GDT: #13 New Jersey Devils vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We've even been in almost all of the games we've lost too.

Good point, they've given themselves a chance in practically every game in part cause they work hard (yeah I know that means nothing for some people either, even though it's part of what actually makes this team watchable).

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Good point, they've given themselves a chance in practically every game in part cause they work hard (yeah I know that means nothing for some people either, even though it's part of what actually makes this team watchable).

Speed and work ethic can go a long way. Our team pretty much doesn't allow the other team time and space, we're all over them. It's been causing turnovers and leading to odd man rushes for us.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'll say it again, Hynes has a good portion of this roster punching above its weight right now, they put in the work tonight and deserved the win

I agree with Boucher if he said that cause I was thinking the same thing, looked to me like the devs were taken lightly and before they knew it the hawks found thevmselves back on their heels facing a 3 goal deficit

This is the #1 reason I was so high on Hynes. He has a half a decade of experience in having players "overachieve". He is the perfect fit for our team and I am hoping it leads to Gelinas and Yayo figuring this NHL game out in every zone.

I predicted Yayo will be the most improved player on the roster and 13 games in I am sticking to it.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Speed and work ethic can go a long way. Our team pretty much doesn't allow the other team time and space, we're all over them. It's been causing turnovers and leading to odd man rushes for us.

We didn't have either last year.....on a side note though, if Andy or Larsson get her we are royally screwed. They are ireplaceable on the team this year.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

Yes, they work hard for the most part to keep themselves in practically every game, and this season, as opposed to last, I feel like they believe in their ability to win close games. Great to see as a fan. We kind of have that plucky underdog vibe this year. I can get on board for that this season. :thumbu:

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Good quote by Zajac on the coaching staff.

“The coaching staff has created an atmosphere around here that whether we win or lose you're coming to the rink to get better and enjoy the game and I think that's been a positive,†he said. “To have them create that atmosphere, the players, the personnel, everyone wants to be around and have fun and work hard doing it.â€

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

“The coaching staff has created an atmosphere around here that whether we win or lose you're coming to the rink to get better and enjoy the game and I think that's been a positive,†he said. “To have them create that atmosphere, the players, the personnel, everyone wants to be around and have fun and work hard doing it.â€

Nice quote, and the really awesome thing is that just watching the team, you can see those aren't just words. Early days of course, but Hynes seems to be an excellent coach for this team. This could prove to be a very good hire by Shero.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

I love it. Even in Greene and Schneider's visit to the NHL Network they echoed the same sentiment that Hynes wants players to walk into practice with the mindset of improving their game, even in a small way. Really think Hynes can be a great coach for us. You can see it already that his system has a ton of advantages and with better players it can really shine.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
pbTQa0N.gif

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Adam Larsson played 27 and a half minutes last night. On the other side, Patrick Kane played 25 and a half.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Kalinin did not look out of place onthat line tonight.

He has grown on me immensely over the past five or six games. And I just can't reiterate enough how much of a breath of fresh air it is to watch a devils team that actually has speed as a legitimate weapon. Night and day compared to the slugs that were being shuttered out the past three seasons.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
He has grown on me immensely over the past five or six games. And I just can't reiterate enough how much of a breath of fresh air it is to watch a devils team that actually has speed as a legitimate weapon. Night and day compared to the slugs that were being shuttered out the past three seasons.

Not just speed, but much much better breakouts/passing. I think that has a HUGE part of their recent success.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Are we officially a fast team now? :laugh:

"The Devils skate fast, they check, and don't give you a lot of room, so we had our work cut out as it was, let alone the fact that we were down 4-0 in the game," Toews said. "It's not the game plan we wrote up and we played hard in second half but that wasn't enough

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Severson with 2 points in only 14 minutes was somewhat impressive to me. 6 points in 12 games and has twice as many points as any Devil Dman.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Lot of great stick checking at the defensive blueline last night.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If the Metro gets both WC's, then MAYBE. Don't see us finishing higher than Caps, Rags, Isles or Pens.

Unfortunately

I don't think we're gonna finish in front of the Blue Jackets either, they'll be in the playoffs too.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad