonna be a bad rebuilding team, they might as well not let their young players get pushed around until they can add the talent to the roster to be contenders again

Wouldnt be surpised if McIlrath is re-signed the way he played this year for the Griffins and the way the team is trending

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
A carny freak show doesn't replace Cirque de Soleil.

Which, of course, is completely non-sequitur to the idea that the "carny freak show" can still be entertaining. Unless your entire idea of nuance is an on/off switch.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Tough, physical, traditional 3rd pairing defenceman. Hard hitter.

Don't have to expect anything more, if he ever pans out.

This mf has a mean right hand.

If he is competent and has a decent hockey IQ, it works for me. Our current D is abysmal outside of Mike Green. I wouldn't mind having a good stay at home d man that will absolutely crush the opposition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad