GDT: #13|50 Years, McJesus has the time flown by|Oilers vs. Pens|11-8-16|7:00PM|PPG Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
147761126296003_zpsjrrslv4h.gif

MOVE ALONG....!
stanley_cup_showcase_lc.gif

The All-American Rejects

147753863690628%201_zpsbhhbd2hu.gif

ppg%20arena_zpskc9yr0kh.jpg

147771523491111_zpsfiu3dm3t.gif

147852524584218%201_zpszrthi4nn.jpg

147791130585854_zpsv3mxlvyv.gif

147789498694115_zpsrczgmcz8.jpg

147789523255631_zpsunjb06lh.jpg

147790663760419%201_zpsctptcftu.jpg

14781533335562_zpsveeqcyn7.jpg

147853050396407_zpsskxft6p8.gif

move%20-%20along_zpsuer4ukta.gif

Rocket Man
147822262550987%201_zpss7tza4c1.gif

I still haven't come down yet...!
Play

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Thoroughly annoyed that not only is there a game tonight, but it's this game. Really wish I could give this my full attention.

And just because it'll inevitably come up: political discussion is not allowed on this board. There is a politics board hidden within HFBoards that can be easily found if you wish to discuss the election, but this is not the place to do so. You can acknowledge that there is an election, or that you voted and the like...but any sort of partisan discussion (such as who you voted for) will not fly.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I went to the polls at lunch so I could relax tonight, but I did give my tickets tonight away so that I can keep one eye on the election. Now I'm kind of regretting it, it would have been nice to just shut off and escape from politics for a while.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I went to the polls at lunch so I could relax tonight, but I did give my tickets tonight away so that I can keep one eye on the election. Now I'm kind of regretting it, it would have been nice to just shut off and escape from politics for a while.

not as bad as my case: my wife set up this "friends watching election" party I am totally going to miss Sid vs. McDavid and I am pissed:rant::rant:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Darn work blocks the GDT photos. BOOOOO. This is must-see-tv tonight, baby. Can't wait.

Over/Under 1.5 breakaways for McDavid? I think letang will shut him dahn.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

I woke up at 5 freaking am to work out before work so i could sit back and relax. I will not be watching the election, though. Pens/Oilers gun be guud. Election will be over in no time. We can all return to our lives w/o any change tomorrow.

Darn work blocks the GDT photos. BOOOOO. This is must-see-tv tonight, baby. Can't wait.

Over/Under 1.5 breakaways for McDavid? I think letang will shut him dahn.

McDavid has a predilection for cutting wide on the rush on his backhand. It all depends on how mobile Dumoulin-Maata-Cole are.

GL tonight guys. Obviously hoping for an Oilers victory- but more importantly, let's all hold hands and pray that sanity prevails for this country.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
McDavid has a predilection for cutting wide on the rush on his backhand. It all depends on how mobile Dumoulin-Maata-Cole are.

GL tonight guys. Obviously hoping for an Oilers victory- but more importantly, let's all hold hands and pray that sanity prevails for this country.

No worries, he can't skate Maatta over, ;)

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Dumoulin is extremely mobile, he's essentially the same player that Larsson is. Maatta would get burnt by McDavid and I doubt that Cole ever sees the ice when McDavid is out there. The Pens will probably have Letang on McDavid the entire game when the Oilers have the puck, Letang is probably one of the few defensemen in hockey that can actually keep up with McDavid.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Hoping for a few more Crosby goals...a hattrick would be nice! I'll say 3 goals and a lone secondary Sid assist in a 5-2 win. McDavid with a lone assist.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC

Speaking of escapes... We've gone through all of the Harry Potter movies with the kids and saved the last two for tonight. :laugh:

I'll have the Pens on a laptop with an earbud. :nod:

Dumoulin is extremely mobile, he's essentially the same player that Larsson is. Maatta would get burnt by McDavid and I doubt that Cole ever sees the ice when McDavid is out there. The Pens will probably have Letang on McDavid the entire game when the Oilers have the puck, Letang is probably one of the few defensemen in hockey that can actually keep up with McDavid.

Oh no doubt. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if McDavid is held off the scoresheet at ES with Letang shadowing him. It's still a learning curve for McDavid on the road much like it was for Crosby early on in his career.

BTW, Larsson isn't very mobile. He is excellent defensively due to his size, stick, and positioning. He even conceded during pre-season that when McDavid is coming down on you, it's better to just pretend you blew a tire and lost balance than to try and keep up just to be embarrassed. :laugh:

I think Pittsburgh's speedy wingers are going to expose our RHD. Benning and Gryba are gonna get walked, I would expect.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think if this were a playoff series, Sid would check McDavid's line because I feel the Pens match up well if those 2 lines even out. There is no doubt that line is explosive. Every game i've watched my butt is on the end of the seat because they are fun to watch.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013

I think that's a safe assumption. And it makes me very happy. Looks like Sully's on board with Murray as the starter.

Yesss.

McJesus is still a work in progress in the defensive zone. Backchecks hard, but hasn't worked out all his stick positions yet. There will be some points up for grabs around the crease tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad