13-14 Prospects Thread Version XX: Connor Brown - 55GP 110P

Status
Not open for further replies.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
Personally disagree. I think Ryan will be a 4th liner for sure, with the possibility of a 3rd line role. Matt Rupert the jury is still out on.

Rupert - Rupert - Komarov

That would be an epic 4th line if we were ever able to get Komarov back and both Ruperts make it. (this is like 3/4 years down the line

rather see komorov, holland ,d'amigo as a 4th real shutdown/energy line, if we are going with kadri, bozak and bolland as centres.

responsible, skilled centre with hustling speedy wingers, and one of them an aggitator would be great!

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
matt rupert had 4 goals tonite

He's over PPG, but the Knight have several players over ppg, and a few way over PPG.

The Ruperts aren't big boys, they're 19, and are they really looking like NHL potential players? What elite asset do they possess, that would elevate them above 100's of other graduating juniors around the world?

I'm just asking as I don't get to watch them play, but I understand the CHL has many graduating juniors every year who don't get a sniff. There has to be something more than just being drafted for a NHL club to invest in these guys.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
He's over PPG, but the Knight have several players over ppg, and a few way over PPG.

The Ruperts aren't big boys, they're 19, and are they really looking like NHL potential players? What elite asset do they possess, that would elevate them above 100's of other graduating juniors around the world?

I'm just asking as I don't get to watch them play, but I understand the CHL has many graduating juniors every year who don't get a sniff. There has to be something more than just being drafted for a NHL club to invest in these guys.

Ruperts are all compete. Whatever they have to do to get the puck, they'll do it. Legal or illegal, clean or dirty, they don't care.

mikebel111*

Finn has been so consistent in his point totals this season, he doesnt have one in 2 games
Watch him get 3 in his next game

Lol

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
OT - Junior related.

I mentioned Greg Chase last year, he didn't get drafted until the 7th. round.

I liked his skating, and puck skills, and he has a little stick it to you.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=134437&encode=TRUE

Leading the Hitman but only a little over PPG, 42 points in 37 games. Turned 19 January 1st. I'm surprised no one took him, considering how well he played last year. Just goes to show how difficult it is to get drafted.

Herzog in comparison has 29 points in34 games and was selected 5th. round for Leafs and we're pretty happy about it.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Do Leafs still have rights to Jussi Rynnäs?

22 Games, 19 Wins 1.30GAA .946% 8 shutouts in Finnish Elite League.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Do Leafs still have rights to Jussi Rynnäs?

22 Games, 19 Wins 1.30GAA .946% 8 shutouts in Finnish Elite League.

Nope.

He looked great at times, he looked bad at times, then the other times he was injured.

Good for him though.

natephil

Feb 13, 2010
London vs. Guelph tonight on Sportsnet.

Finn and Rupert should be both in the lineups.

Just a heads up for anyone with not much going on tonight with no leafs game.

Penalty Kill Icing*

How has Brown been without McDavid in recent games? Sharp dropoff?

natephil

Feb 13, 2010
The game is next week. Woops, sorry everyone. Guess I saw the commercial real quick this morning and mistaked it.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
hasn't played with McDavid since we traded for Gaunce.

The small dropoff in point production is simply because we are a bit of a one-line team right now and teams can focus on that top line.

I'm guessing he finishes with somewhere around 115-120 points, which is insane if you think about it.

You traded for brendan gaunce? damn that's nice.

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
posted this in the WJC thread, thought it deserved to go in here too. just a small article on Johnson

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/world-junior-championship-day-9-torontos-swedish-sniper/

As the leading junior-aged scorer in Sweden’s best league for men, Andreas Johnson makes you wonder how the Toronto Maple Leafs managed to snag such a prolific producer with just the 202nd pick overall in the 2013 draft. The right winger was also a great scorer in his draft year while playing junior, but perhaps he was overlooked for so long because of a knock on his conditioning and a perception he didn’t work hard enough.
But now there’s an answer for those faults: Johnson never knew he had asthma until this summer. Once diagnosed, he was able to work with his malady and is a brand-new player, earning a spot on the world junior team after being snubbed for the summer camp in Lake Placid and putting up six points through five games in Malmo.
“I feel like I can skate a lot more, it’s not just 20 seconds and I feel like dying,” Johnson said. “Now I can skate 40 seconds and the next shift I feel good again. I feel more confident and I can do things faster on the ice. I can lift more (in the weight room) and my conditioning is much better, so it’s good.”

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
posted this in the WJC thread, thought it deserved to go in here too. just a small article on Johnson

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/world-junior-championship-day-9-torontos-swedish-sniper/
As the leading junior-aged scorer in Sweden’s best league for men, Andreas Johnson makes you wonder how the Toronto Maple Leafs managed to snag such a prolific producer with just the 202nd pick overall in the 2013 draft. The right winger was also a great scorer in his draft year while playing junior, but perhaps he was overlooked for so long because of a knock on his conditioning and a perception he didn’t work hard enough.
But now there’s an answer for those faults: Johnson never knew he had asthma until this summer. Once diagnosed, he was able to work with his malady and is a brand-new player, earning a spot on the world junior team after being snubbed for the summer camp in Lake Placid and putting up six points through five games in Malmo.
“I feel like I can skate a lot more, it’s not just 20 seconds and I feel like dying,†Johnson said. “Now I can skate 40 seconds and the next shift I feel good again. I feel more confident and I can do things faster on the ice. I can lift more (in the weight room) and my conditioning is much better, so it’s good.â€

So is this Leafs scouting insight that made it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad