'13 NHL Entry Draft v3.0

TylerSVT*

Someone who I could see falling to 22 is Mantha. And I'm not even sure I'd take him there either. BMac, said he may be the best goalscorer in the draft, but most scouts and GM's have his compete level listed at about a 6/10. He has really good size, skates well, excellent shot, but again I'm not sure he's a guy we should take. If Morrissey is there at 22, we should be taking him for sure.

Does anyone think its conceivable at all that Drouin falls to us?

COL-MacKinnon
FLR-Jones
TB-Nichushkin
NSH-Barkov
CAR-Monahan
CAL-Drouin???

Never going to happen.

If it does i will paypal you 100 bucks

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Sportsnet's credibility has been low for a while in my eyes. I remember watching their hockey experts trashing the very idea of the LA Kings offering Darryl Sutter a job last season. I remember then saying that Iginla was basically unable to play hockey anymore early in the 2010-2011 season (where he went and scored 43-43-86).

Media love to blow things out of proportion, and I think this is just another case of that. They know Calgary doesn't have a clear starter for next year (although next season, we might find out that our goaltending is surprisingly strong), and to make a point, they are predicting Fucale to Calgary at 6.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
Someone who I could see falling to 22 is Mantha. And I'm not even sure I'd take him there either. BMac, said he may be the best goalscorer in the draft, but most scouts and GM's have his compete level listed at about a 6/10. He has really good size, skates well, excellent shot, but again I'm not sure he's a guy we should take. If Morrissey is there at 22, we should be taking him for sure.

COL-MacKinnon
FLR-Jones
TB-Nichushkin
NSH-Barkov
CAR-Monahan
CAL-Drouin???

Carolina's phone would explode if that happened.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

COL-MacKinnon
FLR-Jones
TB-Nichushkin
NSH-Barkov
CAR-Monahan
CAL-Drouin???

Almost zero chance he falls to six, unless someone is horribly desperate for a defenseman, and Nurse goes top five. Even then Nichushkin needs to go top five as well, and from all accounts that's not a certainty either.

If somehow the Flames walk away from the draft with Drouin (or Jones, or Barkov) I'm going to be sporting a big ol ****eating grin for like a week.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

COL-MacKinnon
FLR-Jones
TB-Nichushkin
NSH-Barkov
CAR-Monahan
CAL-Drouin???

I don't know if Drouin can fall, mostly because I don't see Tampa going and grabbing Niki. I think Drouin fits nicely within that team... And they've had a history of liking their French Canadians.

I also don't think we're giving the Raleigh guys enough credit. I don't think they'd skip over Drouin to take Monahan; I just can't see it... they have enough Staal's to provide blue-collar play; I don't see them passing over Drouin to get Monahan.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I really feel this year will start off with a trade; with Colorado raking Florida over the coals to move up to one (why every single member of the Colorado franchise is saying they'll be picking MacKinnon). Then a ton of jockeying for position as we go along. I can see minimum one team moving into the top ten, and at least 3 moves within the top fifteen to leap frog other teams. Favours will be called in, and many fan bases will be going home unhappy.

As per someone like Mantha. If he falls to 22, I'd take him before Morrissey in a heart beat. 6'4'', all kinds of upside... They don't fall out of trees those.
I see him as possibly a Getzlaf/Perry type first round pick up. Guys that years later, people are like... **** sakes how'd they fall?!

Also, I think a lot of the draft rankings on this forum are all kinds of weird. TSN's list is always ridiculously close/accurate... and they have some guys going top 20 that HF people aren't even mentioning in the top 30 (Mirco Muller, 16; wasn't even a top two poll candidate last I checked for 28 LOL)

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I think Barkov might go to Florida or Tampa tbh. Florida has Kulikov and Gudbranson already which softens the blow of passing up on Jones.

Is Vinny in Tampa's long term plans? If Florida takes Jones, maybe they take Barkov and build around him and Stamkos.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
My ideal first round would be:

#6 - Lindholm
#22 - Rychel
#28 - Zykov

Then an additional pick to grab De la Rose in the early part of the 2nd round.

TriPPinVdUb

Jun 17, 2012
Calgary Alberta
Not enough upside in those last two selections for my liking.
If we are going with hartman at 22(which I would not mind), Then I would prefer to go with more of a gamble at 28.

I absolutely love Hartman, but your right on Santini.... I wish we had a 2nd rounder to take that kind of guy with cause I would rather see a Morrisey/Bowey/Pulock type player with our 28th, I think we have 2 guys in Seilof and Witherspoon that fill Santinis role already!

TriPPinVdUb

Jun 17, 2012
Calgary Alberta
I think Barkov might go to Florida or Tampa tbh. Florida has Kulikov and Gudbranson already which softens the blow of passing up on Jones.

Is Vinny in Tampa's long term plans? If Florida takes Jones, maybe they take Barkov and build around him and Stamkos.

I think there is a deal to be made with Tampa to move up, they are looking at buying out Malone and reports say Stevie Y has his eye on the big Rusky, I would be more then willing to take a risk on Ryan if they want to switch picks with us, we may need to add Stemps to the mix but I would pull the trigger on that deal....

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
if we take hartman at 22 i will be dissapointed. the guy is a bit of a stretch to be a 2nd liner.

TriPPinVdUb

Jun 17, 2012
Calgary Alberta
if we take hartman at 22 i will be dissapointed. the guy is a bit of a stretch to be a 2nd liner.

I'm not picking him to play on the 2nd line, I'm picking him to line on C Knights wing and drive other teams crazy every night ....

Bomua/Kinght/Hartman

That's a 3rd line that can do it all!

Would you draft Bolland in the first round? I would.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
I'm not picking him to play on the 2nd line, I'm picking him to line on C Knights wing and drive other teams crazy every night ....

Bomua/Kinght/Hartman

thats not worth 22nd to me if he is there at 28th sure. but 22 could have players like morrissey, zykov, pullock, erne

Trae

Calgary

Bomua/Kinght/Hartman

I'd rather draft Hratman to play with Bomua and Kinght

What's the deal with Petan? Why isn't he being projected as a top 15 player? Size?

TriPPinVdUb

Jun 17, 2012
Calgary Alberta
thats not worth 22nd to me if he is there at 28th sure. but 22 could have players like morrissey, zykov, pullock, erne

I'm not sold on Zykov, he skates bent over and just seems off to me.

I like Pullock and Morrisy but think we can get a Bowey/Theodore with our 28th and there similar.

(Although if Pullock is there I would jump on him at 22)

I like Erne as well but doubt he's there at 22, similar type guy but with more of a touch around the net.

Hartman just brings so many intangibles that we are missing, he's a gritty, rough and tumble kid that can score, plays either wing or centre and brings it every single shift....

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Its not out of the realm of possibilities that Drouin or Jones fall to 6th. Unlikely to happen but it is possible. Personally I hope that if Jones falls to 6th that the Flames see what they can get from Edmonton for him.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
I'm not sold on Zykov, he skates bent over and just seems off to me.

I like Pullock and Morrisy but think we can get a Bowey/Theodore with our 28th and there similar.

(Although if Pullock is there I would jump on him at 22)

I like Erne as well but doubt he's there at 22, similar type guy but with more of a touch around the net.

Hartman just brings so many intangibles that we are missing, he's a gritty, rough and tumble kid that can score, plays either wing or centre and brings it every single shift....

but look at knight and bouma (4th/5th round draft picks). players like hartman can be found all throughout the draft.

TriPPinVdUb

Jun 17, 2012
Calgary Alberta
but look at knight and bouma (4th/5th round draft picks). players like hartman can be found all throughout the draft.

I don't see it that way, I think Hartman is a 2nd line guy that will put your 3rd line over the top, I see him as more of a Joe Pevelski, he could probably play higher in your lineup but will thrive in his role and make your 3rd line better then the oppositions 3rd.

That's how you win championships, by exploiting teams with your depth players, look what Boston did to Pittsburg, they didn't beat them with there first 2 lines they did it with depth all through there line up.

I defiantly see we're your coming from, if we can grab a 2nd line player that will bolster out top 6 at 22 then why wouldn't you, I just like what this kid brings.

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Its not out of the realm of possibilities that Drouin or Jones fall to 6th. Unlikely to happen but it is possible. Personally I hope that if Jones falls to 6th that the Flames see what they can get from Edmonton for him.

I will come out and say Jones to 6, is impossible.
Preds won't pass, even if you threatened to torture Poile all summer for it. If he declined, and insisted the torture wasn't worth it; then I couldn't see Rutherford walking up to the podium, thinking of how bad his defence and passing on Jones.

TriPPinVdUb

Jun 17, 2012
Calgary Alberta
I will come out and say Jones to 6, is impossible.
Preds won't pass, even if you threatened to torture Poile all summer for it. If he declined, and insisted the torture wasn't worth it; then I couldn't see Rutherford walking up to the podium, thinking of how bad his defence and passing on Jones.

Lol Jones is Nashvilles dream player, after loosing Suter you know they would love to grab another Dman like that...

Aug 3, 2010
Lol Jones is Nashvilles dream player, after loosing Suter you know they would love to grab another Dman like that...
Clearly you know nothing of Josi, but then again, nearly nobody does. That being said, having a great defence is never a bad idea.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That's how you win championships, by exploiting teams with your depth players, look what Boston did to Pittsburg, they didn't beat them with there first 2 lines they did it with depth all through there line up.

Their.
And I'm pretty sure...
17 - 46 - 18 were damaging those poor ******** in Pittsburgh more than anyone else that series.
Pretty sure they had every goal in game 1 of that series.

I do agree however, you win championships by building a full team. However, in the case of the Flames, you can't build the surrounding crew, and role players, when you don't even have a core.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad