GDT: #13|New Jersey Devils @ Pittsburgh Penguins|Fill-in for Lirit|7:30PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
By the by.. I'll be at the game. Section 110 I believe. I'll be screaming gap control all night long and tweeting on our HFPenguins twitter.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
My brother & his GF are going as well.

I think the insane quality of the GDT's intimidates those who don't have those kind of photoshop skills.

Fire Shero*

Any word on who is playing with Geno and Neal on the second line? Hopefully Disco gives Jeffrey another shot. Please no more Chris Conner 2.0 / Chris Bourque 2.0

Fordy

May 28, 2008
If it's anyone other than Boychuk at this point he's a fool.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Any word on who is playing with Geno and Neal on the second line? Hopefully Disco gives Jeffrey another shot. Please no more Chris Conner 2.0 / Chris Bourque 2.0

When you claim a player off of waivers that you intend to give a look at in your top 6, you don't sit him after 5 games.

When we claimed Chris Bourque, we gave him 20 games to see what he could do. If Boychuk doesn't do anything in the next 15 games (after March 12 against the Bruins) then maybe you look at other options, or you roll with him until the trade deadline.

He's doing more than Chris Bourque did (by even being noticed) and he is younger and has higher upside than Chris Conner.

Give him a break, he's really playing hard.

Last edited:

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
I agree on easing up with the Boychuk criticism. I remember people losing it when Neal arrived and wasn't lighting the lamp daily. It will come. Patience.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I want Geno to be on Sid's wing just so we can quit talking about his winger. Then just have 3 lines that get to the red line, dump it in, and then stand at our blue line.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
I agree on easing up with the Boychuk criticism. I remember people losing it when Neal arrived and wasn't lighting the lamp daily. It will come. Patience.

The Boychuk is even less merited considering the fact that we didn't have to give up anything for him. No risk, potentially high reward investment.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The Boychuk is even less merited considering the fact that we didn't have to give up anything for him. No risk, potentially high reward investment.

the difference, of course, being Malkin and Neal on his line instead of Letestu and Kovalev. And a lot of the criticism isn't that he's a bad player, just that he's a bad fit for that line. I don't think its unreasonable to say he's not the kind of player we are looking for on that left wing despite the quality of said wing. I would rather switch Boychuk and Dupuis.

I still think our best possible line-up with the current roster has Cooke on Geno's LW.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
the difference, of course, being Malkin and Neal on his line instead of Letestu and Kovalev. And a lot of the criticism isn't that he's a bad player, just that he's a bad fit for that line. I don't think its unreasonable to say he's not the kind of player we are looking for on that left wing despite the quality of said wing. I would rather play Jeffrey in that spot. Or Cooke. Or even switch Boychuk and Dupuis.

Haven't we tried Jeffrey there already before?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
the difference, of course, being Malkin and Neal on his line instead of Letestu and Kovalev. And a lot of the criticism isn't that he's a bad player, just that he's a bad fit for that line. I don't think its unreasonable to say he's not the kind of player we are looking for on that left wing despite the quality of said wing. I would rather play Jeffrey in that spot. Or Cooke. Or even switch Boychuk and Dupuis.

I think the last option is the most interesting. No clue how effective it'd be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad